KAT74's 14g Biocube Diary

peef

Your clowns are too pretty I think you should send them to me! No seriously right now......now.......NOW.........oh ok you can keep them! I am way jealous of them. I love your elegance also freaken......elegant!

nwdyr

Very cool elegance!!! my fav. LFS has a really nice one but it's 100.00 and kinda large. It was worth the wait! nice choice

spiderwoman

That tank is looking great! What are you going to do to it next now that it's full?
I've been very slow adding things to my 75. I've only moved my clowns over from the old tank so far and added a bit too many new corals.
PS I found a LFS that is an authorized ORA dealer so he is in line waiting for a pair of Picasso's and he has promised those to me. They will go to the 150.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2574250
Thanks! lol. The clownfish on the last picture thats under the brain has one HUGE pink brain! It must be VERY smart!

Of course!! ALL my clowns are smart!
Isn't he cute though, that look on his face??
Originally Posted by peef
http:///forum/post/2574265
Your clowns are too pretty I think you should send them to me! No seriously right now......now.......NOW.........oh ok you can keep them! I am way jealous of them. I love your elegance also freaken......elegant!
I think you should get yourself a pair!
The elegance sure is an appropriate name for this coral, isn't it?

Originally Posted by nwdyr

http:///forum/post/2574930
Very cool elegance!!! my fav. LFS has a really nice one but it's 100.00 and kinda large. It was worth the wait! nice choice

Thanks!~ This one was $89.99 and with my reef club discount, it was actually $80.99, so not bad at all. They had another one that was pink tentacles with pink tips, but I wanted the purple tips.

Originally Posted by Saltyshogun

http:///forum/post/2574959
Your tank looks OUTSTANDING! I love your Picasso Clowns.
Thanks, Saltyshogun!~

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2575005
That tank is looking great! What are you going to do to it next now that it's full?
I've been very slow adding things to my 75. I've only moved my clowns over from the old tank so far and added a bit too many new corals.
PS I found a LFS that is an authorized ORA dealer so he is in line waiting for a pair of Picasso's and he has promised those to me. They will go to the 150.
Thanks, SpiderWoman!~ Well... I'm gonna sit back and enjoy it for awhile....
I'm REALLY trying not to upgrade this one... gonna keep it at 14 gallons.
Do you have a thread for your 75? If so... I'm gonna find it and check it out!~

And yay!! Soooo glad that you found a LFS that is an authorized ORA dealer so that you can get a pair of Picasso's! Let me know when you get them! I wanna see pics!~

nwdyr

Thank you for you'r thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!!! I will be in touch asap ! Don't let anything too fun happen without me

K

kat74

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2575820
Thank you for you'r thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!!! I will be in touch asap ! Don't let anything too fun happen without me

Good luck! We'll be here when you get back!~

K

kat74

Okay, my tank officially has a name.... "House of Picasso".
Looks like I am only going to be able to keep my Picasso's in this tank, which is fine with me. I had to remove my cleaner shrimp from it on Saturday because it continuously harrassed the clowns and wouldn't let them sleep at night. They were totally stressed and exhausted. Tonight, I had to remove my watchman goby. The goby apparently was very territorial and claimed the little area just outside the parameters of the clowns brain. When the clowns played in and around the brain, if they got close to the watchman, he would open his mouth wide and growl at them. When they got TOO close, he would snap at them. Came home from work today and saw that one of my clowns had red marks on him. At first I thought that maybe it was a bacterial infection because of the redness, but when she swam, I saw that these were actually little whelts. She acts normally, swims and eats normally, so it doesn't appear to bother her. I saw the watchman go after her when she played a little too hard and ventured outside of the brain. That was IT. Those whelts were probably from the watchman, wouldn't you agree? It became my mission to catch that little watchman, and I am surprised that I did with my first try! I called my LFS and they were already closed, so they suggested that I put the watchman in a container with holes in it and place it in my tank until tomorrow. Well, I did that and it freaked my clowns out. I didn't want them to stress anymore so I removed the container and took the watchman to my office tank.
All I can say is that the cleaner shrimp was happy to see him!
No one bothered him, so we'll see....
Anyway, take a look at my baby's side...

a mark on the other side too

I'm gonna keep an eye on him and see how it looks tomorrow. If it looks worse, I'm gonna remove him from my tank and set up a hospital tank for him and use some Maracyn 2 and treat it as a bacterial infection.

Oh, and very important... my furbaby, Kobe, goes in for surgery tomorrow morning to have the cancerous tumor removed as well as 3 other benign tumors removed. Please pray for him and keep him in your thoughts for the best possible outcome, that they've caught the cancer at an early stage and my baby won't have to suffer.

clownfish11

get him into a hospital tank before its to late...he should be able to be saved he looks liek his skin is deteriarating(sp?)....omg ur tank is the most beutiful thing ive ever seen....my jaw like actually dropped when i saw it!!!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2576019
get him into a hospital tank before its to late...he should be able to be saved he looks liek his skin is deteriarating(sp?)....omg ur tank is the most beutiful thing ive ever seen....my jaw like actually dropped when i saw it!!!
The pictures make him look worse than he is, but still, he has those marks. I sent a PM to Sepulation with those pics. He is now in there with his/her buddy and no other stressors, and I will keep an eye on him. If he looks worse tomorrow, I will set up a hospital tank and treat him for a bacterial infection with Maracyn 2. I think it's nip marks like what my blenny in my 29 had when my fairy wrasse got a hold of him because I actually witnessed the watchman nip at him. This is what he looked like and 2-3 days later, he was all healed up.

