How 'bout them Pats.....where you at bjoe23?

aquaknight

Was it just me, or did you guys have trouble driving home after the game last night? There was debris everywhere, must of been people falling off New England's bangwagon.....

S

sexyshrimp101

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/2456161
I can't stand Bilechik (sp?), but what was classless about what he did? they ran the clock off to 0:00, he went to mid-field and had a lengthy handshake with Coughlin. then, they put a meaningless 1 second back on the clock after almost the entire NE team was headed for the locker room. it's almost like they did it to rub his face in it. if I were him, I'd have done the same thing.
I must say I agree with this comment. Everyone
thought the game was done, and Bill B. did go and congradulate Coughlin and whatnot. I think him going to the locker room was simply him thinking the game was done, as did both teams...

sigmachris

Originally Posted by sexyshrimp101
http:///forum/post/2456493
I must say I agree with this comment. Everyone
thought the game was done, and Bill B. did go and congradulate Coughlin and whatnot. I think him going to the locker room was simply him thinking the game was done, as did both teams...
No Coughlink and Bellichek were shaking hands, and to Bellichek's credit he even initiated the hug. But the ref came up to both of them during the hug and informed them to get their teams on the field for one last play. Bellichek knew that game wasn't over!

pontius

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
http:///forum/post/2456509
No Coughlink and Bellichek were shaking hands, and to Bellichek's credit he even initiated the hug. But the ref came up to both of them during the hug and informed them to get their teams on the field for one last play. Bellichek knew that game wasn't over!
no, the classless ones were the ones who decided to put another second on the clock for no reason other than to rub the Patriots' noses in it. I think going to the locker room was one thing that he did right.

sigmachris

There was something weird with the clock. As the second to last play finished (the kneel down being the last play) the clock kept flickering back and forth from 2-1-0 to 0-1-2, it did this about 6 times in the span of 2 seconds. There was clearly at least 2 seconds on the clock and rightfully so there needed to be a kneel down. You never know there could have been a fumble, no matter how far fetched a fumble would be they need to finish the game properly.

jtrzerocool

I will admit that i was one of the people that Nano Reefer was talking about...i seriously doubted the New York from the begining...but after a seriously boring game(until the 4th Quarter) i want to congradulate them on stopping all the pats fans...i didnt even for a second put the pats to lose this game...but congratz to New York...

jtrzerocool

http:///forum/post/2456524
There was something weird with the clock. As the second to last play finished (the kneel down being the last play) the clock kept flickering back and forth from 2-1-0 to 0-1-2, it did this about 6 times in the span of 2 seconds. There was clearly at least 2 seconds on the clock and rightfully so there needed to be a kneel down. You never know there could have been a fumble, no matter how far fetched a fumble would be they need to finish the game properly.

that is exactly the point of playing out the last seconds of the game and that is why the league requires them to play all of the clock...you never know what might happen...

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/2456524
Indeed, you have finish a game correctly. By my count, it looked like it was incomplete to Moss (I think) with around 4 secs to go, will have to review it myself on the DVR tonight. Plenty of time for something to happen.
It wasn't just that Belichick left the field, the way he was conducting himself afterward as well. The way he cut Chris Myers questions off, only to answer with a yea, sorta or not really. You really could write jerk or some other inappropiate term on his forehead and not be able to tell. Look at the way Brady carried himself afterward, that's class, Belichick has nothing of the like....

pontius

1. has there ever been any NFL game that changed due to a fumble in the "victory formation"? I say not. that should have been up to Bilichek to decide if he wanted to play it or not. clearly, he didn't.
2. I agree that there were 2 seconds on the clock after the incompletion. but they told both teams the game was over. so if the Patriots weren't pressing for one final play, then what purpose did it serve other than to force them to gather themselves up for one more play?
3. I also agree that Bilichek is a jerk, I just don't agree that THIS made him a jerk. a lot of coaches just go slap the other coach's hand and that's the end of it. Bilichek actually went out, shook Coughlin's hand, and spoke to him for about 10 seconds. that's what matters. I don't care how he treated the reporter. if I'd just lost a close Superbowl game, I wouldn't want a reporter sticking a camera in my face either.

