Heres how to REMOVE ICH from FISH safely!

mujtba

Alright so a little while ago my fish all got ICH... 4 out of the 6 were sick BADLY. I lost 1 fish- before I took any action. I could have saved this one too if I did things sooner. I did buy some medicine for ICH. Yes I know, QUARANTINE, REMOVE FISH FROM TANK blah blah blah for a month blah blah...
Well this thread is for those people who CANNOT REMOVE THEIR ALREADY STRESSED FISH and just want to safely SAVE them QUICKLY without harming any corals.

Alright, so here are the steps I followed to SAFELY REMOVE ICH FROM FISH all in a matter of 5 days WITHOUT harming corals or inverts. You can do a Draze search to find these items online or near you.
I purchased CHEM-MARIN STOP PARASITES medicine.
This medicine does not KILL ICH or anything else in your tank, which is why it is SAFE. First it will enhance the slime coat on your fish, which will remove all parasites and give your fish a fighting chance. Then with another additive, the parasites attach themselves to a false host which is then naturally removed through your protein skimmer.
Turn off all other FILTRATION mechanisms you have EXCEPT the protein skimmer PRIOR to dosing this medicine.
Depending on size of tank, put 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons TWICE A DAY. Morning and Night. It does not have to be same time, as I just did it 8 hours apart mostly in 1 day. JUST MAKE SURE TO MONITOR YOUR PH.. I added some buffer few days.
BUY GARLIC Powder and put some water in a table spoon, few pinches of GARLIC POWDER in there, and then soak some fish food in it for 2 mins (I have Nutrafin Max Marine Complete Food).
Feed FISH TWICE a day to help build immunity.
Continue this for 5 - 6 days. You will slowly start to see ICH fall off. My one fish was totally WHITE! Im glad to see him alive.
So there you have it.. this process did work for me and all my corals, fish and inverts are 110% fine.
Good Luck!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by mujtba
Continue this for 5 - 6 days. You will slowly start to see ICH fall off. My one fish was totally WHITE! Im glad to see him alive...
Are you certain the ich "falling off" wasn't just part of the natural life cycle of the ich?

mujtba

No, thats how I lost my first fish... it does not DROP off on its own.. it will consume the fish. A day or 2 after dosing the medicine, the ICH fell off.. it would not fall on its own till it devoured all fish.

dhav

I had some ich problems, I attempted to do a hyposalinaty for about 3 weeks I got my specific gravity at 1.009; and instead of seeing results I saw my fish dying slowly. This was mortifing to me and i'll never do this again. I should've left him in the tank and medicated him. But instead i took him out of his envirnoment and murdered him. I'm against QT....I say keep your fish in its original envirnoment and apply reef/invert/fish safe medication.
Can i get an AMEN

rbaldino

Alright so a little while ago my fish all got ICH... 4 out of the 6 were sick BADLY. I lost 1 fish- before I took any action. I could have saved this one too if I did things sooner. I did buy some medicine for ICH. Yes I know, QUARANTINE, REMOVE FISH FROM TANK blah blah blah for a month blah blah...

Well this thread is for those people who CANNOT REMOVE THEIR ALREADY STRESSED FISH and just want to safely SAVE them QUICKLY without harming any corals.

Alright, so here are the steps I followed to SAFELY REMOVE ICH FROM FISH all in a matter of 5 days WITHOUT harming corals or inverts. You can do a Draze search to find these items online or near you.
I purchased CHEM-MARIN STOP PARASITES medicine.
This medicine does not KILL ICH or anything else in your tank, which is why it is SAFE. First it will enhance the slime coat on your fish, which will remove all parasites and give your fish a fighting chance. Then with another additive, the parasites attach themselves to a false host which is then naturally removed through your protein skimmer.
Turn off all other FILTRATION mechanisms you have EXCEPT the protein skimmer PRIOR to dosing this medicine.
Depending on size of tank, put 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons TWICE A DAY. Morning and Night. It does not have to be same time, as I just did it 8 hours apart mostly in 1 day. JUST MAKE SURE TO MONITOR YOUR PH.. I added some buffer few days.
BUY GARLIC Powder and put some water in a table spoon, few pinches of GARLIC POWDER in there, and then soak some fish food in it for 2 mins (I have Nutrafin Max Marine Complete Food).
Feed FISH TWICE a day to help build immunity.
Continue this for 5 - 6 days. You will slowly start to see ICH fall off. My one fish was totally WHITE! Im glad to see him alive.
So there you have it.. this process did work for me and all my corals, fish and inverts are 110% fine.
Good Luck!

