hobby pics

robchuck

Nicky,
Nice job on the swap! I'm a big fan of the Jolf/JTI. It's great to see other dubbers around here. My wife is a VW fan and she had a MkIV 2.slow that was totalled earlier this summer, but she can't wait for the 2 liter turbo in the MkV's.

nicky1.8t

yea thanx guys the swap came out awesome and yes i had to trade hood as well if you want to see more pics i posted them here
http://forums.highspeeddubbin.com/
in the general disscussion you might have to join to see them, thats not a bad thing though its a good site its local for me:D

2jz

nicky, nice! i don't know why i keep on thinking u have an a4 1.8t....that is why i told you that i've never seen the swap but i've seen the golf/jetta swap. looks good!!!

dragracer

wait, eventually I will fingure out how to get the Chevelle up on here. You wanna hear frustrating...........11.004...........THAT close to 10.99. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG

nicky1.8t

tank your seat out and sit on a milkcrate that might get you into the 10s j/k good luck on gettin into the 10s though

mkengr45

you could always give it a little shot of nitrous. or give Reher-Morrison racing engines(RMRE) a call. If you got the bucks, they got the power. I highly recomend the RMRE 555. In a dragster like ours it would run high 7's @ around 170, in a door car definetely 10's and faster. This motor also has a proven history of holding together for many many rounds. super reliable.
Great motor for sportsman and bracket racers.
don't take my word for it, go to their site and check it out.
zoooom zoooom zooom
Randy

nicky1.8t

i went to the track yesterday and blew my clutch on my first pass to roll through the traps at a sweet 24 at 48mph yay
thats going to cost me any where between 800-1000 for a new one now yay

dragracer

nah, I am anti juice. Take out the seat and sit on a crate.......haha its a chevelle not an import......maybe I should take out one headlight and put a big ass spoiler on the back!!

2jz

dragracer - there is an actual purpose for taking off one of the headlight at the strip for MOST racers...its for direct airflow to the filter. usually NA cars do this, but some turbo cars also direct it towards that direction.

wyldgunz

Heres my other hoby .. sprot .. obssesion .. whatever you want to call it .. Painball. A lot of Time went into the customization of this gun on and off the field of play.

dragracer

I know there is a purpose.........but for the car you bring in off the street.....its more work than its worth........pull out a headlight for less that .001 of a second. Hey the chevelle has no headlight.......we made a ram air system. But I'm sorry.......I have a problem with the import punks that come to the track on a friday night......pull their seats and headlights out and walk through the lanes and make fun of my car because I quote"It can't be fast, its heavy". I won 500 bucks because some idiot looked at the chevelle and thought there was no way it was faster than his eclipse(with one headlight)
Turbo cars, and actual fast cars, thats a different story, but Joe Averages import off the street...........give me a break!!

eric4usa

I bought my tank out of the local paper.
The guy that had it just had it in his garage and never had it set up.
I had to build the stand and canopy for it.
He said he got it from a local fish store that went out of business and that they had it made for them.
So it's kind of a custom tank.
I like that it's different and it gives a lot of swimming room for my fish, the back pannels are 6 feet each so that's 12 feet when they swim along the back.
I went from a 55gal to this one, and like all of us, I would like a bigger tank one day ;)

2jz

dragracer - i know exactly what you're talking about. i'm a fan of all cars (that are done with taste) and in no way biased. but i too take my right front headlight off at the tracks to do my runs..everything adds up in my opinion, but i can see where you're coming from. if you're someone whos running a stock civic with a few bolt ons i would see no need for it.

dragracer

Its cool if you know what you're doing. Sometimes I just get to venting because the imports at Maple Grove give all you guys a bad name.........if you couldn't tell......sometimes I tend to be closedminded!

nicky1.8t

2jz im not sure on the clutch yet i am deffently upgrading it though because i have a turbo upgrade in my future so if it cant hold up to barly modded specs theres no way it will hold up to a new turbo. and drag racer i hear you on that one its kids like that who give people with nice imports a bad name. they assume because they have 10 type r stickers on there car its fast . on the pass i made that i blew my clutch on i still almost won thats when you know your car is a joke when ur custom flame graphics and fart pipe cant keep up with a broken car not even making a half pass.

chevman3171

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
fart pipe

Now that's a good one!! :D
Now I am definately a weird breed when it comes to cars - I love anything and everything with over 300 horses. Even some with less. I hear the SRT-4 hauls.... :confused: And a friend of mine has a 1986 Shelby Charger 2.2T that absolutely cooks. He also has traction issues. I like my dad's newer toys - an old guy with Alzheimers blows a stop sign and my dad ends up totaling his 96 Impala SS, so he goes and gets another SS (Silverado tho) and a Z06! 406 horses just makes me drool.... I bet I could still dump another 50K in the Z06 though - Twin Turbo kit from Callaway...... oooooooo Sorry, gotta go get some paper towels!
AND THEN I look in MY parking spot to what I drive normally..... :rolleyes: Here he is, in all his glory (ps - not stock, not telling):D
awwww.... can't see the sexy new exhaust..... and YES, I frequent Taco Bell. I am a SPICE UP THE NIGHT CLUB Founding Member! :D:D