LARGE Plywood Tank Build

nwdyr

NIce
I have been in the hospital for surgery so I have not been around for awhile. It is looking GREAT!!! Like everyone ( and you of course
) can't wait to see water in this bad boy!!!

hocky

I might have to come pick your brain a bit one of these days... I am looking for a big tank to be a room seperator at my new house, but I haven't had much luck. As such, I am considering a big plywood tank.

bronco300

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2587153
NIce
I have been in the hospital for surgery so I have not been around for awhile. It is looking GREAT!!! Like everyone ( and you of course
) can't wait to see water in this bad boy!!!
thanks, i'm kind of slowing right now as i have to decide how i'm going to epoxy the corners...
Originally Posted by Hocky

http:///forum/post/2587258
I might have to come pick your brain a bit one of these days... I am looking for a big tank to be a room seperator at my new house, but I haven't had much luck. As such, I am considering a big plywood tank.
haha, fine with me, come over sometime and check it- just let me know when--

bronco300

welp...tonight i put it as close to 45deg as i could to start the corners...with it being small coats hopefully i can do the quicker

iyachtuxivm

I wouldnt worry too much about the speed of the light rail. It will just simulate cloud movement that is if it is a continous motion. A friend of mine has one on his tank its 8 feet long he uses 1 super duper metal hylide light. I think its 400 watts some crazy reflector and its 14k I believe. The light travles from one side to the other in 15 min. He used a resister in line to slow its travel some for his own enjoyment. Mostly sps and they grow like mad.

bronco300

lol, i forgot to get pictures this morning, i'm doing the corners right now...i'm not getting a 45deg like i want, but close enough to get a good layer...i'll get pictures tonight though!!
as for the lightrail i'm not worried, just was anticipating the sunrise effect etc...it'll still be sweet

bronco300

next corner away!...seems like i may be able to get three coats in during one day with the weather being up, or using my heater/light to heat the area up...which makes for faster epoxying of the corners.

wavebox is a bit hard to tell since i'm not going to waste my black pigment on something not even seen...so you can kind of tell where the epoxy is.

bronco300

haha, well we're getting to that, just not as important as the fish tank

and yep, the tank stand is also in process of getting sprayed
i did however mess up last night by moving it too early...the epoxy in the wavebox was not hard enough, and although i thought i'd be fine...it sagged on me..so i screwed that up, but i put a coat again on it this morning after moving it back.

you can kind of see where the ripples now are in the epoxy

bronco300

more pictures over the weekend, didnt have the computer cord right away....so i got all the corners on one side down, and today starting on the other side

and todays

and my little helper:

ironeagle2006

Your little helper if it is anything like mine is going I can not wait til the box is full of this that I can go FISHING FOR FOR MY DINNER. Since mine has ate Voiltain Lionfish and when I had freshwater I lost track of the number of fish she would catch. Heck at one point I was buying her feeder Goldfish to keep her from eating my freaking Angels she was that bad. Nothing stopped her at least til my triggers took a bite out of her paws.

bronco300

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/2594817
Your little helper if it is anything like mine is going I can not wait til the box is full of this that I can go FISHING FOR FOR MY DINNER. Since mine has ate Voiltain Lionfish and when I had freshwater I lost track of the number of fish she would catch. Heck at one point I was buying her feeder Goldfish to keep her from eating my freaking Angels she was that bad. Nothing stopped her at least til my triggers took a bite out of her paws.
haha, soukie(the cat) will not even have access, poor her
she likes to sit on top of my tank right now...crazy cat
Originally Posted by Stachy

http:///forum/post/2596905
wow, just a-maze-ing!!!

thanks!!
put on second coat this afternoon
corners are almostttttttttt done!

bronco300

thanks...working on the final side corner, then just...lets see FOUR MORE SIDES in the actual tank...i have more in the wavebox but not sure how that is working out...but anyways, here is the update pic
crappy pic sorry