How addicted are you?

tank watch

addicted? try feeding two habits. My wife is as bad as I am. Moved from a 55 to 180 and running out of space in the 180gal.
I quit smoking this week so now I have about $20+ dollars a week to save for the monster tank.

unleashed

you know your addicted when you replace your big screen tv and living room furniture with another fish tank lol..these are all the tanks i have put up in my house in the last 5 yrs(total of this hobby) that i have pics of this may take a min to put up bare with me lol

unleashed

mother day gift from hubby 2003, 120 reef sold this past feb
the sump to this tank was my bday present same yr

unleashed

next was 90 gal just cus it was a nice tank also put up in 2003 i cant remember no longer have this one either(sold 2005)
then 100 gal i had set up for just a few months took down 2005(sold)
also 75 gal (sold)2005
all tanks listed here and above were all set up at the same time in my home and slowly weened out

unleashed

i eventually made it down to just 2 tanks as of jan of this yr my 125 origanal tank(i dont think i can ever part with) and nd took all tank inhabitants from all other tanks listed above and stocked this tank
300 gal

unleashed

i thought i was done but here we go again i now have these tanks also set up
90 gal tess tank
150 reef with 125 refuge
+ 20 gal fw
10 gal macro tank for pod growth
and 50 gal med tank
just picked up another 29 gal
total number of tanks i have up and running at this present time 7
na im not addicted

but when hubby replaces buying you diamonds and gold for fish and tank equipment for holiday gift ..whos addicted then ? :thinking:

grumpygils

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
yeah, yeah most people who get in this hobby are addicted. I'm like a crack head always scratching for somthing new, tanks, fish, coral, lights, rock, you name it if its saltwater....... i need a fix
:help:
I started exactly a year ago. Since then I have had
2 X 10g
1 X20 G
1 X 29G
1 X 44 Pentagon
1 X 92 COrner
1 X 54G COrner
10 sets of lights
5 protein skimmers
dozens of power heads
50-100 peices of coral
30+ fish
100+ trips to the LFs's
Few PICs attached
Just started the corner 54. First PIC is the 92, then 54, then 20

unleashed

Originally Posted by rara12
whats that silver fish in your agressive tank??? it kinda looks like a scat but im not sure
yes thats ones of the first fish i ever baught a silver scat i have had him for 5 yrs in this tank he was about 3-4 inches then now at 10

dragonboy

I'm running out of room I need a 180 gallon tank anyone got a tank they don't need anymore hehehehe...... I"m not afraid to admit I'm addicted we all are addicted to something one time or another hehehe...

fishgeek01

Originally Posted by lpuzon
You know when you're an addict when:
10. You always surf the internet for something that you might need.
9. You're on the message board 24/7.

8. You watch at your tank longer than you look at your wife.

7. You think "why have an HDTV when i have my REEF?" ahhahaha

6. You were just at the LFS yesterday, and found yourself being there again TODAY! :notsure:
5. You look at your tank and say, "Wow! That's my $2000 tank!" :scared:
4. You found yourself always sleeping beside the aquarium.
3. Your bank statement is ready to swim with your fishes! :happyfish
1. YOUR NEVER TO BUY AGAIN DOESN'T REALLY HAPPEN!!!!!

Now, i left #2 so everybody can put their own confession on the stand!!! CHEERS! :cheer:
MY WIFE COMPLAINS ABOUT NUMBER 8 ALL THE TIME... I'M JAY AND I AM AN ADDICT.... WENT FROM FRESH TO SALT AFTER I HAD BRED EVERY CONCEVABLE FRESH WATER FISH I NEEDED A NEW CHALLENGE, NOW IM HOOKED

S

saltfreak4

I can't seem to stop thinking about the fish, the tank, the filter, the sump, good bugs, bad bugs, what to feed, when to feed. I am having dreams at night for plans to build a tank from arcrylic. I can't seem to feed my children, or clean my house. I need help, can I get a sponser?

use dgs

Originally Posted by whitey_028
I started with a 55 gallon, went to 185 gallon, and a 24 gallon aquapod for office. I always find some thing to do with every tank and enjoy every bit of it(Water changes suck). Is there any other addicts out there like myself or am i the only insane person here?

i love the hobby. like maybe a week outa 9 weeks i will almost forget about my tank, but then i just go right back. once i get a more solid job, ima get like 150 gal reef tank and blow alllllloooottta money. As far as water changes go, i kinda like them just cause i know its prob the best thing you can do for your tank. i dont care what anyone says, i think frequent water changes are the best thing for any type of tank. they arent a PITA like alota people say, just add water and salt into a bin with a pump...............gotta love it

richarl5

I am so addicted: I am on SWF.com pretty much every day/hour of that day...(it feels like sometimes..)
I am constantly staring at my tank and always wanting to visit the LFS to see if they have any good frags!