LARGE Plywood Tank Build

bronco300

thanks for the comments!! i like the one area on the right for the most part....the water is now to the top of the glass...and the glass is for the most part clean now, love it.....as for the back i'll get some pictures later,hah...i only have the OM plumbed up so far, which is actually wonderful...i have to open it up and look at it though...and no, the sump is not plumbed in yet, I need to get the sumps made because i dont want to use rubbermaid tubs....but that means coming up with money for the new acrylic.

bgrae001

I love that you have water in this, it looks great. What is the plan for finishing the wall in the house? What does your time line look like?

bronco300

haha, thanks all!! i definitely won't mind the water bill, my wife, on the other hand...will probably be hunting me down...so if i'm gone a while, please share my story with the world

as for the wall, i started work on it last night with a router to make everything straight, only got one section done cause the wife was painting, so I lost out,lol...so I'll finish straightening everything tonight...then work on dry walling the sides and top...and then on the bottom will go slate or marble....we'll eventually do more to the wall to make it look even better, but not till some money flows in for it....might have to go to thailand next year

chris17

WOW! Water....I was starting to think that you didn't know what saltwater was...
The rock work looks awsome along with the eel maze! I got set back from that crazy wind storm, outa power for 4 days. Made me realize I need to invest in a generator
It would be my luck I would have everything running great for like 9 months, corals, and fish and the power would end up goin out for a week lol .....

grubsnaek

Originally Posted by kazara
http:///forum/post/2767520
Sweet. Can not wait to see it done. Good luck.
we dont want to see it done, we want to see progress. theres never a true ending to a tank, either a crash, a moving, a cant afford it, a kid, what ever. maybe we can say filled with everything. (meaning rock, corals, fish, sump, etc etc) but even that wont be until a couple years to really see how its gonna unfold...

keebler

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
http:///forum/post/2767806
we dont want to see it done, we want to see progress. theres never a true ending to a tank, either a crash, a moving, a cant afford it, a kid, what ever. maybe we can say filled with everything. (meaning rock, corals, fish, sump, etc etc) but even that wont be until a couple years to really see how its gonna unfold...
Rephrase- Can't wait to see it with livestock? Can't wait to see it after the cycle? You could probably make a lot of money off the macroalgae that that tank produces.

grubsnaek

what ever works, just saying. a tank this size will take some time....and based on the size of the tank, patience on proper work eithic should be kept. the molding of the end result will look amazing if done properly...

bronco300

thanks, its got quite the long process of establishing the tank completely with corals,etc...but anyways...I have not tried the wavebox yet...just useing the pumps to get circulation...I'm just about ready to get the sumps going.
I worked more on the inside tonight...I think its lookin pretty darn good so far.