Holy Crap, Holy Crap, Holy Crap!!!!!!

t316

Originally Posted by lovethesea
http:///forum/post/3064099
they look ALIKE!!! %%

formula=child abuse..............

both my kids were formula and they are healthier than my neice and nephew who were both bre-st fed for 2 plus years. Those 2 kids have more sickness/illness/whatever it is crazy.

They look nothing alike to me...

They are both beautiful, but when I first saw the pics, the one on the left yelled out "SPIDERWOMAN" ...

*edit...They are twins, so yes, there are many things about them that appear "alike", but I see many differences.

alyssia

Originally Posted by lovethesea
http:///forum/post/3064099
they look ALIKE!!!

formula=child abuse..............

both my kids were formula and they are healthier than my neice and nephew who were both bre-st fed for 2 plus years. Those 2 kids have more sickness/illness/whatever it is crazy.

Same here. All 4 of my kids were formula fed, all 4 of my friend's kids were

[hr]
fed exclusively for a year, and her kids were sick (and still are) all the time. My first 3 didn't have a single illness the first year, and my 13 month old has been sick twice. Both of us are stay at home moms...it's not as if her kids were going to a babysitter/daycare and being exposed to illness all the time.

scotts

Spidey, what BEAUTIFUL kids!!!! They look just like their mother!
Dragon, Congrats man!! You are about to start the most fun and most challenging part of your life. The rewards are incredible!
Dwight, it has always cracked me up when people say, look at the kid. Now do you mean the left in the picture or the left as they are standing? Just like when I was running the facility department and people would call and say turn up the airconditioner. I would always ask do you want it warmer or colder?

t316

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/3064250
Spidey, what BEAUTIFUL kids!!!! They look just like their mother!
Dragon, Congrats man!! You are about to start the most fun and most challenging part of your life. The rewards are incredible!
Dwight, it has always cracked me up when people say, look at the kid. Now do you mean the left in the picture or the left as they are standing? Just like when I was running the facility department and people would call and say turn up the airconditioner. I would always ask do you want it warmer or colder?
They both look like her, but the one on the left (as we are looking at the pics) looks more like Spidey to me...I think it's the smile/grin.

nina&noah

Spidey, your kids are beautiful!
I probably overreacted a little about the breastfeeding thing, but I get defensive. It is like our society thinks that people who choose to breastfeed are the "freaky people," and I just don't get it. I still don't agree with the advice to give formula after 24 hours to a full term baby, but that is my opinion. I went through alot of criticism especially in the beginning because of my decision to breastfeed. My baby had trouble learning to eat, and he was Jaundice. I wouldn't give in though. Then towards the end people started asking "how long are you really going to do this?" It was hard on me and I guess I freaked out over the hippie comment. I'm going to have to learn to step away from the computer and come back later and write responses. Atleast until my hormones adjust!
Poor Dragon, look what I did to your thread!

spiderwoman

OK now that we've dissected my looks, let's get back to the original topic

DZ, does your wife work? Depending on how her pregnancy go, she may be put on moderate bed rest around early 30 weeks. Some twin pregnancies go through just fine, but quite a large percentage is put to bed rest due to contractions etc. I was on bed rest from 28-29 weeks on due to heavy contractions which were not braxton hicks contractions.
Stock on:
- diapers
- burb cloths (I used cloth diapers for that)
- have formula as back up (you don't want to be in a position that you get stressed out by not having enough milk)
- I'd have a good

[hr]
pump handy, if latching issues occur (we had that problem)
- You can start with just one crib and have them share
Those to start with :)

dragonzim

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/3064413
OK now that we've dissected my looks, let's get back to the original topic

DZ, does your wife work? Depending on how her pregnancy go, she may be put on moderate bed rest around early 30 weeks. Some twin pregnancies go through just fine, but quite a large percentage is put to bed rest due to contractions etc. I was on bed rest from 28-29 weeks on due to heavy contractions which were not braxton hicks contractions.
Stock on:
- diapers
- burb cloths (I used cloth diapers for that)
- have formula as back up (you don't want to be in a position that you get stressed out by not having enough milk)
- I'd have a good

[hr]
pump handy, if latching issues occur (we had that problem)
- You can start with just one crib and have them share
Those to start with :)
She does work and makes almost double what I do to boot so we're not sure how we're gonna handle things yet if we can't get affordable day care. We are already planning on starting to stock up on diapers immediately just so we have a stockpile of them for when the time comes. My sister is giving us a pump, I know she has a good one so that'll be one less thing we need to worry about buying. Already planning on starting them off in the same crib but will be buying 2 anyway just so we are sure we can get matching ones.

alyssia

Originally Posted by nina&noah
http:///forum/post/3064410
Spidey, your kids are beautiful!
I probably overreacted a little about the breastfeeding thing, but I get defensive. It is like our society thinks that people who choose to breastfeed are the "freaky people," and I just don't get it. I still don't agree with the advice to give formula after 24 hours to a full term baby, but that is my opinion. I went through alot of criticism especially in the beginning because of my decision to breastfeed. My baby had trouble learning to eat, and he was Jaundice. I wouldn't give in though. Then towards the end people started asking "how long are you really going to do this?" It was hard on me and I guess I freaked out over the hippie comment. I'm going to have to learn to step away from the computer and come back later and write responses. Atleast until my hormones adjust!
Poor Dragon, look what I did to your thread!

