MACNA 2013...who's going???

deton8it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/394810/macna-2013-whos-going/60#post_3529529
Id like tah meet everyone i can on the trip. Pm me your phone and address and we can make arrangements. Im not buyin livestock this trip. I want to build my diy leds and canopy before investing more in livestock.
I totally understand. Up until last week I have been on a purchase hold since May. We were told that we are moving to Turkey in a few months but now that doesn't look like it is going to happen. Yea, I can buy again.
John

snakeblitz33

I hate to do this. Im short on my money to go to macna this year. Not by much, but i have to pay for daycare and wont make the $100 this next week to pay for it unless i can get some help. I dont even have anything worth value to pawn at this point. Ah, the life of a poor college student. I know that there might be someone out there willing to help out, so ill just put it out there. My paypal email is snakeblitz33@gmail.com any donations will be greatly appreciated.

snakeblitz33

I just purchased the saturday event pass. So whoever will be there on saturday at macna id like to meet. Richard and nova, i have your phone numbers so be expecting a text next week!!
I was able to sell some things off and work all weekend and some evenings this week so i have enough money to go. Im pretty excited about the event and trip now. :)

novahobbies

Since Richard cleared his schedule for Friday, I still think that's going to be the best night to get together. I don't mind heading out to Weston (for you non-SF folks, it's a small hike from the hotel but not hideous) or anyplace along I-595 is good.
There's Ole Ole in Plantation (Mexican, obviously)
and a Turkish/Greek fusion place called Mandolin that's AMAZING in Miami. It's nowhere near anyone, but it has a great atmosphere. A little pricey.
And......Anthony's Coal Fired pizza on 595 and Federal.
If I had my druthers, I'd drag you all up here to my area and show you JB's At The Beach. You can't find a better little slice of Florida. But that's just me and it's a little far afield from MACNA.
Richard, how is Kiko's Japanese and Thai?? Is it any good?

novahobbies

Also, lifted from ReefCentral:
There is a good cuban place on Hallandale Beach Blvd called Padrinos (been there forever). Over the bridge on left.
There is a place on A1A almost directly across the street for cafe con leche Its a small little pastry shop next to a pizza place.
Also, on the Hollywood Broadwalk there is a sushi place. It's at the beginning of the broadwalk before you get to all the other shops and stuff. It's about a mile north of Diplomat. About a 10-15 minute walk.
Le Tub is also a really cool place on the intercoastal in Hollywood. About a mile and half north.
These are places all near the hotel. If Richard is amenable to sticking close to the hotel.

snakeblitz33

Nova, im up for anything. I tell yah what, ill text yah on friday and ill end up wherever yall decide. Anything but sushi. (That should be a restaurant name. Lol!)

S

siptang

Deton8it - Awesome. I had many friends in that base before.
Cuban coffee and steak can be arranged.
So... are we deciding where Rick? We can do all you can eat KBBQ if you want lol. That will get everyone nice and fat for the weekend bahahaa

S

siptang

Lol rick.
Anyone else?
sent from under the sea using my awesome galaxy note 2.

deton8it

We aren't going to be able to make it. My daughter has a mandatory school function on Friday evening. I have a 4 day weekend and she has a school event, horrible timing. Oh well, I will still be there in spirit. Maybe I'll be able to make next years event. I'll still be available for coffee if any of you drive through the Florida Panhandle.
John

gemmy

Bummer!!
I missed my flight. Oopsie!! It's all good because that flight ended up being cancelled.

S

siptang

Deton8it. that stinks... well family trumps everything so do what you gotta do brother! Next time I visit my in laws in Fort Walton, I will hit you up for that coffee.
Krista - so you are still going to make it?
Seth - are you still alive bro? lol.

snakeblitz33

I'm still alive... *kick* *kick*
Just been busy packing and cleaning house. Also been having to do a bunch of school assignments in advance and make arrangements with my professors for getting work in before time or after the time due. Just a lot going on right now and not enough time to concentrate on getting on here, I guess.
My daughter was also sick the last few days and I even came down with some kind of virus, but now I feel 100% better and I am going to be getting on the road for that 16hr trip by 6PM tonight. Looking forward to meeting at least four of you down there in Fr. Lauderdale.

novahobbies

Still hoping that Krista made a flight!!
Let's all plan for a dinner tomorrow night, say around 8pm. Richard, what's the address for the Korean BBQ place??

sweatervest13

I hope you all have a fun, great, safe time!!!!!
I hope the meeting up goes well, take lots of pics.
I might have to try to start planning on hitting up MACNA 2014 in Denver!!!

snakeblitz33

Wow, you might get to meet reefraff, sweater. :)
Nova or sip, text me that address whenever you get the chance. Ill gps it.

novahobbies

I wonder....are Seth and Krista the only ones going? Or are they the only ones brave enough to meet up with the Richard&Richard South Florida team?

deton8it

Seth, his wife, my wife, and I had coffee at about 1am this morning at a Waffle House in Crestview Florida. He is on his way down there as we speak.
John