Jerth6932's 90 Gallon

jerth6932

...... Well...... Salt water fish is synonymous with WAIT! LOL Been doing this since 05, so I've finally gotten use to that.......

jerth6932

Looking pretty good.
Thx
So my diatom bloom today is looking a lot better. I did three things yesterday to combat the break out.
1- turned whites 60%/ blues 50% / royals 50% (all were 60 before)
2- turned up flow of reef crest mode, to like 80%
3- night mode of mp40 took it from 25% power to 75%
My logic (+) on flow and (-) on lights.........:laughing:

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///forum/thread/386988/slow-build-90-gallon/20#post_3404247
lol. maybe a little patience?
So my diatom bloom today is looking a lot better. I did FOUR things yesterday to combat the break out.
1- turned whites 60%/ blues 50% / royals 50% (all were 60 before)
2- turned up flow of reef crest mode, to like 80%
3- night mode of mp40 took it from 25% power to 75%
4- Patience.......

jerth6932

Well two things with it, it is a frag of a fungia, and its kinda proped up and I had just fed it so it was puffy cause it ate.

jerth6932

Well it is a frag of a fungia, its kinda proped up and I had just fed it so it was puffy cause it ate.

jerth6932

Well my Flame angel sealed his fate today. He decided that he liked my new orange fungia a little too much! He ate a good portion of it! I moved the fungia to my 24g and tomorrow I go to get a fish trap from LFS. He's done!
I like Angels is there any that will not pick (as far as I know all will.......)?

meowzer

OH MAN.....so sorry about that.....any angel will be a chance....I have a flame and a coral beauty in my 225G and (knock on wood) in 3 years they have never touched anything

scott t

That stinks, sorry to hear that. I hope that it survives for you tho. Darn fish, you just never know with them....

prh123

I built a 150 gallon reef with live rock and few elegance corals, mushrooms; I bought five expensive angel fish the size of your hand. So I get hired by a computer company had to go to Mexico City for a project, my girlfriend “rushed” a water change, did not check temperature, salinity, just pumped out the water, pumped the RO water in, “killed” the habitants (fish, corals, the whole nine yards). In the same, tank, one three dollar yellow damsel would pick at Elegance corals, I tried a trap, fishing pole with a baby hook, and then pumped the water out into 3-4 45 gallon new rubber maid garbage cans, killed the damsel, filled it back up. Never easy is it.

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386988/slow-build-90-gallon/20#post_3404961
OH MAN.....so sorry about that.....any angel will be a chance....I have a flame and a coral beauty in my 225G and (knock on wood) in 3 years they have never touched anything
Yeah I know they are..... He has been with me since december, and I only saw him hit the SPS every once in a while, never causing damage. So I hoped it was a phase.... But as I think of it now, none of my "polyp" SPS have ever been bushy, even though good perameters. I wonder if he has been suppressing them? They are growing.....

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by prh123 http:///forum/thread/386988/slow-build-90-gallon/20#post_3404978
I built a 150 gallon reef with live rock and few elegance corals, mushrooms; I bought five expensive angel fish the size of your hand. So I get hired by a computer company had to go to Mexico City for a project, my girlfriend “rushed” a water change, did not check temperature, salinity, just pumped out the water, pumped the RO water in, “killed” the habitants (fish, corals, the whole nine yards). In the same, tank, one three dollar yellow damsel would pick at Elegance corals, I tried a trap, fishing pole with a baby hook, and then pumped the water out into 3-4 45 gallon new rubber maid garbage cans, killed the damsel, filled it back up. Never easy is it.

No, it never is. Like with all hobbies (and my life).... if it's not one thing.... IT'S ANOTHER!!!!!!!!

1guydude

ya even dwarfs....its kinda hit or miss my man! Idk wat u could replace him with....kool fish but ive never had intrest in having one!

jerth6932

Yeah I'm doing my fish research. I might have a whole tank make over........ Just don't know quite yet...

btldreef

That stinks about the Flame. My flame grew a taste for Duncans, but never touched anything else, and my Coral Beauty has NEVER touched a coral, and I've had her for over 3 years, moved her to different tanks, etc. As a general rule, I believe Coral Beauties to be safer than Flames with coral nipping, but with all dwarfs, you just never know. Heck, I even had a darn clownfish and a Sailfin tang that ate coral on me
The clown would literally come up to the top of the water while I was feeding, look at the food, swim down and rip apart a coral. His favorite was my beautiful little goniopora
I won't say exactly what happened to him as I didn't see it, but I did donate him to the predator tank at a LFS.