Jackri's 90g reef

jackri

I've been looking back on the past year... it's amazing on how fast some corals grow. Looking at them day to day it really doesn't seem like they grow much but go back a few months and look and it's simply amazing -- even during fragging. I've got to order new frag plugs with my bucket of salt -- ahh what problems to have.
I do need to take new pictures -- the glass has been razor bladed so I can at least get crisp pictures again lol.

nissan577

im in love!!!!
i really cant wait for pics!!!! and i know what you mean about being lazy and everything cause that happened to me
but im getting back in the game!

jackri

Yeah it's starting to come around again and I'm going to do some re-aquascaping. I pulled out a big rock of GSP, pulling out a big leather coral on the left (not the very far left one as my clown hosts it lol) and I have a bunch of frags to start off into colonies.
Added and installed a GFO/Carbon reactor, now dosing Calc, Alk, Mag as all levels were low and picking at GHA about every other day and looking back at this pic I can tell I'm making a difference.
The Carbon has made the tank A LOT clearer, and I'm sure the GFO is pulling out my phosphates. Everything is happy, healthy and growing.
My yellow tang is nibbling at my Orange Digita but not to the point where it's made it made -- maybe just likes the flavor without eating (I hope). I'll probably wait until I do my aquascaping before I take new pics so I have a new baseline to go by and check the growth with keeping my levels in check for once :)

nissan577

im glad things are getting back to normal!
i really cant wait for pics!!!! i love your tank! the growth has been so amazing!

jackri

I do tend to have to agree with you. I see other tanks that are "cleaner" and I look and go wow!
But then although they look neat, clean and very nice I tend to notice there are really no nice big pieces of coral and I feel I have several large pieces I've grown out from thumb nail sized like my purple tipped green plating coral that is just huge.
My tank will be clean again hopefully soon lol.

nissan577

it will. and so will mine i hope.
i guess many of us have just got lazy cause the holidays and my vacation from school. now ima be back and everything i gotta get back in the game. i just wish my corals grow fast like yours!!!!

markw

Is that one huge GSP on the left rear of your tank?
This series is interesting. Absolutely awe-inspiring. Looks great!
Mark

jackri

Yeah my GSP are really taking over in that end. I'm tearing down my frag tank and going to be loading up this tank with other pieces and frags so it's about to get crowded. Might be moving and just sooooo many projects to get done it seems and I have no desire to move 2 tanks (even one is going to be a pain).
One of these days I'll get new pics up :)

jackri

One of these days won't be soon.
In the process of probably moving. Our offer was accepted on a house if we sell ours, so now I have to worry about moving and our house being in "pristine" condition all the time. And then I have to worry about moving my tank if/when we sell. UGH.
I'm sure I'll break a lot of coral and lose something along the way. I don't really care for the stress of moving lol.

jackri

I think I have too many frags in my tank making at least the bottom look too crowded. My tangs stopped getting along and my yellow belly blue hippo after over a year relentlessly kept tearing at my yellow tang. I thought it was dead and couldn't find it at all. Next day I did see him but he was staying hid. He came out for a bit but just too weak to do much at that point and was suffering from pinched belly. I actually hand caught him and put him out of his misery as it was too late to give him to someone.
Then the VERY next day I lost my six-line due to jumping out. I've had him at least 2 years *sigh*
Well at least now I can get a lawnmower blenny as my sixline chased the last one around non stop to where I still haven't found him -- saw him and then dissappeared while we watched him and NEVER saw him again -- just strange.
But someone local has a lawnmower blenny and 7 chromis for 22 bucks so I might be jumping all over that. He's got 2 tangs too but my hippo is going to be the "main" fish until something happens to him -- think I'll be going for more of a minimalist approach for awhile as things seem too cluttered.
Oh -- still don't know if I'm moving or not and that's got me in limbo too.
Come make a short drive Nissan and get some frags lol

jackri

I hate to say it but my tank is pretty well on auto cruise until I either move or don't move. Keeping the house in "show" condition everyday takes a lot of time and I haven't been dosing calc, alk, and mag very regularly either. I'm picking up some cheap fish tomorrow and selling some more coral off locally but knowing I'll probably break a lot of coral and possibly loose some live stock in the move I just can't get too worked up over stuff I guess.
We'll see after the move/no move lol. I know my aquascaping is going to horrible with how loaded I am with coral if I move so that's another worry but you can only do what you can do I guess.