LARGE Plywood Tank Build

bronco300

it may be beginning of next week...i'll put down the last coat of epoxy tonight...then i should be ready for glass i think.

bronco300

I didnt do a coat like i thought i would be able to, but i did glue some plumbing together that i could after playing some more...and i flipped the tank so i could epoxy the last coat tomorrow

nwdyr

I showed my son the pic's today and he wants to know when we can come over for a dive!
Can't wait to see the glass
I am living my reef dreams thru your updates!!!!............sad but true

bronco300

haha, i don't think any scuba diving will be happening anytime soon...maybe i'll have to get one of these so i can dunk my head in to work and search it

bronco300

well today i put seals around the window area...tomorrow i'll sand off any edges of the epoxy...i've ripped myself up a couple times on it...today again with my hand...had quite a nice little gash, probably just short mm of bleeding much worse...but i'll get that all fixed tomorrow hopefully...then soon after we're hoping for glass IN the tank

jimvette1

Bronco300;2702241 said:
well today i put seals around the window area...tomorrow i'll sand off any edges of the epoxy...i've ripped myself up a couple times on it...today again with my hand...had quite a nice little gash, probably just short mm of bleeding much worse...but i'll get that all fixed tomorrow hopefully...then soon after we're hoping for glass IN the tank

Ripped yourself up huh? RUB SOME DIRT ON IT!

GLASS!

bronco300

lol, well hopefully tonight I'll finish all the sanding down...i still need to paint on a thin layer around the eurobracde to make sure everything is covered there as well....but that can be done anytime...then for the glass...maybe if the whole community chants glass we'll get it in sometime,haha I have to get some styro wrap so i can wray the corners well so i don't have to worry about the glass jamming into the inside epoxy and tearing it up. SO CLOSE!

bronco300

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2702623
At WORK!
Sounds like you need to get your priorities straight young man!!!

haha, yeaaaaaa... i wish i could put my tank first, but i figured if i want a house to put the tank in i better go.
Originally Posted by Hefner413

http:///forum/post/2702887
Did you get that bowing issue fixed?
its a crown bow so nothing really i can fix i dont think unless i take off teh whole thing, so i'll be putting shims underneath.

hefner413

uhhh. hey bronco... you've done great so far, but just thought I'd let you know that the glass is on the wrong side of the tank bud.
Hey! Did you get any pics of squeezing that little piece of glass in there???

bronco300

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2703460
uhhh. hey bronco... you've done great so far, but just thought I'd let you know that the glass is on the wrong side of the tank bud.
Hey! Did you get any pics of squeezing that little piece of glass in there???
haha, well lucky for me i didn't seal it in yet

i didn't get any pictures because it was just me and the wife, so no one else to take pictures, sorry.

spanko

High end build, nothing but the best materials, seems like months of painstaking attention to detail and then...................
1/2 dozen or so DHL packages used for shims!!!!!!
WTF

bronco300

haha, they're only to give the glass some support for now, cut me some slack!!!! you should see the PILE of those bubble packages just to the left,haha...i used them to help me move the glass closer

spanko

Just yanking your chain bud!
What is the old saying? Necessity is the mother of invention!
Anyway it is looking awesome!