Israel Now Listed As A Terrorist Nation By Obama Administration

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/386459/israel-now-listed-as-a-terrorist-nation-by-obama-administration/60#post_3395052
I would assume indian wars had something to do with hunting territory and protecting the women. The concept to OWN land never occured to them. Indians worshipped the spirts of the land around them. That's where you got the term Mother earth. The animals share the land with us, they live there but they don't own it. A bear can say who hangs in his hunting area...
Also indians traveled from summer to winter areas for hunting. They never settled into an area and called it home and stuck it out through thick and thin. They had Teepees that they broke down and moved the whole camp with them. If they ate a fish, the bones they buried thanking the fish spirit for giving them strength. They believed in returning to the earth what you took from it.
The indians were willing to share the land with the white man as long as he respected the tribes of the land...The white man bargained for land and the indians snickering no doubt sold it to them. They were very surprised to be told to leave, and freaked out that fences were put up. That was their mind set, who could blame them.... I wouldn't think anyone owned the sunshine, and yet our government has found a way to tax those who use solar heat.
Strange, I wonder how the Navajo tore down their pueblos....
Darth (bet they had giant cranes) Tang

kiefers

funny thing about history.... prior to the 1900's history is told by the victor more so the victim

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/386459/israel-now-listed-as-a-terrorist-nation-by-obama-administration/60#post_3395052
I would assume indian wars had something to do with hunting territory and protecting the women. The concept to OWN land never occured to them. Indians worshipped the spirts of the land around them. That's where you got the term Mother earth. The animals share the land with us, they live there but they don't own it. A bear can say who hangs in his hunting area...
Also indians traveled from summer to winter areas for hunting. They never settled into an area and called it home and stuck it out through thick and thin. They had Teepees that they broke down and moved the whole camp with them. If they ate a fish, the bones they buried thanking the fish spirit for giving them strength. They believed in returning to the earth what you took from it.
The indians were willing to share the land with the white man as long as he respected the tribes of the land...The white man bargained for land and the indians snickering no doubt sold it to them. They were very surprised to be told to leave, and freaked out that fences were put up. That was their mind set, who could blame them.... I wouldn't think anyone owned the sunshine, and yet our government has found a way to tax those who use solar heat.
You are assuming all the indians had the same beliefs.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/386459/israel-now-listed-as-a-terrorist-nation-by-obama-administration/80#post_3395070
You are assuming all the indians had the same beliefs.
LOL...Basically. The Spirit of the crow may have been more important than the spirit of the great white bear depending on what tribe. They all had to travel with the weather and or according to the way the animals they hunted to live on migrated. I haven't heard any indians that didn't talk about the spirits of animals and lakes and such. Every tribe had their own Shamen and their own ways of doing things to honor whatever, be it a mountian or (the great tree in Avatar. That's where Hollywood got most of their story material for the movie).
Also I'm sure not all the indians trusted the white man and were willing to let them be in their territory, no more than they would let any stranger in their territory. The point is they really did not believe the land could be sold. They didn't think anyone owned or could own it.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/386459/israel-now-listed-as-a-terrorist-nation-by-obama-administration/80#post_3395077
LOL...Basically. The Spirit of the crow may have been more important than the spirit of the great white bear depending on what tribe. They all had to travel with the weather and or according to the way the animals they hunted to live on migrated. I haven't heard any indians that didn't talk about the spirits of animals and lakes and such. Every tribe had their own Shamen and their own ways of doing things to honor whatever, be it a mountian or (the great tree in Avatar. That's where Hollywood got most of their story material for the movie).
Also I'm sure not all the indians trusted the white man and were willing to let them be in their territory, no more than they would let any stranger in their territory. The point is they really did not believe the land could be sold. They didn't think anyone owned or could own it.
Not all Indians traveled. Some would follow the herds they depended on for food but not all lived in areas where the weather dictated that. Many also did believe it was THEIR land but it was collective, not individual. Some might have thought it was crazy for the white man to try to buy the land but most were quite familiar with the concept of trading.

darthtang aw

LOL...Basically. The Spirit of the crow may have been more important than the spirit of the great white bear depending on what tribe. They all had to travel with the weather and or according to the way the animals they hunted to live on migrated. I haven't heard any indians that didn't talk about the spirits of animals and lakes and such.   Every tribe had their own Shamen and their own ways of doing things to honor whatever, be it a mountian or (the great tree in Avatar. That's where Hollywood got most of their story material for the movie).

As a person of native american decent from a family very in tune with their heritage...I will tell you...stick to religion.
Darth (being nice) Tang

darthtang aw

I hate it when your nice!

Shut up and go back to lurking you human gerbil maze.
Darth (I feel better now) Tang

darthtang aw

I don't buy beads from arn. I saw his doctor bill from his testing trials for his bead line.
Darth (exit only) Tang