Interesting read of an interview with an Arab

jovial

Originally Posted by Jmick
Do yourself a favor and read about the events that transpired in Rwanda...the government was a driving force behind the actions there. I think a lot of the people got caught up in the groups mentality and were swept into it...you certainly didn't want to come off as a sympathizer or your head might have found it's way free of your body. That said, I'd want to see those responsible for organizing and stiring the pot punished accordingly.
Using your example:
If those who commited these atrocities were completely wiped out would they be able to do it again?
For 21 years Ive served in forward deployed combat commands in parts of the world that would make a goat puke, I havent had to "do myself a favor" and read about events like these because for many... I've lived them. I know these events to be true and may be wrong but think we are looking at this from opposite perspectives. In my mind, the way you "punish accordingly" is by completely
removing the enemies ability to wage war. You dont take chances or negotiate with those who want to kill you.
Punished accordingly? ... It's a simple question. If those responsible for these actions would have been wiped out in the first place they could not have done this.

seasalt101

Originally Posted by Jovial
Using your example:
If those who commited these atrocities were completely wiped out would they be able to do it again?
For 21 years Ive served in forward deployed combat commands in parts of the world that would make a goat puke, I havent had to "do myself a favor" and read about events like these because for many... I've lived them. I know these events to be true and may be wrong but think we are looking at this from opposite perspectives. In my mind, the way you "punish accordingly" is by completely
removing the enemies ability to wage war. You dont take chances or negotiate with those who want to kill you.
Punished accordingly? ... It's a simple question. If those responsible for these actions would have been wiped out in the first place they could not have done this.
marines or army i was a tanker in the army, places that would make a goat puke ft polk...tobin

jovial

Originally Posted by seasalt101
marines or army i was a tanker in the army, places that would make a goat puke ft polk...tobin
Thats cool tobin, a special part of the USN for me. A warriors endeavor is to win. I dont know what a politicians is.

seasalt101

Thats cool tobin, a special part of the USN for me.
my dad was udt in the korean conflict frogman udt team 11 i get his patch when he passes he just turned 74 on the 12th and that guy is still in great shape but you know how tough they were...tobin

jovial

Originally Posted by seasalt101
my dad was udt in the korean conflict frogman udt team 11 i get his patch when he passes he just turned 74 on the 12th and that guy is still in great shape but you know how tough they were...tobin
Your Dad is a hero IMO
, one of the originals. These men knew what honor, courage and commitment was.

seasalt101

Your Dad is a hero IMO
, one of the originals. These men knew what honor, courage and commitment was.
where do you think i got it from...tobin

bpaul1201

oh ok......anyways we are all going to die one way or the other.....old age,war,disease,famine,cancer,hit by car, smoking!
quote: " Without war there can be no peace!"

seasalt101

i would really like to know what any other plan would be let's say in 5 years the iranians still hate us, and now they have nuclear weapons that will reach the u.s. declaring jihad on us what is the people suggesting sanctions and claiming to just take out the responsible terrorist what then? this is for the people who disagree with total victory/nuking them now...tobin

darthtang aw

I honestly do not understand why there is a major concern about Iran attempting to acquire nukes. If we were smart we won't have to lift a finger and even bother negotiating with them. There was another middle eastern country in the 80's that were close to acquiring it and that site was taken out...and we never lifted a finger.....the same thing will happen.

