KAT74's 14g Biocube Diary

K

kat74

Originally Posted by iyachtuxivm
http:///forum/post/2611991
cool wrasse. Havent seen one around here before I like it. Wonder if it would get along with my filimented flasher? nice tank props to anyone who can keep a little tank like that nice.
I saw one on these boards once and fell in love with it and asked my LFS if they could get one in and after a LOOONG wait, one came in and went into my 29. I've had a sixline wrasse before and knew that sometimes they could be a little aggressive, so I wanted a peaceful wrasse and got some advice from detguy on here and decided on the possum wrasse. Best decision I ever made. It is the sweetest, most peaceful little wrasse. I've enjoyed mine in the 29, so wanted one for my 14 too. I believe that the one I got today is more mature than the one in my 29 because its color is a little different. Anyway, I'm rambling... not sure if it would get along with your filimented flasher. Is it aggressive?
and thanks for the compliments on my tank!~

nwdyr

Hi Kim,
It's been soooo long since I was here it took me like 1/2 hour to get caught up!!
Well as usual EVERYTHING looks GREAT
. Would you believe I finally went to take some pic's today for a much needed update of my threads and my batteries took a dump
well I promise ( I know you have heard that b4 ! ) tomorrow I will update! There is allot to take pic's of so I hope you have not giving up on me yet. Keep up the great work.....I am baaaacccckkk

flricordia

If a prize could go to the one with the most descriptive and facinating tank it would have to go to you KAT74. My hat is off to you. Keeping such a diverse, interesting and beautiful assortment of corals and fish in a 14gl biocube, well, it is one to be most appreciated and recognized of accomplishments in reefkeeping.

clownfish11

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2612331
If a prize could go to the one with the most descriptive and facinating tank it would have to go to you KAT74. My hat is off to you. Keeping such a diverse, interesting and beautiful assortment of corals and fish in a 14gl biocube, well, it is one to be most appreciated and recognized of accomplishments in reefkeeping.

thats saying something

detguy313

sweet possum Kat..that one does look better than your other one..glad to see you got one..i picked up a new fairy today..lots of pink in it so i am sure you would like it..by the way that tank looks better and better everytime i see your pics

K

kat74

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2612305
Hi Kim,
It's been soooo long since I was here it took me like 1/2 hour to get caught up!!
Well as usual EVERYTHING looks GREAT
. Would you believe I finally went to take some pic's today for a much needed update of my threads and my batteries took a dump
well I promise ( I know you have heard that b4 ! ) tomorrow I will update! There is allot to take pic's of so I hope you have not giving up on me yet. Keep up the great work.....I am baaaacccckkk
I wouldn't give up on you! Just hope you're feeling better! I will be looking for your update!~

http:///forum/post/2612331

OMG!! That is the best compliment EVER, especially coming from YOU, who I consider to be the "Lord of the Rics"
with the most AWESOME, colorful tank I've ever seen!
(your ric tank pic is still the background on my puter!) WOW. You've truly made my night. THANK YOU.
BTW.... can't wait to get your rics! I moved the fox coral into my 29 to make room for them!

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11

http:///forum/post/2612334
thats saying something

I know!~ Wasn't that awesome?? I'm soooo not worthy!

flricordia

I wish I did know enough about ricsto deserve the title. With the profession you do there is no choise but to commend you on the quality, workmanship and detail with which you keep your tanks and the posts of you livestock that you share with everyone is one of the highlights for many here. It encourages others to know that owning a nice nano tank can be had with some dedication. Your choise of livestock is superb and one can only appreciate what can be possible with a nano. So many believe that it is difficult to keep nano tanks but that is not true.
I myself have only had 2 tanks over 30 gls in the 15 years I have kept reefs, one a 65 and one a 150 and those didn't last too long. I was not used to larger tanks and jsut couldn't get them to run as smoothly as a nano, but that was because I am more used to nanos than larger tanks and the detail to maintainince comes second hand now without even thinking about it.
Obviously you also are a true nano reefkeeper.
Large tanks are awesome in their own right, but nanos rock.

clownfish11

i hope I win the biocube at my reef meetings christman party or the 90gallon full setup in a few months, which ill sell for a nano. I want a nano sooo bad

blazin2k6

Hey Kim, I have bristleworms bigger than that and they actually live in the same hole as my yashia goby and pistol shrimp and doesnt seem to have a problem with either one of those thank goodness. I wish i could pull the creatures out of my tank but i tried once and i disturbed my tank so much i just left em alone. They dont seem to have ever eaten anything alive in my tank so i dont mess with em. Plus they are good at eating fish poop and unwanted food that didnt get eaten by other fish. Also i have lots of them i guess because everytime i feed my tank i see no less than 5-10 so i just imagine there are way more than that.

