Hitchhiker Identifications

theappe

Originally Posted by zenkick
This specimen is about an inch wide. I found him hanging out at the inlet of my HOT skimmer.
Sally Lightfoot?
I think i have on of these too. I have him in a cup also. I was trying to figure out what the heck he is.

I was also wondering what are these snail. They are good looking so I would like to stick them in my tank but dont know what they are. I got them on rocks on a trip I made to the keys! :notsure:

cjeffrey77

I was told by Bangguy that the really big pretty thing on the back of these zoos is a rock anenome. Just though i'd post the pic for you guys to see & also ask if they are bad to have in the tank.

cjml

Originally Posted by romeofoeve
Worms, i dont have the id for them.
Hello-I have this same worm-did you get an id on it? Thanks!

jdykstra

I got a rock with some green stripe mushrooms and on this rock there are little tentacle looking things, about 1/8-1/4 " in length, they are a llight ivory color with brown stripes. I tried to get a photo of them but they are so tiny there was no way. Anyone have any idea what they could be? It seems as though a few of them are now on the rock I put the mushroom rock on top of. Thanks for any help!
Jennifer

grumpygils

Does any one have a PIC of a flat worm? In my established 30g I have about 10-15 I think. Are they bad for a reef? To me they look like shellless snails which is very possible because I have gobs of snails and a shell boneyard. Also, Joe's Juice = Lemon juice exactly? Which is more effective for Aptasia, Lemon juice or CACO2. I tried syringing CACO2 but it is hard with the retraction factor. Does lemon juice have to be injected into the aptasia or is on top going to cut it?
Thanks,
GG

medicbratt

THE FIRST AND SECOND OF COURSE ARE THE SAME PICTURES THESE BEGAN TO GROW ON OUR ROCK. THE MAROON BUBBLES FIRST. AND THEY HAVE SPREAD THROUGHOUT THIS AND ANOTHER ROCK. THE OTHER SQUARE IS A PICTURE OF THIS ALMOST CLEAR STUFF THAT KINDA BRANCHES OUT OF THE SAME ROCK BUT IS ONLY ON THIS ROCK. THE LAST PICTURE IS A BAD ONE I KNOW AT THE ANGLE AT WHICH THE ROCK IS ITS HARD TO GET A REALLY GOOD PCITURE OF IT . IT IS DESCRIBED AS CLEAR TENTACLES AND THE VERY TIP IS PINK. THEY WAVE IN THE WATER. THIS DOESNT MOVE. BUT SOMETIMES RETRACTS THEM . BUT PRETTY MUCH DOESNT DO MUCH AND IS OUT MOST OF THE TIME. IT CAME ON THE ROCK . JSUT WONDERING WHAT THESE ARE AND IF THER IS ANY CONCERN.
this is my favorite hitchhiker of all sorry its so big

partsman

Originally Posted by murph145
heres what i found munching on the base of my colt coral
some kinda nudibranch not sure what but he was a stow away some how and found a home in my tank....
1st pic is an upclose 2nd is him munchin on my colt
murph,
did you ever i.d. the thing that was " munching on your colt "
i found one just like yours in my tank also effecting my colt .
any info would be a help - should i get rid of it or what ? . i have already removed my colt to my main 120 gallon tank for safety .
thanks
Michael
Covington , la

theappe

I dont know what the heck is in joe's juice but I just used it yesterday and it disintigrated the aptasia instantly! lol. It was pretty cool actually.

partsman

Tritoniopsis Elegans ...........
not a good hitchhiker - eats softies ........
found this lill bugger munching on my colt coral - he's headed for the porcelin throne
not my pic - but better than my kodak will take

partsman

almost amazing , ever since i got rid of that triton all my softies seemed to perk back up again , even the ones that didn't get munched on ......almost as if they could actually sense all was safe again !!!!!!!!!!!
hhhmmmmmmmmmm !!!!
makes one wonder !

auntkaren

1) This is a Cirolanid Isopod..... it's bad GET IT OUT!
2) This is a Stomatella snail, it's beneficial. It has no shell.

alyssia

Originally Posted by partsman
Tritoniopsis Elegans ...........
not a good hitchhiker - eats softies ........
found this lill bugger munching on my colt coral - he's headed for the porcelin throne
not my pic - but better than my kodak will take

Thanks for posting that, I have one of those in my fuge. I will get it out.

twistat420

I have been seeing more of these and do not know what they are. They are growing on my LR in darker areas. They are transparent and seem to have siphons. The siphons close when threatened or light hits them. They are soft and will shrivel up if touched and then open up again. I have one that is a transparent red also. Need to know what they are and if reef safe. If they are NOT reef safe HOW to remove them.
Any questions feel free to ask.
BTW my tank is fairly new 5 months to be exact.
Thanks

alyssia

Originally Posted by stsweene
Is this guy eating my zoos????

I think I might have a couple of those also. Anyone know what they are?