highschooler's thread!!

brandon7491

here r some pics of my 29gallon sps tank. i have no fish in atm and not a lot of corals atm either. i just moved my stuff from my 20gallon long. will be getting tons of sps this week and i have a shipment of 25florida ricordea comming in. i am 16 and am a sophmore. i pay for all of my stuff except christmas and bdays here r some pics enjoy

triga22

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Im14 years old.. But trust me you dont want to see pics
. Mabey in a few months when I get the reef set up.
Well here it is a few months later. Dosent look that good but its getting there.

kevin34

Im in high school. My tank is in the very long process of being set up. Its like it will never end.
I just have lighting, RO unit, and testing equipment left though. Then Im ready for sand and live rock.

R

regina13

Originally Posted by SiNaLOa213
heres some pics
i pay for some of the stuff but not all of it.........

im a sophmore and 15

excuse the cyano a little outdated
oh yeah i get 30% off almost everything where i work

Do you like that shape tank?? I was thinking about getting it but i couldn't find anyone who had one.

N

nemo_66

what about middle school? im 13, last year in middle school.
right now, the lights are off, so here is a pic of about 2-3 months ago. it has changed a lot and i get amazing coraline, but i scrape it off when ever i can. i guess im a little OCD, i like it to look neat and clean

goingpoor

Originally Posted by WangoTango
i pay for some of the stuff (when i have money), but my parents do pay for most of it. i usually get to go to the lfs to get 50-60 bucks worth of coral once a month (this is my allowance), but then again i do 100% of the maintanance and upkeep. its funny whenever i ask for something my parents always bring up that my tank is expensive, and that i "should be thankful to have a roof over my head and food on my plate". my response is usually "well you should be thankful that i dont do drugs and obey you."

Thats a very good response ...
I hope my four kids will tell me that when there older...im getting my 10 year old his first saltwater tank this christmas but hes going to be starting out with a ten gallon ,i figure i can take water sand and everything from me 180 to get him going,plus compact lights i have my brother making for him....I love seing so many kids into the hobby
Beautifull tanks and keep up the good work

kevin34

My tank was a birthday present and live rock and sand is going to be a christmas present from my parents. Iv gotten all the equipment myself and will be getting all the livestock too.

wangotango

This pic is one of my most recent (February) FTS. Softies are gone, and have been replaced by SPS. A few LPS have been traded, and I cut away all the xenia. Rockwork has been redone three times since this, but looks pretty close to this again (three seperate formations).
-Justin

feixjai

here are pictures of mine. cant compare to any of you. BTW I just started my tank over again so theres nothing too special. Lights just turned on also.