Jaguars cheat

tangman99

Originally Posted by LiveRock27
So did the Jags also cheat on Dec. 16th in that win and wouldn't that make the Jags 2-0 this season against the Steelers? Where were both of those games played?
After that game it was stated that the Jaguars are the first team to ever beat the Steelers twice at home in one season.

monkdaily

there is always holding on every play, every play o-line d-line. thats that it happens if it get called it gets called if it dosent it dosent. if u ever played football u would know that like i said if u really wanna review the tape iam sure u will find it on both sides of the ball. and to tell ya the truth i wouldnt be suprised if it JAX v.s DALLAS in the CHIP.

k-rok

Originally Posted by TangMan99
After that game it was stated that the Jaguars are the first team to ever beat the Steelers twice at home in one season.
Yeah the Jags "beat" the Steelers twice at home - I didn't see the first game so I can't say - all I can say is the point of this thread was just that I was upset because of the BLATENT

k-rok

Yeah the Jags "beat" the Steelers twice at home - I didn't see the first game so I can't say - all I can say is the point of this thread was just that I was upset because of the BLATENT holding that was taking place. I don't care if you think I'm wrong or that it always happens or that I'm whining. The Jags got the W - but I question how valid it is.
I agree in text it is difficult to gauge someone's mood - and mind you this isn't driving me nuts - but I felt the need to vent about it and thought I'd be received a bit better. The team I've followed since I was 5 (28 years now!) fought hard and was defeated in a way that didn't seem fair to me. Thats it. If you re-watch the game and look at the holding you'll understand. The holding was often and blatent AND not called. (Except on Sean Mahon on a critical play that probably altered the outcome of the game.) Is it so hard to understand why this bothered me? Geezus are you people Nazi's or what?

k-rok

Originally Posted by stdreb27

lol not in dallas they don't.

But I can see where your comming from historically the Steelers are one of the more storied franchises. Fortunately the 'boys are just that much better.

I beg to differ - Dallas is exactly the team I was talking about from Texas - a game there a year or two ago the commentators even said (Phil Simms I believe) "Shame on you Dallas fans for selling your tickets to Steelers fans" - lol - It's great when your team is thousands of miles from home and you can still here the fans chant "HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!". Gotta' love it.

liverock27

K-Rok I understand where you are coming from and so does everyone else that is ribbing you on this thread. Everyone of us has had our team go down in our opinion by some blatent mistake. I for instance have the "tuck" rule and your Steelers blatent use of steroids through the '70s (wish my raiders would have got in contact with yall's supplier sooner). It is just nice to have it happen to someone else, so no hard feelings. Plus the guy who said Ben sucks must not have watched the 2nd half because Ben brought them back. Hines is the man and I enjoyed watching him play QB/WR/RB down here at UGA. For a guy that Mel Kyper said was good at everything, but never would be great at anything he turned out all right.

bronco300

Geezus are you people Nazi's or what?
That we are!

No,. i just think there are tons of penalties not called in every game that could or could not change the outcome...who knows if one single holding would have stopped a fumble by the QB returned for a TD boosting the losing team to come back and win...yea its upsetting but it'll be there no matter what even with 20 refs on the field....but then again, what fun would it be...thered be a flag every single play.

k-rok

Yeah I usually don't complain but this one stung a little bit. Oh well I'm over it now - thanks for listening. =)

1journeyman

Originally Posted by K-ROK
... Geezus are you people Nazi's or what?
Comparing people who don't agree with you to a group of folks committed to perpetrating one of the worst genocides in history might be a tad extreme.

k-rok

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Comparing people who don't agree with you to a group of folks committed to perpetrating one of the worst genocides in history might be a tad extreme.

And taking it that serious might be a tad extreme.

bjoe23

No, that could really offend some people

tangman99

Ok. We tarred-and-feathered K-ROK for being a Steeler fan for which he deserved (I Kid!) and now we are going to crucify him for referring to us as Nazi's. Uh Oh. Did I say crucify? I hope no one takes that wrong and accuses me of being a Roman of which by the way, I am half Italian.

K-ROK. Good to see you are over it. I wasn't taking it too serious but it was sort of ammusing to watch you self destruct.

Anyway, I hope we spank your hineys again next year.
Oh, and how in the name of Zeus did you come on here waving a Steelers war flag and then admit you didn't even see the first game between the Jags and Steelers.
Just so you know, I watched the game and Pittsburg held on every play. It was aweful.
Just kidding. Peace Bro'

1journeyman

Hehe, hey, at the time you posted it I had no idea where you were going.
Glad to see you're back on the reservation.

k-rok

Ok. We tarred-and-feathered K-ROK for being a Steeler fan for which he deserved (I Kid!) and now we are going to crucify him for referring to us as Nazi's. Uh Oh. Did I say crucify? I hope no one takes that wrong and accuses me of being a Roman of which by the way, I am half Italian.

K-ROK. Good to see you are over it. I wasn't taking it too serious but it was sort of ammusing to watch you self destruct.

Anyway, I hope we spank your hineys again next year.
Oh, and how in the name of Zeus did you come on here waving a Steelers war flag and then admit you didn't even see the first game between the Jags and Steelers.
Just so you know, I watched the game and Pittsburg held on every play. It was aweful.
Just kidding. Peace Bro'
I didn't come in here with a Steelers war flag....but only cuz the Jags were holding it.

well after playing football for 10 years i understand that there is not cheating. just luck of the ref. with that being said.. you lost to the jags not once but 2 times in steeler nation so there was no cheating just butt kicking..

k-rok

Originally Posted by chowtownreefer
well after playing football for 10 years i understand that there is not cheating. just luck of the ref. with that being said.. you lost to the jags not once but 2 times in steeler nation so there was no cheating just butt kicking..
They were both very close games so I wouldn't put it at a "butt kicking" but the holding was more often and more out in the open than in most games - I know it happens in games but the Jags used it to win. Had they not held the second game would have ended differently. Or.....I'll take the Jags holding all game long - fine - just give me the 2 point conversion back. There was no holding on that play. Worst case scenario for Pittsburgh is the game goes into OT.