LARGE Plywood Tank Build

bronco300

there are two lumen brights...a mini and large...
Mini: 15 1/2 x 16 1/2 x 7 H
Large: 20 x 20 x 9 H
and it says to add 7" for socket bracket
i have seen these compared to some other reflectors on pools that measure 8 FT in diameter...the lumen brights light the entire pool...now granted the outer rim is dimmer...but it still brights fairly well the entire pool...and probably a 3ft or so radius the best.

bronco300

I got quite a bit done tonight...now i just have to get the wood for the bracing...i think it looks pretty good.

B

bonita69

Just was wondering how are you planning on coating the wavebox looks a bit tight to get your hands in to roll it on, or is going to be sprayed on?

bronco300

freakin.....you just reminded me i was going to wait to attach the box so i could epoxy it seperately...JUNK!!!!
oh well, i can still do without, just more trouble...dang it....the wavebox is about 6" wide, so it will be fine to epoxy, i just have to do the bottom first and then the sides so i dont get anything on my arms...oh and i'm pouring the epoxy and using a spreader.

rookiefish

man the tank looks good so far. i wish i had checked this out alot sooner we had pretty much all the wood you could ask for to finish this tank, we just cleaned out a job that we had and i burned it all since we didnt need it for anything?! man i knew this was going to happen!!! keep up the good work!!!! will defantly follow along

bronco300

Originally Posted by rookiefish
http:///forum/post/2469329
man the tank looks good so far. i wish i had checked this out alot sooner we had pretty much all the wood you could ask for to finish this tank, we just cleaned out a job that we had and i burned it all since we didnt need it for anything?! man i knew this was going to happen!!! keep up the good work!!!! will defantly follow along
hahaha, aw man that would have saved alot!! lol, oh well

yannifish

Looks great! Is the tank ten feet without the wavebox? And, I was looking through the fish on this site (and others, for that matter) and noticed that this picture of the Bangaii cardinal is of your fish. Are those guys going in this tank? I bet they would like a ten ft tank!

bronco300

haha....they would love it, however i no longer have them..i had a mass murder a while back and lost them
the tank is about 10.5' without the wavebox..

yannifish

Thats sad. Are you going to get another pair? They seem like cool fish. I'm planning on getting one for my tank.

wattsupdoc

Bronco, I've got a pair that have mated, twice now. However the stupid male hasn't figured out yet how to complete the deal.
He has aborted twice. I do plan however to mate these and try to pair a few up. Send them to other aquariust who I know would be dedicated to raising a few. You interested? They're free, just pay shipping. Let me know, we'll discuss it some more. This will be quite a while down the road yet, since I'm going to have to send them to family counselling because of the males attitude.

bronco300

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/2470746
Bronco, I've got a pair that have mated, twice now. However the stupid male hasn't figured out yet how to complete the deal.
He has aborted twice. I do plan however to mate these and try to pair a few up. Send them to other aquariust who I know would be dedicated to raising a few. You interested? They're free, just pay shipping. Let me know, we'll discuss it some more. This will be quite a while down the road yet, since I'm going to have to send them to family counselling because of the males attitude.

that would be awesome buddy! mark me as number one on the list...i'd love to get a breeding pair...but yes i'll definitely take some...it'll be a while till i have my tank going so that'll work great

jeffro63

my first question is,,,,,,,
are you keeping track of all your reciepts so you know the total price tag at the end ????

bronco300

haha...it really isn't that bad as long as you don't mess up to bad.....but if i went and bout this from some store i'm guessing it'd be able double what i'll spend....i have been keeping receipts to track it some.

wattsupdoc

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2470775
that would be awesome buddy! mark me as number one on the list...i'd love to get a breeding pair...but yes i'll definitely take some...it'll be a while till i have my tank going so that'll work great

LUKE! you got it buddy!
First pair I can rustle up are yours!