Jebao WP 40

2quills

With as many reports of them failing I'm starting to wonder if the manufacturer didn't do their homework on sizing the supplies appropriately in terms of frequency. It's almost like they designed the pumps and then picked a power supply off the shelf to go with it.
Edat: are there any differences in the Amperage of the new supply that they sent you vs the old one or did they send you the exact same type of supply?

meowzer

Well I just got my delivery about 20 minutes ago.....I'm switching power supplies in the morning and I am going to run it on 19v like Richard said he does
then we will see

edat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/80#post_3526938
With as many reports of them failing I'm starting to wonder if the manufacturer didn't do their homework on sizing the supplies appropriately in terms of frequency. It's almost like they designed the pumps and then picked a power supply off the shelf to go with it.
Edat: are there any differences in the Amperage of the new supply that they sent you vs the old one or did they send you the exact same type of supply?
I ordered a new power supply on my own....
It has the exact same specs as the original.

islandkoa

Any updates on positive/negative experiences with this system? I bit the bullet and not only ordered a WP40, but also ordered a remote controled, adjustable (and colorful) jebao return pump for my soon to be running 90. I'm keeping my eheim as a backup. This tunze legal stance sort of reminds me about the Apple lawsuits last year against HTC and Samsung. I don't, however, foresee my pumps being stuck on a ship on the coast awaiting inspection approval like my EVO phone

edat

I still like mine even though I had an issue with one of the power supplies. They are still both running great.
I am considering ordering a couple more once I can get refocused on my tank.

islandkoa

My order (from fishstreet) is actually scheduled to be delivered today. It took only 4 days vice the 2 or so weeks but the shipping cost was somewhat high since I ordered that heavy return pump and a few other items. Now I have to get on the ball and clean buff out my 90 gallon tank and start setting it up. Hopefully I won't have any pump issues. My patience (and tank inhabitants' tolerance) were already tested to the limits with my digital aquatics reefkeeper and its antics.

islandkoa

Received my wp40 last week and my 12v-24v power adapter yesterday. I am considering placing it in my 55 and reducing the flow via the adapter until my 90 gets setup later this month. Does anyone have any better instructions for the revised WP40 controller (pic below)? I remember running across updated, more descriptive instructions somewhere online a few weeks ago but can't find them. The only instructions I can find is the older version.

I just ordered the updated controller but haven't received it yet.
I played around with mine until I got the flow I wanted on W2, which was suggested by someone i know that has the same tank I do. I also put mine on low speed at night.

islandkoa

I just ordered the updated controller but haven't received it yet.
I played around with mine until I got the flow I wanted on W2, which was suggested by someone i know that has the same tank I do. I also put mine on low speed at night.
What size tank do you have? I guess I'll have to do some experimenting. Did you also get the adjustable power supply? It's made for a computer but seems to work.

A 92 gallon corner.
I didn't see one that connects to a computer. I ordered both from fishstreet.com. The controller I ordered has 12 modes instead of 6 on the original. I've been using the timer knob to adjust the pulses.

tahoereefer

I just received the newer version of the WP 40 for my 125 gallon. ONE is definitely enough. It eliminated 3 other power heads and I don't even run in on the highest power. Just using "Else" (reef) mode.

The only thing I really don't like about it is the noise is makes when it is randomly changing modes. Sounds like an orchestra in the tank. Literally sounds like a music box in there!. I have read that it will go away in a couple of weeks. I sure hope so!

It's big, but it is better than having three other regular power heads.

Modes:

H: High, constant, non-variable flow (20000 LPH)
L: Low, constant, non-variable flow at a third of the speed
W1: Adjustable pulses at maximum flow rate. (Has a knob so you can decrease and increase the duration of pulses)
W2: Speeds up from low to max in 6 steps, slows down similarly. (w/knob, waves can be lengthened or shortened)
W3: Speeds up from low to max in 6 steps, slows down in 8 steps.
ELSE: Reef Stream Mode, a random flow cycle that randomly increases and decreases speed and duration...mimics natural reef.

Feed: Shuts off for 10 minutes...automatically starts back up.
Lock: You can lock your setting so they don't accidently get bumped, moved, etc.

Speed Lock: You can also lock the maxium speed. 100%, 75%, or 50%. (Works great if you don't want tidal waves!)

Night Mode: Senses when the light goes out and will reduce to half speed.

There are obviously some printing errors. They use "W2" twice, when the second should read "W3"...and Feed..they say just press the button once to go into feed mode, but that just changes the settings. I have to hold for about 4 seconds to enter feed mode.

I ordered mine (2014 version) off eBay from a U.S. seller....good deal, fast shipping: http://www.ebay.com/usr/powerlink999

Except for the noise...love it so far!