How addicted are you?

whitey_028

I started with a 55 gallon, went to 185 gallon, and a 24 gallon aquapod for office. I always find some thing to do with every tank and enjoy every bit of it(Water changes suck). Is there any other addicts out there like myself or am i the only insane person here?

scoot

i would believe ost of us on here are like that lol im always doin stuff with my tanks(125,55,30,20,10x2)

sharkbait9

yeah, yeah most people who get in this hobby are addicted. I'm like a crack head always scratching for somthing new, tanks, fish, coral, lights, rock, you name it if its saltwater....... i need a fix
:help:

dbgator1

I am never satisfied there always seems to be something that i need or want. All the different corals and cool fish it is an awesome hobby. It does cost alot but i enjoy it as i am sure you guys and gals do also so it is worth every penny. I went from a 55 to a 150 and love it, i also wanna set up a seahorse tank and maybe the 55 again lol but room is an issue for me. I gotta work on that

aeval

Oh My Gosh, this explains so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought mine was the only house going through all these changes! Keith has become so obsessed! We have tanks all over the house, huge plans constantly for what he is doing next, and now he works so many hours just to cover his expenses in this hobby he hardly has time to actually enjoy the tanks... He's exactly like a crackhead looking for his next fix! I like fishtanks, and I love saltwater but good gracious, he's something else!
We started with a little domino that we rescued, then a trio of rescued cinnamon clowns in another tank, then his 75 got changed to salt, then he started on corals, then he got me a 46? bow, and turned it to salt, then he wanted a 2.5 gallon, now he's bought this 125, and has huge plans for it... Clams and all...
I keep asking him when he will be satisfied... He tells me when he has a 1000 gallon tank he might
be satisfied...

I am so glad he found something he enjoys, but goodness I feel overwhelmed sometimes!

whitey_028

Originally Posted by Aeval
Oh My Gosh, this explains so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought mine was the only house going through all these changes! Keith has become so obsessed! We have tanks all over the house, huge plans constantly for what he is doing next, and now he works so many hours just to cover his expenses in this hobby he hardly has time to actually enjoy the tanks... He's exactly like a crackhead looking for his next fix! I like fishtanks, and I love saltwater but good gracious, he's something else!
We started with a little domino that we rescued, then a trio of rescued cinnamon clowns in another tank, then his 75 got changed to salt, then he started on corals, then he got me a 46? bow, and turned it to salt, then he wanted a 2.5 gallon, now he's bought this 125, and has huge plans for it... Clams and all...
I keep asking him when he will be satisfied... He tells me when he has a 1000 gallon tank he might
be satisfied...

I am so glad he found something he enjoys, but goodness I feel overwhelmed sometimes!
Im sure my wife feels the same and us men truely are thankful of the women that support our hobbies... could be worse.

sharkbait9

We started with a little domino that we rescued, then a trio of rescued cinnamon clowns in another tank
That my friend was the first hit off the pipe

The addiction only gets worse

misfit

Completely addicted, You know its bad when my husband and I get a baby sitter ,so we can go out for a nice dinner and at dinner we decide to leave and go to an LFS!!!!!!!Even when we go away ,we have to check out LFS's in different towns.Birthday, christmas, anniversary etc. are all fish or coral related gifts.Our tanks are 210. 125, 40, and 5 gal.At one point we had 7 tanks but with 3 kids it was a bit much to take care of.It only gets worse thoughbut we LOVE IT :happyfish

keith burn

be satisfied...

This is keith i resemble that.
(ps) a 850gal will be ok
love you E

triga22

Saltwater fish is a very addicting hobby.. Its imposiable to complete a tank.. You can always do more get more buy more add more Holy Crap its unstopiable!! I have a 29 n if i wont the lottery id buy a ware house and make a million gallon tank.. !

nigerbang

I have a 29, and a 120. My house is curently being built I had the fire place in a split wall seperating a sitting room and the master bedroom....I am having a 450 installed where the fire place was supposed to be..Steel Braced to support the weight....Im Ansley and I'm an addict

dragonboy

Hahaha Yeah I even think about wanting to own my own fish store to make some money out of my addiction. But I want to partner with someone which I haven't really had a chance to get into. At least it something for else to do other sitting around doing nothing.

wattsupdoc

Addicted??? I'm not an addict! I'm just ummmm :notsure: Why are all you people here anyway? What??? What's an intervention? Cant I have a cup of salt first? OK< OK just pass me the salt shacker then. Jacket? I'm not wearin that stupid jacket. :scared:

my way

Originally Posted by SteelGluer
So badd a freind and I opened up our own LFS.
Where is it in relation to the Delware Water Gap?