Just venting

bronco300

wait, are you serious, a picture will really coax them into hosting a coral???? so i have xenia...if i take a pic of it, and them...and put it together, they will just...get the idea???? stupid fish,lol..just playin

granny

Fantastic pictures!!
Just a note. I was reading in my new reef book the other night that somany of the clowns are tank raised now that they have had no natural contact with anemones, so done know why/how/what to do with them. It is even a possiblity that generations of tank raised clowns may not be able to form that symbiotic relationship.
I have a BTA with a tomato and he jumped on it as soon as it was in the tank-the BTA has remained stable since I put it in.

milomlo

Originally Posted by Granny
Fantastic pictures!!
Just a note. I was reading in my new reef book the other night that somany of the clowns are tank raised now that they have had no natural contact with anemones, so done know why/how/what to do with them. It is even a possiblity that generations of tank raised clowns may not be able to form that symbiotic relationship.
I have a BTA with a tomato and he jumped on it as soon as it was in the tank-the BTA has remained stable since I put it in.
That is a good point. However, don't wild animals of all kinds have "instinct" as to what they are suppose to do?
Heck I don't know I am no expert. I did contact my breeder and she said they should take to it no problem. I sure hope so as I want so bad to see them in this BTA. I know it is suppose to be good for the BTA as well. My breeder did have little tiny "fake" anemones in the tank with all the babies. But they were all so small I don't think they new what they were.

milomlo

Originally Posted by Crox
I don't think the picture will work.

DON'T SAY THAT :mad:
I just hung another picture on the other side of the tank to. Hopefully they will get the idea.
I will keep you posted

granny

i HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT-WHAT A HOOT!
HOWEVER, WE DO KNOW THAT PERCULAS FALSE OR OTHERWISE PREFER THE CARPET ANEMONE, RIGHT?

draczka2

then why is it that i see them all the time in other tanks with btas? in nature they may perfer something different, but i see alot that will host in corals. explain that one.

granny

Just that they 'PREFER' the carpet. If they had their druthers and the two were side by side, they would LEAP into the carpet rather then tippytoe into the bubble.
Certain clowns just prefer certain anemones, but in their absence will often settle for something else!

milomlo

i HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT-WHAT A HOOT!
HOWEVER, WE DO KNOW THAT PERCULAS FALSE OR OTHERWISE PREFER THE CARPET ANEMONE, RIGHT?
Do not tell me that now Granny
I was told to get a BTA on here. I am so glad my sorrow can be entertainment for you :hilarious
I still have my fingers crossed and I am patiently waiting. ***) :hilarious
:hilarious

T

thomas712

If they had their druthers
Wow! you and I must be old, I never hear that expression anymore!
BTA anemones accept the most variety of clown fish, also it's a supply and demand thing. If there are patches of BTA's which breed much quicker than most any other hosting type anemone then believe me a mom and pop setting up shop will soon come by and make a home.
But who wouldn't love the expanse of the Carpet anemone, it just depends on thier level of income.

Thomas

granny

Bubbles are smaller, cheaper, more available and easier to care for which makes them more popular. They also host a wider variety of clowns than most of the others.
That is why I bought a bubble, then a tomatoe or is it tomato? because the BTA is his FIRST choice!
You have to admist the whole picture thing is pretty entertaining. I cant wait to go back to my LFS and tell them about it.
You seem like such a nice person-I am sure your clowns will not disappoint you!

crox

I hope my clowns will host my BTA. If not my wife will kill me. She keeps yealling at me when I buy something for the fish tank.