Lets see those Clams

amber1983

Here is mine. It's a deresa and i have it under MH :D This is an pic before i redid my tank, now it's up on the rocks.

here is the tank, you can see it up on rock in this pic.

corbin1234

Originally Posted by fishieness
they are not hardy at all. if you have perfect water, enough light, and they are big enough for them to not have to be fed, then they are pretty easy. but you just have to make sure your water is very good. how old is your tank?
not that long, just restarted after a move, so its been only about 5 months

blitz99

Originally Posted by reefiness
you shouls wait atleast a year before getting any clams
why? if clams THRIVE in ammonia cycles why should you wait a year?

rubberduck

they thrive in ammonia levels that are high. that is a supplement to them to keep them healthy. The uncertainty of levels of ph, calcium,alk, etc will make them not do well. In a cycling tank the most likly will die even though they appreciate the high ammoinia.
travis a stable tank is a must, regardless and a cycling tank is not stable. thats why most should wait a year

hottie79

Wow, how about I have a big aquarium party here in Florida and you all come and get my tank clam and coral ready
I'll make dinner and provide beer

shoreliner11

Here are some clams I took photos of while diving yesterday. Hope you like em.
I'm not 100% on ids but here they are
Pic 1 T. squamosa
Pic 2 T. maxima
surrounded by some Porites
Pic 3 I can't really tell but it looks like a crocea; surrounded by porites again
Good on ya
Aaron

reefiness

WOW nice pics, im surprised that those clams are even still libing and the porites havent blocked out too much light