latest pics of my tank!!

jerth6932

Originally Posted by chadman
so it is a coral?
kinda both, a coral "Porites" is the part that the worms live in, this one is a strange one..... I loved some of the pictures I saw of them, and the one I have impresses me alot!!!

jerth6932

i should say i used to not think so...now i appreciate coral a lot more
They are very intresting, and the thing that got me when I first started was that they are living, and react to us/fish/light/other corals/ect. Man there is alot in this world that is simply amazing!!!!!

jerth6932

about that other thread...maybe all that lr is saving the day in my tank .....
I think you are right!!!

jerth6932

ohh yeah, some sting, some will run over neighbors, some will eat things..... man they are simpily amazing in all that they do!!

jerth6932

they move around????
some can, but mainly anmonies are the ones who do a Huge amount of moving!! Alot of them hurt others usually by growth, and getting to close that way!

chadman

in a couple weeks i will be asking a lot of coral questions...as soon as my tank is ready i am gonna get some!! how do u feed them? what effect do they have on the tank? i am just curious...

jerth6932

in a couple weeks i will be asking a lot of coral questions...as soon as my tank is ready i am gonna get some!! how do u feed them? what effect do they have on the tank? i am just curious...
It depends on which you decide to go with, there are alot of diffrent things to consider when purchasing them, how big they get, lighting requitements, space in tank, location in tank, if they need to be fed. Most are benificial to the tank, they will filter out diffrent things out of the water! Some do trace elements, and like clams will lower the nitrates.
Questions are never a problem, always ask..... "You will never know how dumb you are if you don't ask"

chadman

well i won't have a whole lot of space so i will prolly be some what limited as to corals....my water flow and lighting should be sufficient though

jerth6932

well i won't have a whole lot of space so i will prolly be some what limited as to corals....my water flow and lighting should be sufficient though
water flow is huge.... what is your water flow and lighting curretly?

chadman

i have 160w and my tank is only about 18 inches from top to the cc floor...and i have about 21 gph of curculation

chadman

i am also thinking of adding in addition to everything a protien skimmer to help with my bio load...good idea?