John's New Tank Diary.......

coolguy818

Originally Posted by azfishgal
That's cheating!
And I believe it's called an "open" brain.
Great looking corals though!
Cheating or not, i think it looks good... Tomorrow i'll post a current side view so you can see the shelves he created and the protrusions in the rock formation.

milkman

Nice upgrade! Odd size tank. Be sure not to put anything to close to your Fuzzy Green Hydrnophora it has long tenticals. How is the color of your sps recovering now that your system is in check?
What lfs do you patron?
How is your skimmer working with that big bio-load?

coolguy818

Originally Posted by MilkMan
Nice upgrade! Odd size tank. It was a special ordered thank that was never picked up. So I kinda rescued it also. Be sure not to put anything to close to your Fuzzy Green Hydrnophora it has long tenticals.The Fuzzy Horn is all by its self.. I found that out the hard way, it dismantled a yellow fiji toadstool. How is the color of your sps recovering now that your system is in check? I now have 3 pieces that i'm bringing back to health. I put them in about 3 days ago, so I haven't see much change. But the polyps are all out and flowing.What lfs do you patron? Exotic Life in Topanga Canyon
How is your skimmer working with that big bio-load? Its keeping up for now, I run a UV sterilizer 24/7, so that helps.
I answered in Red.
What LFS do you go to..... Always looking for more places to visit.

coolguy818

woooooooooohoooooooo another good post.
Till now i've only got 1 post that criticized... everything else is so positive.

coolguy818

Wow I did a water test yesterday.
Here are the results
Temp - 81.3
PH - 8.2
Ammonia - undetectable
Nitrite - undetectable
Nitrate - undetcetable
Phosphate - undetectable
Calcium - 420ppm
dKH - 8
Magnesium - 1380ppm
Specific Gravity - 1.024
I'm starting to feel the Calcium and dKH being sucked out of the water.

rldavisou

Sorry for the lack of posts on your thread! I think your tank looks awesome. I can't wait to see what those browned-out acros look like when they get their color back.

coolguy818

Originally Posted by rldavisou
Sorry for the lack of posts on your thread! I think your tank looks awesome. I can't wait to see what those browned-out acros look like when they get their color back.
Mee toooooo. One of them has Neon Green Polyps, and the other brownish almost black polyps.

coolguy818

Here is an update......
New Additions.......
Palythoas Africa

Purple Acropora

More Ricordias

Orange Zoas opened up...

coolguy818

Made some additions:
Also upgraded and nullified my flow issue. Installed 2 MJ Modded 1200's. And I must admit I had my doubts, but the blow the doors off of a Seio and a Tunze any day. Except they are not controllable.....
I now have an earth shattering total flow of 6440gph.
Turnover rate of 92x.
Enough about that, here are some pics:
Lime Green Acropora (MH + T5)

Light Purple Acropora (MH + T5)

Green Monti Cap (MH + T5)

Full Tank Shot 8/24/07 (MH + T5)

Enjoy and please comment.......

coolguy818

I have noticed some new growth already!!!!
The browned out Acros are showing signs of color, unfortunatly my camera can't pick up what my eye can.....

coolguy818

Ok everyone here is an update...... Everything is running very smoothly... (fingers crossed). I got my hand on a few rare pieces. That have acclimated very well. Here are a few new pictures....
Zoo Farm with Monti Combo (MH + T5)

Atlantic Blue Palys and Orange Rim Zoos (MH + T5)

Atlantic Blue Palys Close-Up (MH + T5)

Spiderman Zoos (MH + T5) - Not open yet..

All the Zoo Frags (MH + T5)