Just venting

bigpete

GUYS. i hate to stray from the good news from milmo....but i am attempting the same thing with my true percula to host my FROGSPAWN. i taped some pictures from this thread and one i found online on my tank. its been up for a couple days. how long does it usually take. any other tips????

T

thomas712

Sorry bigpete, but there is no guarentee that it will work, only helps give them the idea. At least we hope it does. In fact I can't say for sure it was the pic's that truley did it for milomlo who knows
But at least we know its nothing that will harm anything, and it can't hurt by trying. Everyones sucess or lack thereof will vary.
Good luck
Thomas
I wonder if Bang Guy's reading this thread and silently chuckling to himself :thinking:

milomlo

Originally Posted by HSanchez
my clowns started hosting my xenia a couple days after posting the pics, go figure.

Do you have a BTA? Maybe move the xenia to another tank.

milomlo

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Sorry bigpete, but there is no guarentee that it will work, only helps give them the idea. At least we hope it does. In fact I can't say for sure it was the pic's that truley did it for milomlo who knows
But at least we know its nothing that will harm anything, and it can't hurt by trying. Everyones sucess or lack thereof will vary.
Good luck
Thomas
I wonder if Bang Guy's reading this thread and silently chuckling to himself :thinking:

If he is I want to tell him that is an awesome picture!! Looks so cool. Man I wish I could get great pictures. You guys always make me so jealous.
I notice we haven't heard from Granny - so she is probably rolling over herself. :hilarious
:hilarious

I know my hubby laughed his -$$ off when he saw the pictures on the tank. He thought I had lost it.

milomlo

Some are ok but some have poor quality. Sorry for the bad ones.
These were taken right before lights went out

milomlo

Originally Posted by 1911_Guy
Congrats Milomlo!
If I told anyone at work about this they would surely think I was insane.

Well they may think so, BUT it works

hsanchez

Originally Posted by milomlo
Do you have a BTA? Maybe move the xenia to another tank.

Well my bta is dead now due to a powerhead, and I am currently fighting with ammonia in the tank. So I guess the xenia is fine for them to host.

crox

Milomlo
those pic are nice and I'm getting even more upset
that mine are not doing anything.

milomlo

Originally Posted by Crox
Milomlo
those pic are nice and I'm getting even more upset
that mine are not doing anything.

Crox - don't get discouraged. You saw how long it took mine.
But now they are there. I started with one picture then added the 2nd picture. Then when they started snuggling to the glass I took them both down. Then they did NOTHING. Then I hung 1 back up on the side there were snuggling to. It only took a couple days after that and I didn't have to take the picture down for them to do it. It's was like something clicked in their little heads.

It works!!!!

Don't give up

HSanchez - I am sorry for your loss. My BTA moved everywhere when I first got him. I don't have powerheads in my tank so I didn't have to worry about that. I did worry about my intake on my filter. I covered it up with a media bag, but then that caused my water to get out of wack. But he finally found a spot.
Xenia is better than nothing. At least they are hiding behind a filter where you can't see them
That is what mine were doing.

misfit

Hey has anyone or Thomas been to the Baltimore Aquiarum?They have a tank full of huge ,I mean huge like a car tire, anenomes. They must have like 30 of them in there. Really pretty. You gotta go there.

crox

Originally Posted by milomlo
Crox - don't get discouraged. You saw how long it took mine.
But now they are there. I started with one picture then added the 2nd picture. Then when they started snuggling to the glass I took them both down. Then they did NOTHING. Then I hung 1 back up on the side there were snuggling to. It only took a couple days after that and I didn't have to take the picture down for them to do it. It's was like something clicked in their little heads.

It works!!!!

Don't give up

HSanchez - I am sorry for your loss. My BTA moved everywhere when I first got him. I don't have powerheads in my tank so I didn't have to worry about that. I did worry about my intake on my filter. I covered it up with a media bag, but then that caused my water to get out of wack. But he finally found a spot.
Xenia is better than nothing. At least they are hiding behind a filter where you can't see them
That is what mine were doing.
Where the pictures B&W or color? I print them out my B&W laserjet and I colored the clowns orange.

crox

Originally Posted by misfit
Hey has anyone or Thomas been to the Baltimore Aquiarum?They have a tank full of huge ,I mean huge like a car tire, anenomes. They must have like 30 of them in there. Really pretty. You gotta go there.

They also have those anemones in the Coney Island Aquarium in Brooklyn!!!