Lebron James....need any more attention?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/R...ision-Thursday
This is getting just plain ridiculous, does he really need this much attention? ESPN doesn't even show any scores of games anymore cause this is all they cover. Then again they usually rather cover BS stories and media crap more than scores anymore. I can't believe they actually talk about what athletes are tweeting and they use facebook as a source for their info now. So I guess this was a 2 part rant, I'm sick of Lebron and ESPN not showing games.

bionicarm

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that NBA teams are paying James, Wade, Nowintzki (or however you spell the name), and Stoudamire $10 - $20 MILLION a year to bounce a ball up and down a court. I used to be an avid fan, and had season tickets for several years with the Spurs. Now? I barely watch a game on TV, much less go to a game. Ten years ago, my lower-level arena seats were $50/ticket. Today? The exact same seat is $200. The last time I did go to a game, I took my wife and kids, and sat in the 'cheap seats' (nose bleed in upper deck). Cost of tickets, parking, four beers, four sodas, popcorn, nachos, and a couple other treats - $275. That was for 2 1/2 hours of entertainment (If you want to call it that. The game ended up being a blow-out, and the Pine Riders played most of the 4th quarter). As far as I'm concerned, they could send them all to Europe to play, and it wouldn't bother me.

reefraff

I won't support any professional athletics any more. I am sorry but these players are not worth what they are being paid, let alone getting from their endorsements. I wouldn't pay for Nike shoes for my kid nor any shirts with their logo on it. I told my kid if they could pay Jordon what they were to wear their crap they could at least knock 10 percent of the price if they wanted me to buy them so my kid could advertise their products.

mrdc

These big time endorsements are the reasons why companies can charge such outrageous prices and it sucks. I am tired of hearing all about Lebron but I really don't watch pro bball anymore. I'm all about capitalism so I don't care how much an owner wants to pay a player though I think it is ridiculous. Lebron hasn't even won a championship so I don't think he should be paid the big bucks until he earns his worth. Though pro bball looks like I am watching the penal league.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3284841
lol, well they don't have bret farve to cover this year...
Mike and Mike did a hilarious bit on that. They said they had gotten the code to listen to Lebron's voicemail on his cell phone. The first calls were all the teams calling, with executives begging and pleading him to come to their teams, the last voicemail was Favre "Lebron, would you hurry up and get this over with, Summer is supposed to be all about me, this is getting ridiculous, I haven't even heard from Ed Werder all Summer...Get this silly thing over so people can get back to worrying about me"

Yeah, I'm over the Lebron thing too....I love Amare and the Suns will be down a big notch next year without him....But 100 million!!!!! Cmon.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3284856
Mike and Mike did a hilarious bit on that. They said they had gotten the code to listen to Lebron's voicemail on his cell phone. The first calls were all the teams calling, with executives begging and pleading him to come to their teams, the last voicemail was Favre "Lebron, would you hurry up and get this over with, Summer is supposed to be all about me, this is getting ridiculous, I haven't even heard from Ed Werder all Summer...Get this silly thing over so people can get back to worrying about me"

Yeah, I'm over the Lebron thing too....I love Amare and the Suns will be down a big notch next year without him....But 100 million!!!!! Cmon.

I"m not a basketball fan at all, but I can understand the hum around the closest thing we have to a modern day Michael Jordan possibly going to another team...

bionicarm

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3284860
I"m not a basketball fan at all, but I can understand the hum around the closest thing we have to a modern day Michael Jordan possibly going to another team...
Say what? I thought Kobe was the next MJ wannabe. At least that's what he keeps telling everyone.

Yes I could also care less about basketball which is why this is driving me nuts. Basketball like just ended and I was happy they wouldn't be showing it as much but I was wrong.
And then about ESPN the next 6 subjects inline have nothing to do with an actual game last night what a joke.

I wish there was another place to get sports scores. I have had ESPN on for a half hour and I have seen nothing about any sports that are actually playing right now, like baseball and soccer. All been NBA free agency BS, does the NBA pay them to show more? I don't see a ton of crap about football and they are offseason too. Ok I'm done.

reefraff

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3284865
Say what? I thought Kobe was the next MJ wannabe. At least that's what he keeps telling everyone.

The officials are the one's who get to decide who will be allowed to travel every drive and who they'll call a foul against anyone who dare's attempt to guard.

oscardeuce

In an era where CEO's are demonized for making too much money, doctors make too much money, insurance companies make too much money we have this?
Here in Cleveland, the land of the rich and famous, the Cavs were bragging they could pay LeBron $30 million more than the next guy. I'll never see that kind of money in a lifetime saving lives in the ER. Then again I'm an evil over paid underworking physician, not a grown man playing kids games.

crypt keeper

LOL. You people and your brightness. Lets think about this from an actual intelligent standpoint. What has Lebron done? Hmmmm nothing. He hasn't held any press conferences. He hasn't done sit ups in his driveway with the media. Hell he was at a basketball camp he runs the past two days and ESPN has been camped outside. Is that his fault? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no. He has chosen not to talk them. The Media is making this a circus. Not Lebron James. Your ignorance and hate is wrongfully directed at somebody who has done nothing. Free Agency is what two weeks old? This next move will decide his entire career. He has maybe 7 to 10 more left in him. That's it. He could end up like Jordan or Barkley.
Here is a good analogy for your haters. Lets say you work for company X and do a hell of a job. You grew in the company proved yourself. Lets say its based in North Carolina. Then 5 companies call. They offer X amount of money more than you are making now. 1 company is in New York. The other California. The other Florida. One is Overseas. Are you gonna decide in 1 night? Probably not. You need to move sell your house. Look at neighborhoods. Find the right schools for your kids. You have CEO's calling you asking you whats up. Does that make you a bad person? NO. Minus the Media what the hell is the difference? This guys has a life changing decision to make. Is it His fault that people are willing to pay $100,000,000. Again Out on a limb here. I'm going to say NO! I wanna see which Hypocrite who has posted here wouldn't take that kind of money. You would be a complete fool not too.

crypt keeper

Playing a kids game? Are you really going to say that? Im sorry you have zero athletic ability. MEN started Basketball just like every other sport. Kids play it. NBA players make a living. Its their job. Do me a favor since you hate men playing a kids game. Dont watch a sporting event in your entire life ever again. People like you I laugh at. Let me see you enteratin 100,000,000 million people for 3 hours being the best at what you do. All the while every single thing you enjoy like Soda, Food, Beer and whatever else will pay millions of dollars to sponser you to do it. Then maybe you can bitch about grown men playing a "kids game" Till then work your 9-5 that thousands of others do. Its your job. You're no hero. If you didnt do it to the best of your ability you would be fired just like anybody else.
Originally Posted by oscardeuce
http:///forum/post/3284913
In an era where CEO's are demonized for making too much money, doctors make too much money, insurance companies make too much money we have this?
Here in Cleveland, the land of the rich and famous, the Cavs were bragging they could pay LeBron $30 million more than the next guy. I'll never see that kind of money in a lifetime saving lives in the ER. Then again I'm an evil over paid underworking physician, not a grown man playing kids games.

crypt keeper

how is a guy with about 7 more years in his career and 5 rings a MJ wannabe? Kids are growing wanting to be Kobe now. MJ was great 10 years ago, The Torhc has been passed. People who say that dont know what they are talking about. Lebron cant even Touch Kobe.
Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3284865

reefraff

Dude, I think one of those snakes must be coiled around your neck cutting off the blood flow to your head

Chill.