Jerth6932's 90 Gallon

jerth6932

OK tang Police.......... Here you go.... My saved Yellow tang is now in a 90 gallon as promised ( https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/forum/thread/385305/slow-build-55-gallon ) Read my old 55 build thread....

Now as far as equipment and such:
Marineland 90 Reef ready tank
33 gallon sump/fuge combo
Vertex 80 Protein Skimmer
2 little Fishies Phosphate reactor 150 w/ 1200 maxi jet
Aqua Ultraviolet 15W UV Sterilizer w/1200 maxi Jet
Mag 12
2 550's, 1 750 and 1 1050 Korella's (circulation) on a RedSea Pro wave maker (Going to do a MP-40 soon)
2 Aqua Illumination Sol Super Blue fixtures
Fish
Yellow Tang
Flame Angel
2 Perc's
McCoskers Wras
Midas Blenny
Bartlet Anthias
Coral

Couple different kinds of Zoa's
Hammer
ORA SPS's (Red Planet, Pearl Berry, Tri Color, Purple Plasma, Orange Digatata, Green with pink tip bottle (brush looking))
Rainbow Monti
Chalice (Don't know which one)
Orange Rodactus Mushrooms
Black tube anemone
Blue Mini Carpet anemone

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386988/my-55-gallon-upgraded-to-a-90-gallon#post_3401833
Tank looks great.....makes the tang look small...LOL
Thanks! Yeah, it does.... but he is small still. My female Clown is still bigger then him. But This way I am on track with him.
With my fish stocking list of:
Yellow Tang
Flame Angel
2 Perc's
McCoskers Wras
Midas Blenny
Bartlet Anthias
IN a 90 are there other fish I can get that would go with with the others? It looks kinda bare with fish.........

meowzer

You only have 1 anthias? add some more....a school of anthias is always nice....same with the wrasses
the blue reef chromis is a really nice fish....It was suggested to me many times for my 225G and I never got it....I finally got it for the 54G and LOVE IT

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386988/my-55-gallon-upgraded-to-a-90-gallon#post_3401845
You only have 1 anthias? add some more....a school of anthias is always nice....same with the wrasses
the blue reef chromis is a really nice fish....It was suggested to me many times for my 225G and I never got it....I finally got it for the 54G and LOVE IT
Yes one bartlet. Can I mix anthias? What wrasses would go well with the mcCoskers? I like wrasses. Blue Chromis, huh? I was staring at some at my LFS display tank. Very nice fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/thread/386988/my-55-gallon-upgraded-to-a-90-gallon#post_3401851
LOL, I soooo know this was directed at me!

As for other fish, I would look into adding more anthias. Bartlett's group together nicely.
Maybe a goby of some sort as well?
Why yes, YES it was.......
We got off to a rough start, to say the least! Now I count on you to keep me afloat
. Will my midas blenny get along with gobys? Can I mix anthias?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerth6932 http:///forum/thread/386988/my-55-gallon-upgraded-to-a-90-gallon#post_3401861
Yes one bartlet. Can I mix anthias? What wrasses would go well with the mcCoskers? I like wrasses
. Blue Chromis, huh? I was staring at some at my LFS display tank. Very nice fish!
Why yes, YES it was.......
We got off to a rough start, to say the least! Now I count on you to keep me afloat
. Will my midas blenny get along with gobys? Can I mix anthias?
McCosker's can form harems. You can also mixed flasher's with fairies, it's usually not an issue. You could also look at some of the leopard wrasses (they're not as hard as everyone says they are!). My Blue Star Leopard's are always out swimming around, they add a lot of life to the tank, especially in the early morning when only the actinics are on. My McCosker's was timid, he got along with everyone, even my Mystery Wrasse.
Your Midas would probably be okay with a goby that was a bottom dweller. I'd go with a green banded, should be different enough that he'll leave it alone. Is your Midas still being Jaws?
Bartlett's are fairly easy to mix with some other anthias. I wouldn't mix them with Lyretails, as those are one of the more aggressive ones, but from experience, they're only usually aggressive with each other. I plan on mixing Red Capped Anthias and Resplendents as well as a Borbonious or two.

