KAT74's 14g Biocube Diary

K

kat74

Okay.... pics.

First of all, if you're looking to buy rics and Flricordia has some of his for sale, you would be CRAAAAAZY not to get them from him. I didn't even request specific colors or ask about the colors, I just put the choosing in his hands and trusted that whatever he sent, I knew I would be happy with because I know what he keeps in his tanks!
Anyway, they are still settling in, but they are looking fantastic! I glued them onto two rocks. Now looking at them, I don't think I left enough room between them when I glued them... I thought I did, but they've already opened up quite a bit.

Oh, and let me be on record saying that I HATE super glue!
Ric rock

Top part (there is a pinkish/aqua ric with a blue one intertwined here that I can't wait until they unfold!)

Bottom part

This is another ric that was sent, but I couldn't find room for it on the rock, so put it in the front next to my blastos

This pic is soooo not clear, but it's a pic of one of the yumas I got today

K

kat74

I also got 2 heads of purple duncans today.
Aren't they cute??? Purple duncans. Can't wait until they open up!!

and who knew how much of a difference 2 inches would make in moving my other duncan over and placing it right side up instead of sideways?? It's loving it!!

Duncans are quickly becoming one of my favorites! Sooo beautiful!

I took this pic last night while it was eating because it was so much easier to see the new little babies that are sprouting all over the place.

Oh! I also got a pom pom crab today! I hope it finds another hiding place than the brain though, because the clowns will kick his little toosh!

and last, a FTS for those who want it....

iyachtuxivm

HOLY Cr@p that is awsome . (the fts) The duncans are now becoming one of my favorites too, just cant find them lower then like $60 per head around here. Get a good pic of the purples when they open pleeeese!

airforceman

looks like your clowns have migrated over to the elegance lol. Not a bad choice, I would pick it over a bare, open brain lol.
Looks good Kat

R

regina13

It is sad, when I have people over and they ask how my tank plans are coming along, I show them yours as my idea of what I want

johnnyd

nicE TANK! hows the eleagance coral doing? how big will that thing get i was thinking about 1 for my 20g. do your clowns host it and if they do does it bother the coral at all? thx

K

kat74

Originally Posted by iyachtuxivm
http:///forum/post/2624788
HOLY Cr@p that is awsome . (the fts) The duncans are now becoming one of my favorites too, just cant find them lower then like $60 per head around here. Get a good pic of the purples when they open pleeeese!
I looove the duncans! But wow, $60 per head?? I paid $11.50/head for the green ones and $10.50/head for the purple ones with my reef club discount. Oh, and don't worry, you'll be seeing pics of the purples when they open up good on this diary!

Originally Posted by Airforceman
http:///forum/post/2624968
looks like your clowns have migrated over to the elegance lol. Not a bad choice, I would pick it over a bare, open brain lol.
Looks good Kat
The clowns can't make up their mind.
For the majority of the time, they stay in the brain and never leave it, even sleeping under it and in it at night. The female will swim over and play in the elegance and then go back to try to get the male to follow her, which most of the time he will, and they will play in the tentacles together, but they always go back to the brain. The female got stung pretty badly when she first started doing this, but now, I guess she's used to the stings because she doesn't have the marks on her anymore. She's been sucking on its tentacles too, so don't know if she does that to try to get a taste and immunity of the stinging cells?

Originally Posted by regina13

http:///forum/post/2624977
It is sad, when I have people over and they ask how my tank plans are coming along, I show them yours as my idea of what I want
awwww.... *hugs* Regina! But just think... you WILL have a tank and it's going to be even better than mine and someone else will come along and use yours as their inspiration!

Still going with a Picasso tank?

Originally Posted by ng>nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2625053
those ric's are waaaaaay cooooool!!! can I ask how much?? I gotta have some!
They were $100 for 7 awwwwwesome ones, plus $30 for overnight shipping. He also offers cheaper, 2-3 day shipping, but I wanted my rics ASAP!
Get yourself some from him!

Originally Posted by johnnyd
http:///forum/post/2625138
nicE TANK! hows the eleagance coral doing? how big will that thing get i was thinking about 1 for my 20g. do your clowns host it and if they do does it bother the coral at all? thx

The elegance is doing great!! I had to move it over again this morning because it's becoming a little cramped where it is because it keeps spreading out. I have to do the move in the morning when it's shrunk in to its skeleton because that little booger has some strong stinging tentacles!
I'm sure that it can get pretty big and my choice at that time would have to be finding someone to frag it because I definately don't want to get rid of it. If you're thinking about getting one for your 20, make sure that you get an Aussie elegance as they tend to do a lot better in our systems than the Indo Pacific ones.
The clowns don't really "host" in it, they really just play around in it, swimming in and out of the tentacles and then swim back to their brain. It doesn't seem to bother the elegance at all.

peef

Suhweeeet! Love the new rics and duncans and pom pom! I wish that I had a good LFS around here. Mine is pretty terrible, to get anything decent I have to drive over 2 hours.

R

regina13

I think I am going to wait till I get my bigger tank to get the picasso's.
I am not shure I want to spent 400.00+ for a tank and two picassos when they will be going into a bigger tank in a matter of months.
I really dont want to put them in a small tank either.
The upside is, I can get two for my big tank!!!!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by peef
http:///forum/post/2625447
Suhweeeet! Love the new rics and duncans and pom pom! I wish that I had a good LFS around here. Mine is pretty terrible, to get anything decent I have to drive over 2 hours.
Thanks, peef!~

I get my stuff from a variety of "LFS" around me... anywhere from 10 mins away to an hour away. All of my Aussie stuff (elegance and duncans) I got from a LFS an hour from me.
Originally Posted by regina13
http:///forum/post/2625452
I think I am going to wait till I get my bigger tank to get the picasso's.
I am not shure I want to spent 400.00+ for a tank and two picassos when they will be going into a bigger tank in a matter of months.
I really dont want to put them in a small tank either.
The upside is, I can get two for my big tank!!!!

That sounds like a good plan!
I certainly can't wait until you get your tank set up and get those Picasso's and see what beauty you come up with!

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11

http:///forum/post/2626183
whens the tank gonna get setup?
Hmmm... I think I'm gonna set up another tank in about 3 months.

j/k! I knew you were probably asking Regina this!

K

kat74

Today is the first day I have been able to get a pic of my possum wrasse aside from when I first put him in the tank and he thought he blended in with my mushrooms.
When he sees me coming with the camera, he retreats to the back of the tank every single time.
Tonight, he's been okay with getting his pic taken and OMG! I had noooo idea he was as pretty as he is! He is ALL decked out in pink!
Pink lips, pink outlines... just gorgeous!

This pic isn't as clear, but you can see the pinks all over.

I took some daisy polyps from my 29 and put them on a frag disk for this tank.

Purple duncan starting to open up pretty well!

Ric rock today

Last.... FTS. I had to move my torch over because it started stinging my green duncan. I moved my red coco worm in its place and put the daisy polyps above that.