"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon," said our president.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

This is a picture that was posted on twitter under an account for SLIMM@No_LIMIT_NIGGA, aka Trayvon Martin, as being posted on many Internet sites.
I wonder if the guy who writes Obama's speeches does any prior research?
If only the mainstream media didn't have to compete with the Internet. LOL
Mind you, what happened was a tragedy no question, no doubt. However, there seems more to this story then what is being generally reported. One thing that is not being generally reported is that an eye witness says that he saw what happened, and that the one screaming "help me" on the 911 tape is Zimmerman, not Trayvon. Further, the eye-witness says that Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating on him. This was reported to the police which may account for why the police did not arrest Zimmerman.
It is utterly amazing all the race-baiting going on before this matter is even investigated thoroughly. Thanks media!

tangs rule

Our dear leader should either stay the f*^# out of the issue OR attempt to calm what has become 24/7 media blitz/hyperventalating and bating for race riots. I know media video of a quiet meadow with birds chirping in the background does'nt draw TV viewers & ratings quite like race riots/burning homes&busniness/flipped over cars smoldering in the streets can, but IS the further loss of LIFE - HOMES - PROPERTY really worth it? Obviously the perverts that RUN the media in this country think so.....maybe some video of people shooting each other in the street will really boost ratings.
Besides NONE of us (or media types) know WHAT happened that night a month ago today - and isn't that the puropse of the justice system? So the shooter isn't crucified yet - it doesn't mean he won't be found guilty of murder and goto prison eventually..
BUT the media will do it's best to whip this into a more devastating and ratings grabbing situation at the cost of more loss of life if needed - - - - and they should all burn in hell for it. It's a terrible thing that HAS happened - and it cannot be undone.....but trolling for more ratings by keeping the whole thing whipped into a froth is really disgusting. . And a "president" who lacks the ball$ to even attempt to calm the situation is even more sick. Hope he has a nice Asian trip!!

bigarn

Obama's an A-hole and he just keeps on proving it. This case may be a tragedy but the truth will come out and it's looking like Treyvon was no saint!

mantisman51

Wow the hatred and bile on Facebook and Twitter has got crazy out of control. Glad I'm in a Hispanic area, because the kindling is tinder dry and the slightest spark is going to set the house on fire. I think race-baiters have some black folks ready to explode. Thank God I am out in the desert. I merely mentioned 3 witnesses said Zimmerman was screaming for help and a 13 y/o boy said he saw what happened and backed Zimmerman's story so we all need to back down and let the legal system work, and have got several death threats PM'd. Time to lock down my FB.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-treyvon-said-our-president#post_3466967
Wow the hatred and bile on Facebook and Twitter has got crazy out of control. Glad I'm in a Hispanic area, because the kindling is tinder dry and the slightest spark is going to set the house on fire. I think race-baiters have some black folks ready to explode. Thank God I am out in the desert. I merely mentioned 3 witnesses said Zimmerman was screaming for help and a 13 y/o boy said he saw what happened and backed Zimmerman's story so we all need to back down and let the legal system work, and have got several death threats PM'd. Time to lock down my FB.
Perhaps you should quote Obama's call for civility....

reefraff

I have a friend who is an 0bamite that is convinced the guy is guilty. He, like Al, Jesse and the rest of the race hustlers don't comprehend the concept of evidence. Zimmerman claims he was jumped on the way back to his truck. Unless someone saw Barney Fife start the physical altercation with the kid he is going to walk. If you can't handle a 17 year old without shooting him you might want to reconsider being a watch captain but that doesn't mean you should go to jail.