crashbandicoot

http:///forum/post/2456577
1. has there ever been any NFL game that changed due to a fumble in the "victory formation"? I say not. that should have been up to Bilichek to decide if he wanted to play it or not. clearly, he didn't.
2. I agree that there were 2 seconds on the clock after the incompletion. but they told both teams the game was over. so if the Patriots weren't pressing for one final play, then what purpose did it serve other than to force them to gather themselves up for one more play?
3. I also agree that Bilichek is a jerk, I just don't agree that THIS made him a jerk. a lot of coaches just go slap the other coach's hand and that's the end of it. Bilichek actually went out, shook Coughlin's hand, and spoke to him for about 10 seconds. that's what matters. I don't care how he treated the reporter. if I'd just lost a close Superbowl game, I wouldn't want a reporter sticking a camera in my face either.

But had for some reason the pats pulled of a fumble return for a touchdown OMG everybody would sing the praise . . . 2 seconds or 20 seconds there is still time on the clock and the game is still in play . . . Its call a PRO leauge for a reason they are supposed to be profesional . So they need to SUCK IT up and go back out there for the final play . Grown adults men who make millions of dollar need to act like men not little boys that run home and cry when they get beat up .

wangotango

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2456628
But had for some reason the pats pulled of a fumble return for a touchdown OMG everybody would sing the praise . . . 2 seconds or 20 seconds there is still time on the clock and the game is still in play . . . Its call a PRO leauge for a reason they are supposed to be profesional . So they need to SUCK IT up and go back out there for the final play . Grown adults men who make millions of dollar need to act like men not little boys that run home and cry when they get beat up .

Well put. Whether there was time to play or not, Bellichek could have acted like an adult.
The Giants' defense was great; Justin Tuck took Brady down a lot and I never got tired of seeing that.
Half-time show was good too, but not too impressed with the commercials this year.
-Justin

crashbandicoot

The glam of the super bolw comercials seams to have lost some of its pizzaz it seamed like they used to save the best comercials for the bowl . but the last few years they ahave been a little less . My girlfriend commented on the half time show said it seamed like it used to be more energetic and 4 songs by tom petty and the heartbreakers was good but not exactly the motivating half time show it could have been .

sigmachris

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2456628
Well said Crash

pontius

where is the dissing of the officials for telling them the game was over when it was not? if they were originally told that there were 2 seconds left and he went off to the lockeroom, it would be totally different. but they were told the game was over and they met at mid-field and congratulated each other, etc. making them come back out of the lockeroom for a meaningless 1 second play was just to add insult to injury.

crashbandicoot

Which offical said it was ok ? I believe the field was just rushed. And who did they make come back out of the tunnel to play that last play . Becasue if they were already heading down the tunnel in the few minutes that everybody was out on the field and then hurried off to play the last snap then again poor sportsman ship on their part . While you ADD INSULT TO INJURY line sounds great . Again adults that make millions to play a game need to play the game . Not all but the last seconds which are beneith their looser selves to bother to man up to their loss.
POOR SPORTSMANSHIP! ! !

tx reef

http:///forum/post/2456933
where is the dissing of the officials for telling them the game was over when it was not? if they were originally told that there were 2 seconds left and he went off to the lockeroom, it would be totally different. but they were told the game was over and they met at mid-field and congratulated each other, etc. making them come back out of the lockeroom for a meaningless 1 second play was just to add insult to injury.
You should re-watch the end of the game. The officials were trying to get Coughlin and Bellichick back to the sidelines before they ever made it to eachother. Tom was going to walk back to the sidelines, but didn't since BB was still walking towards him. Bill ignored the officials and did what he wanted......

ruaround

why are you defending a sore loser??? he bolted before the game was over... every sports analyst is saying how unprofessional he was... it wasnt insult to injury... its called finishing the game... you should rewatch the ending... i dont know where you got the idea that the game was over...

tx reef

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejoe23...................where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu