KAT74's 29g Biocube Diary

K

kat74

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2529515
as usual I turn my head for a min. and you'r one upping me I thought I was the only one that "hand feed's" I also am always re-arranging my tank, so my little guy's are used to me too. I did a water change tonite and did some houskeeping while I was in there. My brother can't figure out why I won't go out to the bar's with him anymore, My fish are nicer than anybody I meet at a bar! I don't know if that's a good thing or not Can't wait to see you'r new tank! My b-day is comming up soon, sooooo I think something fishy is in order! You'r food combo sound's good I think i will try that. Since I stayed in tonite, now I can get up early and go to the LFS for some new treats for my fish!!
It's good to know that I'm not the only one that hand feeds!
I only hand feed when I give them pellets. The other stuff, I just put it in there because I refuse to have my fingers smell like that stuff!~
And tell your brother that EVERYONE knows that fish are nicer than most people in bars!
So happy that your fire shrimp is starting to come out more!~
and happy early Birthday!!

Originally Posted by MaTT B
Ya I did not even mention the pix Your clowns are spoiled lmao! Mine are to! they will let me pet them and everything!!
and THAT is why I have to get another tank!
Seriously. Because I just can't let go of these as I did with my other clowns! They have the most endearing personalities of any fish I've ever had, and I'm keeping them forever.
I wanted to try Picasso's again and order them from here, and if I get them and am happy with the pair I get, these little boogers are going home with me in the 14. And don't pick at me and my clowns.... you spoil yours too! Mine won't let me pet them!~
Originally Posted by HaloStalker

wow wow wow, gratz on ordering the 14gal it will be fun=P, ur clowns are just so cool i really like how they look, i sort of want clowns for mine which i never wanted lol. and ur pom pom is taunting me
yea the emperor shrimp is really nice but i find that all the shrimp and crabs i order are sick but u'll see what i mean when i have them in my tank=P. Im pretty sure it will do great in ur tank just take it slow and let the shrimp acclimate and not do something like my little shrimp did.(b/c of that i think i will always keep filterfloss in the sump lol.)
I just hope ur paying a decent price for him b/c i have seen some ridiculous prices and im afraid of even trying my LFS b/c they over price everything like a pom pom for 25 buckz come on.
Nice on the polyps and coco worm can't wait to see it
=P great update.
I saw your latest post where you are ordering every invert out there! ;) I hope they all do well for you and I can't wait for you to post pics! And I totally think you should get you a pair of n-a-k-e-d clowns for your tank!
I hope my LFS charges me a decent price on the emperor shrimp too! How much did you have to pay for yours?
Originally Posted by rtspeed
Kat why not get a mated pair of aussie blue strip clown as you haven't had a pair of them yet LOL..
I don't really like them.
They look like regular 'ol clarkii's to me.
The only other clowns that I am interested in that I haven't tried yet are Picasso's, maroons, and brown saddlebacks.

K

kat74

I forgot about these from yesterday! The guy who maintains our tank in the lobby brought me some freebies.

a mustard yellow colored zoa frag with some orange centered zoas

couldn't get a shot that showed the right color of this little frag... it's a dark green with bright green center zoa frag

I couldn't get a good pic of the bright green gsp frag that he gave me. It's very small. I glued it to the rock and am seriously thinking about removing it from that rock and glueing it to the back wall so that hopefully, the gsp will grow on it! Think I should try it?

and had to share this... my little possum wrasse being curious...

and one of my sweet little clowns. LOVE the white mark on his cheek!

halostalker

yea i like the new pic ~very pretty~
love ur new frags and the possum wrasse is looking sick i love it, also as i do ur clowns and i bet that one is the female b/c it looks like a earing
. yea i got GSP too and it came on this long piece of purple stuff the guy scraped it off for me off his tank at home(it was growing on the back wall), so far i put it on a rock but i would love for it to actually grow on the back wall. i might try to put it as soon as i can get that gel crazy glue.
=P i would love

[hr]
clowns but i think my mandarin would get mad at me

i'll try to get the Flaming prawn gobys first, b/c i want to do something different that prob no one has tryed hehe=P
and i'll post pic's first thing i can, also i used my credit card for the emperor shrimp lol

K

kat74

Originally Posted by HaloStalker
http:///forum/post/2530994
yea i like the new pic ~very pretty~
love ur new frags and the possum wrasse is looking sick i love it, also as i do ur clowns and i bet that one is the female b/c it looks like a earing
. yea i got GSP too and it came on this long piece of purple stuff the guy scraped it off for me off his tank at home(it was growing on the back wall), so far i put it on a rock but i would love for it to actually grow on the back wall. i might try to put it as soon as i can get that gel crazy glue.
=P i would love

[hr]
clowns but i think my mandarin would get mad at me

i'll try to get the Flaming prawn gobys first, b/c i want to do something different that prob no one has tryed hehe=P
and i'll post pic's first thing i can, also i used my credit card for the emperor shrimp lol
Thanks, sweetie!~

That possum wrasse should be turning some shade of red when it matures. I like the way it is right now, but I'm sure I'll get used to the new look!

and the clown that you see above is actually the male!
The female is larger and has the white mark on the opposite cheek and she has a tiny bit of white at the top where the middle bar would have been. I'm telling you... she doesn't mess around. She is clearly the boss. Sometimes she will have to keep the male in check and he is quick to do the little submissive dance for her.
And yeah, you can't type n-a-k-e-d right out on this board.
Don't get the n-a-k-e-d clowns then... wouldn't want your mandarin princess to get upset.

I'm hoping that when I pick up my stuff next weekend that the LFS still has some flaming prawn goby's in because I've never seen one except for in pictures. If you get yours, definately post pics!~

K

kat74

http:///forum/post/2531061
ok big sis

There ya go.... we are one big dysfunctional cyber reefing family!
ETA: Gah! I just looked at your profile. I am 18 years older than you???? Then I MIGHT actually be old enough to be your MOM!~

K

kat74

http:///forum/post/2531071
How come I post in your thread and you never post in my thread?

Where IS your thread??

I'm gonna go find it.... and you need to go back and look at my edited comment above.

halostalker

lmao night everyone
yea kat i'll get everything once i can get some money, i think i will buy a refugium and a chiller next. but idk and i have the urge to get another tank i have a 10 gallon in my room that is so ugly lmao i don't take care of it and it only has some LR and is alll algae even doh i don't have a light on it and just for fun i really stired up all the LR and its all brown silt now hehehe.
i want to get a rimless 10 gallon it looks so sick for 88 buckz but i need to chill out b/c i have a jbj 28 gallon heheh. maybe in the future i can set up another tank in my room or i'll make the 10 gallon a frag tank by putting a viper clip on it and i'll get one of those little 3 gallon pics for my desk so i can remove a little invert once in a while and have it in there to observe easier.
yea im beat too sweetdreams.

flricordia

KAT74, you have one of the coolest selection of livestock in a nano and some of the most beautiful I have seen. Thanks for sharing it all.