jerthunter

Well he does look like he could have been related to Obama, and no, it not just because of his skin pigment. I guess I don't see any issue with saying someone looks like their hypothetical son. I bet there are people who look like they are related to me and there is a good chance I disagree with them on many things but I might still point out the physical resemblance. I must have missed the part where Obama said the kid was totally innocent and the shooter was at fault.
Of course as reefraff mentioned, if you can't deal with an unarmed 17 kid without using a gun, then maybe you should stay in your truck and let the professionals handle it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Obama is the president of the US. Why does he insert himself into these media friezed events in the form of commentaries and personal phone calls, if not to advance himself during an election year?
Obama's implication was that Trayvon was a nice upstanding all American black teenager--someone who would look like his son. As more info unfolds, it is clear that Trayvon did not present himself in social media in that way. Also, he was under suspension from school after residual marijuana had been found on him. And that was not his first suspension. It is funny that a kid who has some serious problems in school and sports a gold grid, various tattoos, and doesn't mind the liberal use of the "N" word would be someone who the president feels would look like his son. LOL
Obama, look and think before you leap.
America, lets get all the facts in before making judgments about what happened. It is horrible that this young man is dead. However, lynch mob mentality and actions was supposed to have ended with the civil rights movement, right? This country's laws guarantees "due process". So, let it happen.

mantisman51

I guess FB intervened. I didn't complain, but all the threatening PM's quit. Either that or the haters got bored with no response from me. I think the response I got was exactly what the victim pimps and media whores were wanting from black people. They saw an opportunity to whip a small percentage of blacks into a frenzy and were wanting another Rodney King riot. For the victim pimps, Jackson and Sharpton, it was to re-establish their importance. For the media whores it wasn't just to get ratings, but to scare non-black voters; "this is what will happen if Obama isn't re-elected". The media lost all pretense of objectivity during the first Bush II election and have and are actively working every political story for Obama's benefit. They are inflaming the fear blacks have of an unjust legal system and the fear whites have of the stereotypical "violent blacks". What I have witnessed the national news media do to whip up racial mistrust and hatred has shocked me-and I thought I was too cynical to ever be shocked again. Overt racism is new, even for the ultra-left national news media. But this one case is just a small taste of the depths the national media is going to go to get Obama re-elected. Look for more manufactured racial incidents between now and the election. They are just warming up with this case.

jerthunter

First, Obama is a politician so of course he is going to be political, even more so in an election year. This isn't something new that Obama invented, politicians WANT to get elected, it is their job to get elected. So complaining about a politician being political is absurd.
Second, Teenagers are geneally known for being smart when it comes to the internet, If that picture is the worst this kid had out there I would say he is doing better then most. Maybe he made a stupid mistake and got in a fight with someone that was following him as the shooter claims, that doesn't seem like it is that unusual for a teenage boy. If every teenager who ever picked a fight or threw a punch got shot we would have a lot less men in the world.
I beleve that more facts will arise, I read today that three witnesses claim the police changed their testamony... but I do not believe we would be getting any of the facts without the media uproar since it was basically considered a closed case of self defense before this happened.
So I agree we should let the system work but it doesn't seem like too much to ask that a better investigation take place.

jerthunter

I guess FB intervened. I didn't complain, but all the threatening PM's quit. Either that or the haters got bored with no response from me. I think the response I got was exactly what the victim pimps and media whores were wanting from black people. They saw an opportunity to whip a small percentage of blacks into a frenzy and were wanting another Rodney King riot. For the victim pimps, Jackson and Sharpton, it was to re-establish their importance. For the media whores it wasn't just to get ratings, but to scare non-black voters; "this is what will happen if Obama isn't re-elected". The media lost all pretense of objectivity during the first Bush II election and have and are actively working every political story for Obama's benefit. They are inflaming the fear blacks have of an unjust legal system and the fear whites have of the stereotypical "violent blacks". What I have witnessed the national news media do to whip up racial mistrust and hatred has shocked me-and I thought I was too cynical to ever be shocked again. Overt racism is new, even for the ultra-left national news media. But this one case is just a small taste of the depths the national media is going to go to get Obama re-elected. Look for more manufactured racial incidents between now and the election. They are just warming up with this case.
Darn that lamestream media!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I hadn't really heard that the investigation had been closed out prior to the uproar on this case? I guess I was wrong about that?
Whatever Trayvon had on facebook or social media, I am not at all saying that diminishes the circumstances of his death. My point was regarding Obama using this occasion, and other such media events, to wring out of as much as he can from it. The media has done some reprehensible coverage on this, including posting angelic pictures of Trayvon when he was 12 or 13 and doctoring up his photo to make him look like an angel visiting earth-- all to stir up racial tensions in this country and make headlines.
Disgusting.

jerthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-treyvon-said-our-president#post_3467107
Can you please speak with substance about what you disagree with what I wrote, rather than the inelegant regurgitation of bumper sticker slogans? Come on, I know you can if you try.
It sounds like you answered your own question. Can I? According to you know I can if I try.
But personally I doubt I can talk with any substance with you regarding what you wrote as it appears to be a simple regurgitation of what you heard on Fox and Friends. (All media is evil except Fox so watch Fox and we'll tell you the truth)

jerthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-treyvon-said-our-president#post_3467108
I hadn't really heard that the investigation had been closed out prior to the uproar on this case? I guess I was wrong about that?
Whatever Trayvon had on facebook or social media, I am not at all saying that diminishes the circumstances of his death. My point was regarding Obama using this occasion, and other such media events, to wring out of as much as he can from it. The media has done some reprehensible coverage on this, including posting angelic pictures of Trayvon when he was 12 or 13 and doctoring up his photo to make him look like an angel visiting earth-- all to stir up racial tensions in this country and make headlines.
Disgusting.
I'm not sure of the specifics, but based on what I heard and read (so it is potentially slanted) the shooting was determined to be in self defense, whether that was a final book slammed case closed or not, I do not know. But is seems like prior to the media coverage of this there was no indication of any further investigating going on.
I do think it is unsual, the pictures of the two individuals that are generally displayed, but I think photos of victims are usually supplied by family members. I know if someone I loved was killed, I'd want to portray them in the best light.

mantisman51

I haven't watched Fox news for 3 days. I have been using NBC/ABC/CBS/NPR with 2 stories on Fox news online. I have not read anything I wrote about in the 2 stories I saw on Fox. They were nut and bolt discussions about who saw what and what the political figures are saying. I guess I was wrong. You can't see past rhetoric.

mantisman51

I don't blame you for not even trying to write anything substantive. It is quite apparent it is beyond your abilities. MSNBC is proud.

People are absolutely making this a race issue when they shouldn't. However, the bottom line is that this guy called the police, the dispatch told him DO NOT FOLLOW OR CONFRONT the kid, and sure enough, he does it anyways. So the kid is in the wrong for fighting and/or assaulting him, just like the other guy is at fault for killing him. It's a bad situation no matter how you look at it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-treyvon-said-our-president#post_3467117
People are absolutely making this a race issue when they shouldn't. However, the bottom line is that this guy called the police, the dispatch told him DO NOT FOLLOW OR CONFRONT the kid, and sure enough, he does it anyways. So the kid is in the wrong for fighting and/or assaulting him, just like the other guy is at fault for killing him. It's a bad situation no matter how you look at it.
Clem, so many believe that, which is obviously wrong. I wonder where they get that info from the 911 tapes that have been played over and over. The police dispatcher, asked Zim if he was following the "suspicious person" [my word]. Zim says yes. Then the dispatcher says, "Ok, we don't need you to do that." Zim's response is "Ok.". There is no indication that he continued to follow Trayvon. His statement is that he was returning to his vehicle when Trayvon confronted him, and landed a punch to his nose.
Anyway, police dispatchers are not sworn police officers and have no authority to order anyone not to do anything. And, in this case, the dispatcher didn't give any orders anyway. All of these points are vital when considering any kind of charges against Zimmerman. At this point, based on what is publicly known as of today, I see no reason to charge Zimmerman. If Trayvon were still alive, he may well have been the one arrested for assault and be in jail now. It is not illegal to follow someone or even ask someone walking around the neighborhood, "What are you doing here." It is illegal to assault someone.