Lagoonal Reef

L

lionfish18

I wasnt able to go to the links. There was a sort of no respond or error.

bang guy

Originally posted by oscardeuce
Nice job Bang,
What will your doctorate be in?

Sorry I missed this one!
Complexity Theory

bang guy

Originally posted by Lionfish18
I wasnt able to go to the links. There was a sort of no respond or error.

The website must be down. I'll look into it.

stw280

Bang the website is still down I was wondering if you could post a picture or two of the lagoon on SWF.com Thanks alot as a newcomer I can really say your post have helped me out a lot. I don't know where my tank would be without this site.

jenn-e

Bang Guy that is so awesome. Thank you for walking us through it, you are the greatest for sharing all of your knowledge with us. I also would like to see recent pics. :)

sergeant

Bang
I have to say, WOW. Outstanding Job.
I would like to see the kit for the DIY skimmer. Can you post some pics on that project???

yellowtail

Originally posted by Bang Guy
And here's the inside of the bucket. On the right is the intake. It goes all the way down to avoid spashes & bubbles. The 'N' shaped plumbing causes the water to accumulate until it's over the 'N' and then it starts a siphon. The siphon is broken once all of the water drains and it starts to fill back up again.

could you make a simpl diagram such as in "Paint" to show exactly how the siphon starts and how this works?
"These are the Surge buckets.
32 gallon Rubbermain roughnecks. The are plumbed so that they fill with about 25 gallon of water and then a siphon starts and dumps the water into the Lagoon. The two are not synchronized so once in a while they both let go at once and this actually makes a wave that breaks on the far wall.
"
could you elaborate on this a little bit more im a little bit confused?
:confused: