LARGE Plywood Tank Build

drtito

Did you get an exact count of how many galons it was so far ?

Now I see where the BIG TANK sickness comes from WOW.

bronco300

i havent measured the actual dimensions of the inside of the tank so no real gallon, but it should be approc 475 without the sumps...and the sumps should be 100gallon each(filled half full).....oh another note, here is a video of the flashlight fish...its dark so all you can really see is their "light" moving around.

A

arlene1995

Those flash-light fish are AWESOME!!! Is there anything special regarding their care? I am actually kinda considering them at the moment....

bronco300

they are a bit more difficult species...from what i've read it can be hard to get them to eat...so you may have to do live food and ween them to frozen foods. And you have to make sure they have darker caves so they have places to hide since they like the darker areas....theyre bigger than what i thought, maybe about 3" or so...but theyll look amazing in the 475...there are a couple different lightfish species..one that is harder to keep than the other, but i cant remember the sepcies name right now...but I believe the one is caught in the phillippines, which apparently I've heard alot of catchers there use cyanide(sp)...but so just I'd just make sure they're eating already.

A

arlene1995

Ok. I had a feeling that it was something with diet. I might missed it but, how many of them are in the 475? At anyrate, they will DEFINITELY look amazing in there...

bronco300

haha, thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for making my fish worthless...if only i would have known about the maglight and lightning bug trick, son of a!!!! lol, JERKS!

There are only two going to be in the 475..i could maybe get more, we'll see how these two do though, i don't want to waste money if they don't end up doing well.

iowafish

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2780210
what doy ou mean by what are my plans?
When I asked about your sump plans, I was just curious what sort of configuration you were planning for this set up. I see now that you're planning 2, 100gl tanks. Cool. Are you going to run parallel (i.e. identical) set ups, or do you plan to have a macro-farm fuge in one, other components in the other? Just generally curious what you're planning, that's all.
I guess I'm just suffering from large-tank-jealousy syndrome along with everyone else.
Cool flashlights, by the way. Can you post a pic of them with the lights on?
KH

bronco300

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
http:///forum/post/2785612
Hey Bronco,Its turning out fantastic man.You have truly done a very nice job with such a huge DIY project.
Thanks bud, it took a long time to get done, but I'm very happy with it.
Originally Posted by IOWAFISH

http:///forum/post/2785716
When I asked about your sump plans, I was just curious what sort of configuration you were planning for this set up. I see now that you're planning 2, 100gl tanks. Cool. Are you going to run parallel (i.e. identical) set ups, or do you plan to have a macro-farm fuge in one, other components in the other? Just generally curious what you're planning, that's all.
I guess I'm just suffering from large-tank-jealousy syndrome along with everyone else.
Cool flashlights, by the way. Can you post a pic of them with the lights on?
KH
haha...basic plans will be having a skimmer in one, and a refuge in the other..and hide other equipment like heaters,etc....they will run one after the other according to the stands openings if you look at one of those pictures...which then will go to a reeflo dart to return to the tank.

bronco300

Originally Posted by privatejoker
http:///forum/post/2786483
Those flashlight fish are really cool. This way you have fish during the day and at night. I'd never go to sleep.
haha, thats right...now when the wife and i fight, I'll volunteer to go sleep on the couch downstairs,lol

here are some pictures of them under actinics...they've turned off their lights for now it looks like, hopefully they're getting used to the tank alright.

nwdyr

Did I miss something??? to busy being a wise guy...is that your tank?? so you already got the fish??? what the....who the.... man I gotta cut down on the norco's

bronco300

lol, pay attention! you and spanko(who has been MIA) have been out drinkin too much...this is my 75 right now...no fish will go into the 475 for a few more weeks still

spanko

HaHa. Hey Bronco, last pics I saw was the in wall with some t5's added and some nice rockwork. Then pictures of the headlights in the dark and in some subdued light in another tank. Some talk about a sump or two and very little real progress on the plywood.
As always just hanging loose waiting for some real progress.......(heehee)
You really have done an incredible job on this build. I look forward to you continuing posts as this tank moves forward. You must be very proud of your accomplishment here, if you aren't you are too modest.
I applaud you sir!!!!!!

yukon

Coming this Fall to Bronco300's Plywood Tank "Eating Nemo"

I couldn't resist it. It's the first thing I though of when you mentioned flashlight fish. I think the 500 times I watched finding nemo with my daughter has something to do with it. But anyways it's looking good Bronco!!! It's coming along quite nicely