LARGE Plywood Tank Build

hefner413

man, I really like the angles - makes it look more like it was part of the design of the house to begin with.
If you end up putting the marble on up to the glass, won't it take away around 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the display away?

bronco300

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2776108
man, I really like the angles - makes it look more like it was part of the design of the house to begin with.
If you end up putting the marble on up to the glass, won't it take away around 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the display away?
i dont know, never used marble or granite, i'll most likely do it to the top of the wood

bronco300

hangin, you kiddin,lol...what else do you want? here are some more pictures--i bought a pair of 2x39w T5 current usa fixtures...one will go on each size of the tank...that way when the MH hoods are to the far right with the lightrail, then I'll still have nice light there for the few minutes its there.

brandan

Hopefully the glass comes in soon so I can get started on the sumps and get this thing all plumbed up!!!
Pics look great.

reefkprz

I couldnt do it. nope not at all. I couldnt have a tank that I can veiw from the front but not stick my hands into, it would drive me crazy.
the project is coming along great bronco, everything looks good. I really like the under ground pipes for the eel.
I have to ask how your liking the ocean motion? I've been eyeballing them but they are darn expensive.

bronco300

thanks guys! For the front I think maybe once we get the flagstone, i could figure out a way to put some on a hinger to play with...we'll see...I still think it sucks..I like to see my fish when i feed them.
The OM unit is nice, but it already seized up becuase a piece of sand i guess...so that kinda sucks...I'm not running it right now so i dont have to worry about it till i get the water filtered in case something feel in ..i'll start getting furious if i have to keep taking it apart.

Looking good. I can't wait to see the first fish swimming around. Are you going with a reef tank or fish only, or keeping it down to softies, or some combo?

iowafish

Impressive build. Now that I'm caught up on the tank portion, I think we're all equally as excited to see your sumps come together, Bronco. What are your plans, anyway?
Very cool either way.
KH

grubsnaek

haha im 27 yrs old, my girl friend of 9 years caught me looking at this thread, and mentioned under her breath, "i wouldnt mind that" meaning she actually likes the tank.
basically hinting towards an approval for future builds. i had either fresh or saltwater my whole life, so she knows shes stuck with a tank.hahaha
but this project is coming together nicely....

bronco300

Originally Posted by privatejoker
http:///forum/post/2779573
Looking good. I can't wait to see the first fish swimming around. Are you going with a reef tank or fish only, or keeping it down to softies, or some combo?
Thanks--I plan on doing a mixed reef, might be getting a bit more into some caps and montis...I always love milleporas.
Originally Posted by IOWAFISH
http:///forum/post/2779818
Impressive build. Now that I'm caught up on the tank portion, I think we're all equally as excited to see your sumps come together, Bronco. What are your plans, anyway?
Very cool either way.
KH
thanks!! what doy ou mean by what are my plans? I will be getting the glass for my sumps on sunday, so hopefully get them together next week. then i'll get the plumbing up easily and away I go!
Originally Posted by grubsnaek

http:///forum/post/2780129
haha im 27 yrs old, my girl friend of 9 years caught me looking at this thread, and mentioned under her breath, "i wouldnt mind that" meaning she actually likes the tank.
basically hinting towards an approval for future builds. i had either fresh or saltwater my whole life, so she knows shes stuck with a tank.hahaha
haha, take it while you can!!!!!!

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
http:///forum/post/2780129
You better do it before you put a ring on that finger. Once you do its over

bronco300

Well no real updates...the glass sheets have not gotten here, and now I have to wait for a MONTH for them to bring them to me...

But I do have some fish waiting for me--an achilles tang swimming around(at the lfs for now)...some heniochus that are in my 75 right now..and two flashlight fish...I'll have to see about getting some pictures...the heniochus have been in the 75 for probably 4weeks now and are doing great...the flashlight fish had come in to the store today. I can't wait to be able to add them to the tank, its gonna be so great...the tank is doing great...I just wish i had those sumps so i can finish the plumbing up. Then I can finish up by getting the lighting completed...but that can wait if all I am doing is adding fish.