John's New Tank Diary.......

coolguy818

Originally Posted by TriGa22
My old trigger took an eye off of one of my crabs!! The crab is at least 2 years old.
A trigger I can understand........... But a Blenny?

coolguy818

Just finished installing the UV Sterilizer.
Its a Coralife Turbo Twist 3x 9w, I hooked it up to a Maxi Mini 606 106 gph, to get maximum performance. Slow flow is better than fast.
Comments are always welcome.

azfishgal

I'm still debating on getting a UV Sterilizer. So far my tank is doing good without it. Nice set up though.

coolguy818

Thank you....... I added some of the corals back to the tank....
I also added 2 Cleaner Shrimp and a Purple Firefish. Haven't seen him yet. Went into the witness protection program right when I put it in the tank.
Added some of the Zoos back to the tank. I'll take a picture tomorrow when the lights turn back on.

coolguy818

I started adding corals this week..... Since its going to be an SPS dominated tank, That's where I started.
Here are a few for you to look at and hopefully comment on.
Montipora Combo I think its a rare piece, it has 2 types of Montipora attached together.........

Pinkish Blue Millipora

Bluish purple Millipora

Green Acropora (Sorry best pic I could get)

Brown and Green Merulina

coolguy818

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Nice looking corals. I like the Pinkish Blue Millipora the most.

My only friend....... Thank you, it was expensive!!!!!!

scubaguy

Your tank looks like it is coming along fine. I like the inhabitants that you have chosen. I am wanting to upgrade also but have to wait and see if we get a new house or stay where we are. I do not want to try and move a 125 after I get it set up

coolguy818

Originally Posted by ScubaGuy
Your tank looks like it is coming along fine. I like the inhabitants that you have chosen. I am wanting to upgrade also but have to wait and see if we get a new house or stay where we are. I do not want to try and move a 125 after I get it set up

Thanks for the comment, I'm trying to go the more rare route when it comes to inhabitants...... I'm looking for a mystery Wrasse and other types of rare fish. The SPS in the tank are also of the rare breed.

coolguy818

Did a complete water Test today......
Temp - 81.7
PH - 8.2
Ammonia - undetectable
Nitrite - undetectable
Nitrate - undetectable
Phosphate - undetectable
Calcium - 430ppm
Magnesium - 1400ppm
dKH - 9
Specific Gravity - 1.025
Everything is pristine..........

coolguy818

Forgot to mention..... I increased the flow in the tank.
I added a Rio 4HF and another Maxi-Jet 1200 to the front of the tank.
So lets recap
3 Maxi-Jet 1200 = 885gph
1 Rio 4HF = 260gph
1 Lifegard 3000 = 600gph (return pump #1)
1 Rio 10HF = 400gph (return pump #2)
Equals a total of 2145gph of flow = 30.64 turnover rate.
Better than 21 I was getting before.

coolguy818

Here is an update..... I added many more corals today.
Closed Brain

Acanasthrea

Ricordia Farm

Orange/Blue Zoas

Red Goblet Brain

msez2u

The tank is comming along beautiful. I loved the price of the tank to
..keep the great pictures comming. How did you stack the rock. I've seen it many times before but when I try to do it, it looks like I just threw the rock in there lol.

coolguy818

Originally Posted by MsEz2u
The tank is comming along beautiful. I loved the price of the tank to
..keep the great pictures comming. How did you stack the rock. I've seen it many times before but when I try to do it, it looks like I just threw the rock in there lol.
Thank you very much.... The Rocks I didn't do, the Manager from the LFS cam to my house and put it together, he handpicked all the rocks himself.
Also there is a correction to be made. The Montipora I have above is a Superman Montipora....... Still pretty....

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Coolguy818
Thank you very much.... The Rocks I didn't do, the Manager from the LFS cam to my house and put it together, he handpicked all the rocks himself.
That's cheating!
And I believe it's called an "open" brain.
Great looking corals though!