And for how long have they been 110% fine? I suspect the problem is just going to come back.

crimzy

Just so you know, I had similar success with ich over two years ago. Had not had a problem since. Recently, due to new additions I believe, ich came back on one of my fish. Again I did a treatment of Stop Parasite. It worked again and my fish are disease free.
While there are people on here who have not had similar success. There are also many people who have had good results with this med. There are issues with QT and hypo, I agree with that. It's unfortunate that some of the people who are looked to for answers here don't have open minds to certain alternatives.
The reality is that many people choose not to QT for one reason or another. Instead of being chastised for their practice of fish keeping, experienced people should do more to learn about alternatives rather than blindly support the "one and only one treatment" mentality. JMO and now I'm off the soapbox.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by dhav
I had some ich problems, I attempted to do a hypersalinaty dip which KILLED my fish within matter of seconds. I should've left him in the tank and medicated him. But instead i took him out of his envirnoment and murdered him. I'm against QT....I say keep your fish in its original envirnoment and apply reef/invert/fish safe medication.
Can i get an AMEN

Hyposalinity should take a couple of days to reach, not seconds.

1journeyman

No, thats how I lost my first fish... it does not DROP off on its own.. it will consume the fish. A day or 2 after dosing the medicine, the ICH fell off.. it would not fall on its own till it devoured all fish.
The life cycle of Ich does involve it dropping off of your fish. Now, depending on how infested your tank is the Ich could be at several different stages at once.
Do some searching through the disease forums, however, and you'll see many, many, many occasions where Ich seemed to disappear; only to reappear later.

nigerbang

I had some ich problems, I attempted to do a hypersalinaty dip which KILLED my fish within matter of seconds. I should've left him in the tank and medicated him. But instead i took him out of his envirnoment and murdered him. I'm against QT....I say keep your fish in its original envirnoment and apply reef/invert/fish safe medication.
Can i get an AMEN

Like noted above...You dont "dip" treat hypo...Your fish died from your negligence...
Research...
I am glad you guys have had good luck with Chem-Marin...I really am..I hope it continues to work for you...I'll just stay with my QT tank..

renogaw

Can i get an AMEN

erm, you do realize you contradicted yourself...
by putting the fish in your tank, you took it out of it's original environment...and since you did a (probably) freshwater dip i would bet you did something wrong.
how can you have an invert safe medication target no other inverts but ich? that's like putting in EMT to get rid of cyano bacteria...

renogaw

Originally Posted by Beth

beth, i always feel so sorry for you whenever these posts come up.
keep the faith sista!! for every person who wants to take an easy way out, youve helped probably 10 people who do it right.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by renogaw
beth, i always feel so sorry for you whenever these posts come up.
keep the faith sista!! for every person who wants to take an easy way out, youve helped probably 10 people who do it right.
To quote another poster:
Amen.

dhav

Originally Posted by NigerBang

Like noted above...You dont "dip" treat hypo...Your fish died from your negligence...
Research...
I am glad you guys have had good luck with Chem-Marin...I really am..I hope it continues to work for you...I'll just stay with my QT tank..

Excuse me....There was no negligence, I just performed a process that was suppose to help my fish but instead killed it. Take it easy NigerBang!

dhav

Originally Posted by renogaw
erm, you do realize you contradicted yourself...
by putting the fish in your tank, you took it out of it's original environment...and since you did a (probably) freshwater dip i would bet you did something wrong.
how can you have an invert safe medication target no other inverts but ich? that's like putting in EMT to get rid of cyano bacteria...

That is why I am against taking the fish out of its envirnoment *******, it didn't work for me. I don't believe I'll use a QT if I have a situation like this agian. And no, it was not a freshwater dip, I just worded it wrong, but corrected myself.

nigerbang

Excuse me....There was no negligence, I just performed a process that was suppose to help my fish but instead killed it. Take it easy NigerBang!

You said Dip....Thats a ton dif. than "I treated for 3 week".....Sorry, I just dont believe that edit...No big deal, Right...There are in your tank..Not mine..
There is no such Invert-Safe Ich meds....
Your against QT's....Okay...Good luck...Next time you add a fish that infects the rest of the inhabitants....Think of me, and my Ichless tank..Then think of that $30 QT tank..

rbaldino

I had some ich problems, I attempted to do a hyposalinaty for about 3 weeks I got my specific gravity at 1.009; and instead of seeing results I saw my fish dying slowly. This was mortifing to me and i'll never do this again. I should've left him in the tank and medicated him. But instead i took him out of his envirnoment and murdered him. I'm against QT....I say keep your fish in its original envirnoment and apply reef/invert/fish safe medication.
Can i get an AMEN
You've edited your original statement:
"I had some ich problems, I attempted to do a hypersalinaty dip which KILLED my fish within matter of seconds. I should've left him in the tank and medicated him. But instead i took him out of his envirnoment and murdered him. I'm against QT....I say keep your fish in its original envirnoment and apply reef/invert/fish safe medication.
Can i get an AMEN"

Did you do hypersalinity or hypo? And was it a dip or a three week treatment?