I'm getting a 750 gal...need ideas!

bioneck47

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2898990
Bio - whats the news? Anything additional?
Hey CC, everything is going pretty good. I just received my shipment from flexpvc.com for all my plumbing. I still have to lift the tank to get under it to drill some more holes (that should be fun...) I'm going to run a dart I had laying around for the closed loop and a hammerhead for return. I now have both of my external skimmers vinegar cleaned and ready to go.
I'm also still buffing out all of the scratches. I can't believe how long it's taking...
I'm also building a "rock structure" out of dry live rock, crushed coral, and epoxy to cover up the overflow. It's a pain in the butt, but should look pretty good after I'm done with it. I will def. post pics of the progress.
I do have one question though, How should I do my standpipes? I want it to be as quite as possible and with little flow resistance. I've been looking at doing a stockman/durso style. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

premilove

lol man that is crazy crypt. i am a newbie to bikes, i think ill just stick to my gxsr 750 until i man up enough to get a 9 second bike

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by bioneck47
http:///forum/post/2899771
I'm also building a "rock structure" out of dry live rock, crushed coral, and epoxy to cover up the overflow. It's a pain in the butt, but should look pretty good after I'm done with it. I will def. post pics of the progress.
That should look really good.

synjay6661

Well i got my girlfriend convinced into letting me buy a 1000$ dragon eel i wonder if i can get her into letting me buy a 750 gal tank XD

bioneck47

Hey guys sorry for the delay, I've been extremely busy with work and everything else in life. The tank is looking pretty good, I'm done buffing out all of the scratches and halfway into building the rock structure. It's taking a little longer than expected, I'm just trying to get everything done right the first time.
The hardest part of this whole project has to be the plumbing, it has to be perfect because once it's on the stand and filled with water, I'm not going to be able to change anything inside of the overflow unless I empty it out and take the tank off the stand. There's only going to be 15 inches between my ceiling and the top of the tank. I'll try and do a better job in keeping you guys posted on the progress...

synjay6661

Originally Posted by bioneck47
http:///forum/post/2915146
Hey guys sorry for the delay, I've been extremely busy with work and everything else in life. The tank is looking pretty good, I'm done buffing out all of the scratches and halfway into building the rock structure. It's taking a little longer than expected, I'm just trying to get everything done right the first time.
The hardest part of this whole project has to be the plumbing, it has to be perfect because once it's on the stand and filled with water, I'm not going to be able to change anything inside of the overflow unless I empty it out and take the tank off the stand. There's only going to be 15 inches between my ceiling and the top of the tank. I'll try and do a better job in keeping you guys posted on the progress...
eh its all good BIO i mean if u werent working u couldnt be doing what u are doing right now

just for confusion reduction, the formula to find the exact size to the decimal is as follows.
LxWxH divided by 231 so in this case 96x42x48 = 193,536/231 = 837.8181 repeating so 838gal

hobrien

I am tagging along for this and since you said 250 miles from austin I am assuming you are in the DFW area and I lived there till 2 years ago. I was in Coppell.

reefman22

PICS! PICS! PICS! where are they? This tank makes me sad when I go downstairs and look at my 55 gallon. Yours is like....10 of mine....I'll just act like yours is mine and look at my computer all night.
Reefman