K

kat74

http:///forum/post/2612554
I wish I did know enough about ricsto deserve the title. With the profession you do there is no choise but to commend you on the quality, workmanship and detail with which you keep your tanks and the posts of you livestock that you share with everyone is one of the highlights for many here. It encourages others to know that owning a nice nano tank can be had with some dedication. Your choise of livestock is superb and one can only appreciate what can be possible with a nano. So many believe that it is difficult to keep nano tanks but that is not true.
I myself have only had 2 tanks over 30 gls in the 15 years I have kept reefs, one a 65 and one a 150 and those didn't last too long. I was not used to larger tanks and jsut couldn't get them to run as smoothly as a nano, but that was because I am more used to nanos than larger tanks and the detail to maintainince comes second hand now without even thinking about it.
Obviously you also are a true nano reefkeeper.
Large tanks are awesome in their own right, but nanos rock.

Well, you certainly know enough about rics to be the only person that I know that has a tank FULL of them that are THRIVING!! And not just the "usual" or "plain" colored rics either. The most diverse and colorful collection of anyone I know. And to be soooo generous to offer them other hobbyists who have been inspired by you is to be commended. I've heard nothing but great things from people who have gotten rics from you and I look forward to getting mine next week!~

Again... I truly appreciate your compliments. I soooo don't feel "worthy" of them though, but I certainly appreciate it.
I only keep nano's because I don't have time for anything bigger, nor do I know anything about separate things for filtration, skimming, etc..

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2612576
i hope I win the biocube at my reef meetings christman party or the 90gallon full setup in a few months, which ill sell for a nano. I want a nano sooo bad
I hope you win it too!! You need to join us over here as a full time resident of the nano section!

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6

ofollow">
Hey Kim, I have bristleworms bigger than that and they actually live in the same hole as my yashia goby and pistol shrimp and doesnt seem to have a problem with either one of those thank goodness. I wish i could pull the creatures out of my tank but i tried once and i disturbed my tank so much i just left em alone. They dont seem to have ever eaten anything alive in my tank so i dont mess with em. Plus they are good at eating fish poop and unwanted food that didnt get eaten by other fish. Also i have lots of them i guess because everytime i feed my tank i see no less than 5-10 so i just imagine there are way more than that.
Well, I think I just have the one because I haven't seen any others come out and this one comes out everytime I feed the tank. I take my wooden skewer and will try to poke/stab at it, but it's too quick.
The way that it jerked the little crab back, how aggressive it seemed was enough to scare me into wondering what else it could do!
Good to know that it hasn't messed with your shrimp or goby and they share the same hole!
Originally Posted by regina13
http:///forum/post/2613243
Your tank is soooo beautiful! I love the new little guy!
Thanks, Regina!!
Still holding out for the Picasso?

K

kat74

Well! Looks like I am going to be a happy camper next week!
I'm taking a much needed vacation all week and I have some goodies coming in!
I have a pack of rics coming in from Flricordia that I absolutely cannot wait to get!

I will be picking up the following at one of my LFS: 2 yumas, 2 purple duncans, and a small war coral frag.

WHERE am I going to put them?? Well, I took the fox coral out of this tank and moved it into my 29, so I have that whole middle to top left side to work with!~

Sooooo excited!~

R

regina13

[QUOTE/]
Thanks, Regina!!
Still holding out for the Picasso?

Yep! I am trying to figure out where to put it.. lol I have enought to get one now, so it is just the tank..

K

kat74

http:///forum/post/2615463
Yep! I am trying to figure out where to put it.. lol I have enought to get one now, so it is just the tank..
Well.... "where there's a will... there's a way!"

I wanna be the first to know when you get it!~

R

regina13

You will be! After all of your help you should be the first to know!

peef

Sweet new additions!!!! I love em! That possum wrasse is a great addition to your tank. Keep it up!

K

kat74

http:///forum/post/2617941
You will be! After all of your help you should be the first to know!

Can't wait!!

Originally Posted by peef

http:///forum/post/2617956
Sweet new additions!!!! I love em! That possum wrasse is a great addition to your tank. Keep it up!
Thanks, peef!~
I just love the possum wrasses! This one is bigger than the one in my 29.

K

kat74

Nothing new... just today's FTS.

The mid-upper left side is ready for some new additions coming SOON!!

I've had to move the brain over again, closer to the glass on the right side because the elegance is getting bigger and getting closer and closer to it. If my sandbed were deeper in my 29, I would move it into there and get the smaller elegance with pink tips that my LFS just got in.
My clowns are doing really well. It is sweet how they get along. They follow each other around and swim side-by-side, when one is resting alongside the brain, the other will rest beside it or above it and they will nuzzle and nibble on each other very lightly. So cute. They were so funny when they saw the possum wrasse today. The wrasse had been hiding in the back since it went into the tank and today, it came out and swam out in the open. The clowns were swimming around and when they saw him, they rushed back to the brain and stared at him like "WTH is that??"

R

regina13

Your tank is soo beautiful!!!! I say that everytime I post, but I just want you to know how beautiful it is!

nwdyr

Looking at your tank lowers my blood pressure!! It is like a little peace of heaven
Those clowns are just tooo koool !