IT'S OFFICIAL (sorta)

stdreb27

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3239464
I'm getting nervous......

Don't worry a 3 hour trip isn't that bad, the weather is nice, I mean it isn't 30 degrees or anything. The cooler isn't going in the back of the truck is it?What I'd want to watch is the o2 levels. I may have missed it, but did you get an airator? You know like the ones they hang on the side of a bait bucket? They're pretty cheap, and should be pretty easy to find at a Academy. He isn't going to foul up the water that bad.

meowzer

I just don't want to hurt her....
I am bringing a car charger inverter so I can plug in a powerhead and heater...the cooler will be on the back seat of the truck, and I will not seal the top....
It's actually gonna be in the 60's tomorrow YAYYYY

R

rcreations

Good luck with the move. I wish you the best!
How do you catch rays? Regular net? Does that hurt their tail?

meowzer

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/3239483
Good luck with the move. I wish you the best!
How do you catch rays? Regular net? Does that hurt their tail?
See post #29
The net is very big and rubber.....so it is flexible

mproctor4

I feel sad for you..........I'm betting though it will all be worth it when you see how happy she is in her new home! It will be exciting to see her take off in that huge aquarium.

meowzer

Originally Posted by mproctor4
http:///forum/post/3239541
I feel sad for you..........I'm betting though it will all be worth it when you see how happy she is in her new home! It will be exciting to see her take off in that huge aquarium.
Well, she will go into an acclimation tank first...which will still be A LOT bigger than my tank.....
I doubt I will see her in the "big" tanks :( It all depends on how long they acclimate her. If I am able to stay in the area long enough, I will probably go back when they release her...they told me I could :)

meowzer

I really wanted to get home earlier tonight....never works out....Now I am gonna have to go outside in the dark to clean the cooler

S

shrimpy brains

Looks like a comfy place to ride!! I'm sure all will go well! I know you will miss her, but it's kind of like getting a new tank to fill the void. Not having a stingray in your tank should certainly open up a lot of possibilities you didn't have before!!

meowzer

YUP...I'm going to a REAL LIVE fish store...LOL...and gonna buy some more live rock...at least 50 lbs....and THE BEST PART...I actually get to pick it out
OK...I have the inverter for the car, powerhead, and heater
new SW for the 225g tank is made to replace what I use in cooler (+ some)
AM I FORGETTING ANYTHING??????

roastreef

I think you're good to go. 3 hours seems like a long time, but it really shouldn't be that hard on her (One of my rays spent 1.5 hours in a 5 gallon bucket with nothing when I picked it up). Don't stress out so much.
Think about what a good time you'll have at a "real" LFS (and don't spend too much when you're there).

cranberry

You're going to have so much fun. I'm going to a new store tomorrow up north as well, to pick up a special fish. I'm super excited.

socalnano24

Wow this is exciting. How awesome that you get to pick out some new liverock too! Good extra use of the cooler too!
(I had a 13" pleco (at that size they aren't too nice to move))For large fish in the past in lieu of a net I've also used a large cup, in your case you could try a 5 gallon bucket if it fits in your current tank. lay it at a 30% angle with lowered water in your tank, and you can probably lure her in with your hand and some food (since it sounds like you can feed her right?)