Jackri's 90g reef

markw

Awesome tank! Love the Lobed Leather! What is this?
EDIT--Ok, well it seems I cant copy it. So what is in the last picture of post 90?
Mark

jackri

Probably talking about my Toadstool near dead center but to the right a bit. I took a scissors to him a couple of times as his head was too big to hold up on it's own. I have about 12-15 nice small toadstools blooming just awesome in my frag tank with 3-4" stalks already from him.

markw

Yes, your toadstool. The two look quite similar. Forgot to mention the thing that I want an ID on is all green and has tons of tiny tenticals. Almost with the look of a carpet anemone, but yet not that I believe.
Mark

jackri

Oh, probably my Green star polyps. They have gone crazy in the last 4 months after about a year or two of nothing lol.

markw

Thats it. I looked at the photo information and your title was GSP. Its quite beaqutiful. I love it. Youve inspired me to change my coral list in my new tank
Mark

jackri

I have a fellow local reefer that has white star polyps he wants to give me.. lol... ummmm ok sure. Actually I'm thinking about really cramming a lot more SPS in there and some more zoos. I want zoos to take over the bottom areas of live rock, the xenia all over the back and then assorted corals everywhere else with the SPS in the main tank only getting fragged now if needed lol.

markw

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3120068
I have a fellow local reefer that has white star polyps he wants to give me.. lol... ummmm ok sure. Actually I'm thinking about really cramming a lot more SPS in there and some more zoos. I want zoos to take over the bottom areas of live rock, the xenia all over the back and then assorted corals everywhere else with the SPS in the main tank only getting fragged now if needed lol.
I like the white stars. The greens are better IMO, but I like the whites too. If I had the tank up, Id say take them and Id pay to have them shipped here.
That sounds like a good layout. Mine was going to be something of the same. Sorry if you already mentioned it, but what lights are you running?
Mark

jackri

2 - 250w Phoenix 14k's and 4 54w T-5 actinics... or might be 2 act's and 2 who knows what spectrum actually. It's a current usa canopy and the t-5's are still stock but I replaced the 10k's with the phoenix bulbs.

jackri

No new pics yet but I have had some Green Hair algae start growing in --- which means my water filters must be filthy and changed out. Stupid local water is HORRIBLE. So -- while all the fish and coral look great I have some harvesting to do and thinking about getting a phosban reactor. Going to have to schedule myself down to changing out the filters every 3 months instead of 6 --- looking back at old pictures -- umm yeah lots of growth and I did some accidental fragging while doing the last water change by breaking a few chunks. I did trim back the frogspawn as it was stinging some corals that are growing together.
Hopefully I'll get some pictures before toooo long.

gill again68

If you need an address to send those frags to feel free to send them this way. All donations excepted and willing to pay shipping in most.
No kidding send them.

jackri

I lost quite a few frags due to a toxin in my frag tank (killed 3 of the 4 fish too). Not sure if it was soap on my hands or what but within a couple of hours the fish were all about dead -- one clown pulled through as I threw in a big bag of charcoal in immediately and the clown was was normal by morning. I'm glad it wasn't my main tank but I did lose 3 fish and some acros. Most everything else pulled through for corals and the inverts were fine. Did a water change like usual and it just went completely wrong so I'm blaming soap residue but I need to build up my frag collection again.
Also looking at getting a phosban reactor and possibly calcium reactors.

jackri

Ok, an updated pic -- I totally butchered my frogspawn and it still looks big. Hopefully this will be the dirtiest you'll ever see my tank again. I need to razorblade the glass tomorrow but I've been working on a GHA problem
and hope to have that cleared up before long. I've also been slacking on my calcium dosing which is also going to get remedied. THe last 3 month work rotation shift I was on made me pretty lazy with tanks and boy did it show. I just cleaned up my frag tank and can post pictures (next) on that too