Thanks for the awesome compliment on my tank!!~

K

kat74

Okay... like I said, I'm going to continue to keep an eye on my little clown and see how he looks tomorrow when I come home from work. If I have to set up a hospital tank to treat him with some Maracyn 2, what is the best way to go about doing that in order to use it right away since I don't have one set up already.

Could I get a tank like an Eclipse 5 or 6 gallon and use some water from my display to get started??

rtspeed

thatvwould work fine kim, just remember to, black out the sides of the tank so he doesn't get freaked out. also give him something to hide in.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by rtspeed
http:///forum/post/2576139
thatvwould work fine kim, just remember to, black out the sides of the tank so he doesn't get freaked out. also give him something to hide in.
I'll do that.

Would I have to worry about a cycle when set this tank up? I'm going to use water from my 14g and take out a piece of LR from it to put it in there for him.
I sent a PM to Sepulation along with pics and he seems to think that the marks are hyper-melanization from coral stings. Perhaps he got it from the elegance? They haven't tried to host in it, but I know that they have come out of the brain and have been "curious" about it and I even saw them swim through the tentacles once. I know that the elegance has very "sticky" tentacles, so I can only imagine that it has a very powerful sting. Hope my little buddy is going to be alright.

rebelprettyboy

Yeah elegance has a powerful sting. Loved mine though. tested to see if it could kill aipstia cuz I read it in a book and it did lol. Hope ur clown gets to feeling better?
BIg QUESTION IS did everything go good with the surgery in your family? furbaby Kobe?
Originally Posted by KAT74
http:///forum/post/2576348
I'll do that.

Would I have to worry about a cycle when set this tank up? I'm going to use water from my 14g and take out a piece of LR from it to put it in there for him.
I sent a PM to Sepulation along with pics and he seems to think that the marks are hyper-melanization from coral stings. Perhaps he got it from the elegance? They haven't tried to host in it, but I know that they have come out of the brain and have been "curious" about it and I even saw them swim through the tentacles once. I know that the elegance has very "sticky" tentacles, so I can only imagine that it has a very powerful sting. Hope my little buddy is going to be alright.

halostalker

Hey kim. I'm just loooking at ur pretty pic from work on my iPhone. So sorry to hear about ur clown, I hope it gets better quick:)

K

kat74

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2576355
Yeah elegance has a powerful sting. Loved mine though. tested to see if it could kill aipstia cuz I read it in a book and it did lol. Hope ur clown gets to feeling better?
BIg QUESTION IS did everything go good with the surgery in your family? furbaby Kobe?
I saw a picture of someone's arm after they had contact with an elegance and was shocked. Their body must exhibit that type of reaction to stings. I've moved my elegance around and felt those "sticky" tentacles on me, but never felt an actual "sting" from it. You tested yours against aiptasia??
Wow. And it kills it! I hope my clown gets to feeling better too. They have the best personalities.
and thank you so much for asking about Kobe. He is in surgery right now as I type. The Dr. just called me to reassure me that I will get a phone call as soon as he comes out.

Originally Posted by HaloStalker

http:///forum/post/2576375
Hey kim. I'm just loooking at ur pretty pic from work on my iPhone. So sorry to hear about ur clown, I hope it gets better quick:)
Halooooooooooo!!!~
It's about time you show up around here! And on your iPhone too!!~
I'm totally jealous of you right now! I want one!!

Hope my clown gets better too!

acroshark

hey kat..your tank is looking really nice! I think your clown has some sort of bacterial infection! It looks like its still in an early stage so maybe that hospital tank is a good idea! I hope it does well! :)

halostalker

;) yea I'm busy with work but found that when I'm at work I have some free time LOL. Well ur clown looks more like it would have a bacterial infection then bit marks, ur goby was territorial but I doubt that it would harm ur clown like that. Any way I'm afraid of getting a clarner for a similar reason that some of them are weird and I was scared for my little inverts. Everything in my tank is great ecept I can't clean the glass bc lack of time and a bit lazy :( also any sign of ur emperor bc I'm worried now!!!!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by HaloStalker
http:///forum/post/2576584
;) yea I'm busy with work but found that when I'm at work I have some free time LOL. Well ur clown looks more like it would have a bacterial infection then bit marks, ur goby was territorial but I doubt that it would harm ur clown like that. Any way I'm afraid of getting a clarner for a similar reason that some of them are weird and I was scared for my little inverts. Everything in my tank is great ecept I can't clean the glass bc lack of time and a bit lazy :( also any sign of ur emperor bc I'm worried now!!!!
I went to PetSmart and bought an Eclipse tank to use as a hospital tank and bought some Maracyn 2, but they only had it in freshwater, so I guess I'm supposed to double the dose to use for saltwater.

I've been PM'ing back and forth with Sepulation and he's thinking because there is no heavy breathing and because the fish still swims and eats normally, it is hyper-melanization from coral stings and that there is really nothing to do for that, and that he will stay scarred.
He says that if it's bite/nip marks, it can turn bacterial. I'm hoping for bacterial so that I can treat it and he will hopefully get better.
I also picked up some Melafix and stopped by the house and dosed some that to see if that will help.
It's just so hard to tell what's going on because the other clown has no marks on it at all and the one with the marks is acting like nothing in the world is different.
Hmmmm.....
stay tuned...
Oh, and I never did see my emperor shrimp anymore after the day I added it, so I can only assume that he didn't make it.