I don't think breastfeeding is "freaky" at all! I just didn't choose to do it ;)

meowzer

Originally Posted by alyssia
http:///forum/post/3064443
I don't think breastfeeding is "freaky" at all! I just didn't choose to do it ;)
LOL...What's freaky is when you go to a neighbors and the 3,4,and 5 year olds are still breastfeeding

t316

I don't think breastfeeding is freaky either. What's freaky are the looks I get from a mom breastfeeding while I'm looking as hard as I can. I mean, if you are going to do it in public, why can't I see too

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/3064419
She does work and makes almost double what I do to boot so we're not sure how we're gonna handle things yet if we can't get affordable day care. We are already planning on starting to stock up on diapers immediately just so we have a stockpile of them for when the time comes. My sister is giving us a pump, I know she has a good one so that'll be one less thing we need to worry about buying. Already planning on starting them off in the same crib but will be buying 2 anyway just so we are sure we can get matching ones.
Look into getting a nanny. If you want to PM me, I can get you a list of sites to search for nannies. We had a nanny since the girls were 8 weeks old until they turned 1. At that point they went to day care. The first year of day care is the most expensive and can easily run $170+/week/child depending on how many stars the facility has.

nina&noah

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/3064457
I don't think breastfeeding is freaky either. What's freaky are the looks I get from a mom breastfeeding while I'm looking as hard as I can. I mean, if you are going to do it in public, why can't I see too %%

That made me smile. I was always very private about it. If I had to feed in public it would be hidden like in a fitting room or usually my car. I was actually thinking about how much harder it was going to be this time with a toddler following me around. I don't think an almost 3 year old is going to be very patient about sitting in fitting rooms and in the car for 20-30 minutes at a time.
Dragon if you are getting a used pump, don't forget to register for new accessories. Many people don't realize that you should replace them between every child. The pump will lose suction if you don't replace some of the little attachments, and the shields should be replaced for sanitary reasons.
I'm sure you guys are going to have a baby shower... right? You have plenty of time to gather your supplies.
For now, just enjoy watching the little bundles grow. Don't stress out about the details. Is your wife sick at all? She is a little farther along than me, but I am horribly sick. I would imagine with twins it would be even worse

dragonzim

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/3064475
Look into getting a nanny. If you want to PM me, I can get you a list of sites to search for nannies. We had a nanny since the girls were 8 weeks old until they turned 1. At that point they went to day care. The first year of day care is the most expensive and can easily run $170+/week/child depending on how many stars the facility has.
We have a few options so far. My mom can do 2 days a week and a good friend of mine has an aunt that watches kids in her house. She told us a while back that she was waiting for the next generation from me and my friends. Just not sure if she's ready for 2 of them at once! If worst comes to worst I can pretty much pay my mom to quit her job if she'd want and it would still be cheaper than day care!
$170 a week per child is actually a lot cheaper than what I am hearing around here. People have told me that in my area, for infants, that you can expect to pay between $1000-$1200 a month PER CHILD!
Originally Posted by nina&noah

http:///forum/post/3064484

Dragon if you are getting a used pump, don't forget to register for new accessories. Many people don't realize that you should replace them between every child. The pump will lose suction if you don't replace some of the little attachments, and the shields should be replaced for sanitary reasons.
I'm sure you guys are going to have a baby shower... right? You have plenty of time to gather your supplies.
For now, just enjoy watching the little bundles grow. Don't stress out about the details. Is your wife sick at all? She is a little farther along than me, but I am horribly sick. I would imagine with twins it would be even worse %%
Definitely going to have a baby shower. My parents and some of their friends have already asked us about where we are going to register. My wife and I are going to start looking at stuff this week. Been doing some research today on double strollers and car seats...

dragonzim

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3064445
LOL...What's freaky is when you go to a neighbors and the 3,4,and 5 year olds are still breastfeeding

That is WAY freaky! When the kid is old enough to ask for the boob its time to stop!!

dragonzim

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3064606
Or when they start getting in line

LOL!
Kind of an opposite situation here... I have a good friend that had a baby girl last year. The first time my wife and I got to see her was when she was about 2-3 weeks old. We went over their house and saw that they had already pierced the baby's ears! After we left we kinda looked at each other in shock and said that when we have kids there would be no thoughts whatsoever of piercing ears till they were old enough to ask for it and even then, that would only be the start of thinking about it, not actually doing it!

meowzer

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/3064623
LOL!
Kind of an opposite situation here... I have a good friend that had a baby girl last year. The first time my wife and I got to see her was when she was about 2-3 weeks old. We went over their house and saw that they had already pierced the baby's ears! After we left we kinda looked at each other in shock and said that when we have kids there would be no thoughts whatsoever of piercing ears till they were old enough to ask for it and even then, that would only be the start of thinking about it, not actually doing it!
You would be surprised how many people pierce their babies ears that young....I know I was...I never pierced my girls ears until they were in elementary school....old enough to know not to pull on them.,