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/386988/my-55-gallon-upgraded-to-a-90-gallon#post_3401876
McCosker's can form harems. You can also mixed flasher's with fairies, it's usually not an issue. You could also look at some of the leopard wrasses (they're not as hard as everyone says they are!). My Blue Star Leopard's are always out swimming around, they add a lot of life to the tank, especially in the early morning when only the actinics are on. My McCosker's was timid, he got along with everyone, even my Mystery Wrasse.
Your Midas would probably be okay with a goby that was a bottom dweller. I'd go with a green banded, should be different enough that he'll leave it alone. Is your Midas still being Jaws?
Bartlett's are fairly easy to mix with some other anthias. I wouldn't mix them with Lyretails, as those are one of the more aggressive ones, but from experience, they're only usually aggressive with each other. I plan on mixing Red Capped Anthias and Resplendents as well as a Borbonious or two.
Jaws likes my arm hair, not my flesh per say. He always comes and bites my hair any time my arm goes into the tank. What are some of the cooler Fariry wrasses? (Just to be clear, McCoskers are a flasher right?) I am excited again to be able to get more fish. I just can't get the wife over the fact that she can't have another tang..........
I am going to let my tank settle in befor adding any more fish (I know better then crashing my system as it is delicate right now), as I used all new sand (40lbs of non-live and 40 of live) and added 30lbs of new LR. Watching for any signs of re-cycleing (fingers X, I hope none).

1guydude

Sweet set up man! Im happy for ya!
ahhh u might see some diatoms but i dont think ur parameters will shift much! Did u use the same filtration from ur 55? Thats were most of the bacteria is at...other than ur old LR!

tanuki

Did you get this tank from woolsey's? Looks great. Look at you rocking out with this sweet tank!

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/386988/my-55-gallon-upgraded-to-a-90-gallon#post_3402564
Sweet set up man! Im happy for ya!
ahhh u might see some diatoms but i dont think ur parameters will shift much! Did u use the same filtration from ur 55? Thats were most of the bacteria is at...other than ur old LR!

Filtration was all LR and LS. I used all LR and water but not any of my LS. A filter sock is the only other medium it ran through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki
http:///forum/thread/386988/my-55-gallon-upgraded-to-a-90-gallon#post_3402566
Did you get this tank from woolsey's? Looks great. Look at you rocking out with this sweet tank!
Nope, got it from Aquatic dreams. Its not a 180 like ur rockin now, but I'm happy with the added room! I am way to use to my 24g!
I wish I knew how to take a quality picture......

jerth6932

Heres a pix of my new SPS frag rock
(3 unknown SPS, straberry shortcake, bretts purple rim cap, and Orgon Blue tort)

jerth6932

OK need the help of the fish guru's. Wife's buggin me about getting another bangi Cardinal, but I have tried 3 different ones at separate times in my 55g, and they all died. Are they a fish that is sensitive to Mag/Alk/Calc equation? That was the only thing I could come up with, that was out of wack.......

tanuki

I have a pajama cardinal and it seems to be bombproof. He has been much hardier than anything else in there.
as for yours, I am neither an expert nor do I have the bangi, but it seems like they should be ok? I haven't heard of them as fragile fish.

jerth6932

Ok checked my Alk 10.4, Mag 1600 and calcium 400. When I do major doses (75ml for 90g of usable water) of SeaChem Reef fusion 1 & 2 my Calcium doesn't move but my Alk and Mag are both raising. IS that normal? My LFS wants to check my PH level (as I don't have a test kit), to see if thats out of wack.
Could it be the new tank, thats why its not moving? Maybe cause I used new substrate? I'm confused......... Testing and me don't get along well.....

jerth6932

Ok checked my Alk 10.4, Mag 1600 and calcium 400. When I do major doses (75ml for 90g of usable water) of SeaChem Reef fusion 1 & 2 my Calcium doesn't move but my Alk and Mag are both raising. IS that normal? My LFS wants to check my PH level (as I don't have a test kit), to see if thats out of wack.
Could it be the new tank, thats why its not moving? Maybe cause I used new substrate? I'm confused......... Testing and me don't get along well.....
Ok ph was 8.3. So that is correct. Can new substrate cause odd reading as far as calc,mag,alk? I thought when I wa reading one of the bags that I added it said it did somthing weird with them, but can't see where I saw it. Anyone know?

jerth6932

I love your lighting, the purple and blue color is so awesome.  Keep up the good work.. What bulbs colors are those?

2 aquaillumination LED units. Its the sol blue, soyou can see thr royal and blue bulbs.

jerth6932

The onset of diatoms is now upon me......... Im seeing them forming..........
....... Now the waiting game.....