LARGE Plywood Tank Build

acrylic51

Sorry Bronco....I thought I read at the begining that the height was 30"........I don't think you need a brace necessarily to span the length of the tank in the front as well, but don't see what issue it would really cause.......What material are you planning on using for your cross braces?

bronco300

no problem, the tank itself will be 30...but the glass will only be 24"....the braces will be out of my 1x6 with epoxy layered on top of that which will help the strength even more.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2478756
no problem, the tank itself will be 30...but the glass will only be 24"....the braces will be out of me 1x6 with epoxy layered on top of that which will help the strength even more.

bronco300

i'm reconsidering the spray bar....what do you guys think of taking off that and using just the seq5500 for the return in an oceans motion 8way?....i just dont see those 8 outputs, how you plumb that all up with out making your plumbing insane....maybe i shouldnt even think of it

brandan

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2479440
i'm reconsidering the spray bar....what do you guys think of taking off that and using just the seq5500 for the return in an oceans motion 8way?....i just dont see those 8 outputs, how you plumb that all up with out making your plumbing insane....maybe i shouldnt even think of it
I think that a 4-way would be just fine. They claim they are good up to 7500gph. I would imagine 4 outlets would be plenty of random flow, if you wanted, you could split some of them after they come out of the OM to provide more outlets if thats why you were looking into an 8-way.

bronco300

well from what i hear breaking them up into more outlets hasn't gone as well either...i dont know...have to think about it more.

ameno

the plumbing would be insane on an 8-way, but if I were you thats what I would go for, besides you only have to do this insane plumbing once and then it's done, should be no problem for someone that can build there own tank

advantages would be having lots of flow options, but the OM's do restrict flow when you pump thru them, rough estimate I would plan for around 25% flow reduction. but quite and smooth operation and good random flow.

I remember moving onto my house and how much trouble I had getting my 7' couch in and around corners. Hopefully its a strait shot to werever your putting this thing. Its going to be sweet though.

brandan

Originally Posted by 987654321
http:///forum/post/2482407
I remember moving onto my house and how much trouble I had getting my 7' couch in and around corners. Hopefully its a strait shot to werever your putting this thing. Its going to be sweet though.
It is going to be in-wall inside the garage

bronco300

Originally Posted by ameno
http:///forum/post/2482237
the plumbing would be insane on an 8-way, but if I were you thats what I would go for, besides you only have to do this insane plumbing once and then it's done, should be no problem for someone that can build there own tank

advantages would be having lots of flow options, but the OM's do restrict flow when you pump thru them, rough estimate I would plan for around 25% flow reduction. but quite and smooth operation and good random flow.
haha, yea...we'll see--wish i knew what kind of flow reduction i would actually go through with everything to know if my 5500 would handle a 8 OM and still get good ending flow

bronco300

Originally Posted by 987654321
http:///forum/post/2482407
yep, thankfully i am in the room that it connects to and i'll do is cut a whole in the wall and put it in,lol

bronco300

well tonight i did the bottom front piece...i wanted to do more but need more clamps, i wish i had 3 more already...but these will do...i guess i could have put in some 45s, forgot about those tonight...just a few more pieces though. PLUS the epoxy is on the way!!

acrylic51

What's the flow of the 5500 Sequence Bronco??? Your going to need to push the 8Way something serious IMO.....I went with the recommendation of the Dart on the 8Way and the flow was horrible IMO....there is a good bit of restriction through the 8Way. My HammerHead is going to be used on the 8Way for the new setup, and still won't get the max out of the HammerHead through the OM.....Plumbing it isn't that bad....just time consuming though.

acrylic51

Hey Bronco....do you go over to --? Just came across a nice plywood build and might give you some ideas you might be looking for......

bronco300

the 5500 is 5500gph
no, i don't go over to -- ever, to much of a pain to search so i just forget it....i've seen a couple plywood works over there before but havent gone over since.
do you have a picture of when you plumbed in your 8way previously?

B

bonita69

Hey maybe after you get done with your tank you could finish off the garage!!!!

Mine was super messy much more than yours I have to admit!! My Boys where always complaining about it so for x-mas I gave them this!!!!
I worked 12-16hrs a day for 3 solid weeks BY MYSELF!! My Boys had NO idea of What I was building them for X-MAS. I don't work so I was able to work while they where at work and school. They was not aloud in Garage once I started my makeover!
BEFORE

AFTER

bronco300

haha, thats pretty sweet...once i get the tank done the garage is next...i have a stand i need to get rid of because i have absolutely no use for it...thatll clear up a ton it,lol...then have to just chop up that darn christmas tree and move other things...too much junk