saltn00b

wow some very interesting points were made here and i wish i could touch on them all.
for a long time , i was under the impression that the Koran / Quran never mentioned anything about killing the infidel, etc, and that it was all made up by extremist figureheads for propaganda and mind control. Those quotes are a sad awakening and i would like to see what that islamic guy was going to find out about those quotes, as he seemed surprised by them as well. some of them seem to be very clear but it is also an excerpt from a passage written in another language. This can easily lead to texts being out of context or just grossly mis-interpreted and mistranslated.
Why do they hate the US?
1)We are the embodiment of western culture. we are the figurehead, the icon, and Crux of western culture that they are bred to hate. Icons in the Arab culture are huge political movers, and always have been. Sometimes they even go so far as to attack companies and people because of INDIRECT icons. For example in the mid 80's Pan Am flight 103 that was bombed solely because Pan Am, like TWA were ICONS of America. If they succeeded in there plight, then they would shift there aim to England, Canada, etc, and anyone else who embraces "western culture". Which can be broken down into those living freely, and not strictly by the laws of Quran. If they succeeded in destroying the West, there eyes would turn East, and look to destroy the Asian countries, as they do not believe in Muhammed and hence are Infidels. They will not stop until the entire planet is Islam.
2)Israel. there is no Palestine Jmick, hasnt been one for 50 years now. and that is the other reason they hate us. it has been said and explained before, but it is just another reason to make us the big bad brother of the kid they just beat up at recess. As stated in 1, they wont stop till the world is theirs and theirs alone. They view compromise as weakness, and use it to take a little more of a foothold, and get that much more leverage. Everytime Israel gives them a little, they take it and demand more.
3)Brainwashing. a practice in place by people in power all over the world for thousands of years. The sole reason why an entire generation will never view us in a new light, and a new generation is being taught at birth to hate what is not their own. It used to be easy, very easy. Now, however, Technology threatens the ease of propaganda and brainwashing with access to truth. This is fully recognized by these extremists communities, and that is why you dont see any other country's television broadcasts in the middle east, so people can not make there own decisions. It is why you see younger and younger children being taught these hateful things, and watching Mickey Mouse rip-offs praising suicide in the name of Allah in a theme song condoning the burning of the American Infidels. you also see it in N. Korea, a regime run on fear and control of communication.
The solution.
maybe not in full, but i believe the solution starts with countering the brainwash efforts. If the enemy has no backing, it is rendered impotent. Using Technology that we have now that we never did before in this conflict, measures can be taken to provide people with truths and let them make decisions for themselves. It is just a beginning, everything starts somewhere.
thats all i have for now. gotta get back to work. take care.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
I honestly do not understand why there is a major concern about Iran attempting to acquire nukes. If we were smart we won't have to lift a finger and even bother negotiating with them. There was another middle eastern country in the 80's that were close to acquiring it and that site was taken out...and we never lifted a finger.....the same thing will happen.
From what I've read Darth, Iran's nuclear facilities are too deep in the ground for Israeli weapons to penetrate.

seasalt101

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
From what I've read Darth, Iran's nuclear facilities are too deep in the ground for Israeli weapons to penetrate.
this is why i keep saying they need to be totally taken out...tobin

bigarn

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
two words .... bunker busters ... I'm sure we'd be glad to lend them a few.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by bigarn

My thoughts exactly, we wouldn't even have to lend them. I am sure Isreal would purchase them from us just like they puirchased the f-15's in the 80's from us. Possibly sell a squadron of Stealths too.

1journeyman

Unfortunately it's not that simple.
The bunkers are deep underground. Supposedly too deep for any known conventional weapon (known that is...)
Multiple sites; Unlike Iraq in the 80's, Iran has sites all over.
Foreign workers; Iran has hired foreign workers that would almost certainly become casualties (Russian for instance)
Distance; Iran is farther away then Iraq was.
Surprise; Iran is expecting an airstrike.
Allies; With the Allied forces in Iraq, Israel will have to coodinate a strike with the allies. They may not go along with it.
Targets; Iran is still claiming their nuclear facilities are for power only. Hitting nuclear reactors will cause an uproar in the rest of the world.

bigarn

you nailed it when you said "known Weapons".... if we had to,I feel quite strongly we would get them.
it will all have to play itself out eventually ... then we will see.

darthtang aw

There are three sites that would need to be hit, Bushehr, Natanz, Arak. With the second being the only immediate threat.
As for foreign workers, that is their problem. It is no different than when our citizens go overseas for work and get caught in a terrorist blast or the middle of a civil war. Russia knows damn well Iran is up to no good yet they keep supporting them, that is their fault, much like it was the fault of the Taliban for supporting Al Qaeda...no one was concerned about that aspect when we went invaded Afghanistan to hit Al Qaeda.
Now Stealth fighters and tomohawk missles would be very effective against these facilites as well as other smart bombs and missles....just sell them to isreal.
Use U.S. military bases in Itaq as a launch pad...walla problem solved.

jovial

Originally Posted by bigarn
Like the MOAB, but even this has it's limitations. Darth you make some good points, I think the Chinese would be able to put a significant ammount of diplomatic pressure on Iran. I wish we didnt owe them so much $.