Makes me wonder....

oscardeuce

First I read about someone eating someone's face probably trying to get to the brain, then I read that the CDC has put out a zombie survival guide. Could there be a connection?

meowzer

Actually last week I read about a wrestler who ripped out his training partners heart (still beating heart) because he thought he was possessed
then this guy eating the other guys face
YIKES
I think the show the "walking Dead" is givingpeople sick ideas

snakeblitz33

Eh, ... stuff like this happens every day. The media just gets a hold of it and we are more aware of what is happening in the world than ever.
Who hasn't thought of biting their bosses head off every now and then? J/k
Well, at least all those zombie preppers have something to go on now...

rickross23

Eh, ... stuff like this happens every day. The media just gets a hold of it and we are more aware of what is happening in the world than ever.
Who hasn't thought of biting their bosses head off every now and then? J/k
Well, at least all those zombie preppers have something to go on now...
Good point.

reefraff

Got mine online at sportsmans warehouse. Cheaper than dirt, cabellas and a few other places have it

oscardeuce

I usually put 62 gr in my .223 when I reload anyway. I should pick up a box for the "nostalgia". Mel Brooks's son wrote a great zombie survival guide.

mantisman51

I've seen that there have been in the area of 10 million AK's and SKS sold in America. Why is it none of the people in the movies ever has a real zombie killer like those? I wouldn't want any other gun in case of a zombie apocalypse. Massive knockdown power and no need to reload constantly with a 30 round clip. Also, no parts to wear out like an AR and no jamming no matter how many bullets you put through it and even if I drop it in the mud or sand, it'll go "bang" when I pull the trigger. Using Russian JHP, I can knock down an elephant. Just to see what it would do, I one time shot 500 rounds over a year and never once cleaned it. It never let me down-no jamming or misfeeds. Give the commies their due; they know how to make an idiot-proof gun for zombies.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/391871/makes-me-wonder#post_3477351
I've seen that there have been in the area of 10 million AK's and SKS sold in America. Why is it none of the people in the movies ever has a real zombie killer like those? I wouldn't want any other gun in case of a zombie apocalypse. Massive knockdown power and no need to reload constantly with a 30 round clip. Also, no parts to wear out like an AR and no jamming no matter how many bullets you put through it and even if I drop it in the mud or sand, it'll go "bang" when I pull the trigger. Using Russian JHP, I can knock down an elephant. Just to see what it would do, I one time shot 500 rounds over a year and never once cleaned it. It never let me down-no jamming or misfeeds. Give the commies their due; they know how to make an idiot-proof gun for zombies.
Yeah scooter, you go ahead and try to knock down an elephant with that pea shooter.
AK's and SKS were built like the Colt 1911 45. You could pick it up out of a mud puddle after a week and they would fire. Not too accurate but dependable. Modern AR's are a sweet shooter but don't have the knock down power, then again they aren't designed to. A wounded enemy takes 3 people out of action, him and the two that will carry him away, at least that was the thinking. Personally I'd like to have an M1 Garand tanker. 30;06 semi auto with a detachable mag.

mantisman51

I don't know. I have seen pictures of actual elephants brought down in Africa with an AK. I get consistent 6" groups from 50 yards with mine. They're like a woman, you got to know what they want to get the most out of them.
But if I buy another rifle, I'll save my nickels and dimes and buy an M14. The civi semi-auto is basically a Garand with a 30 round detachable. CTD has a "match grade" M14 for $2300. I might just try to get one when the house is done. But I agree with you on the Garand; the finest semi-auto ever made.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/391871/makes-me-wonder#post_3477362
I don't know. I have seen pictures of actual elephants brought down in Africa with an AK. I get consistent 6" groups from 50 yards with mine. They're like a woman, you got to know what they want to get the most out of them.
But if I buy another rifle, I'll save my nickels and dimes and buy an M14. The civi semi-auto is basically a Garand with a 30 round detachable. CTD has a "match grade" M14 for $2300. I might just try to get one when the house is done. But I agree with you on the Garand; the finest semi-auto ever made.
I suppose you could pepper one in full auto mode and run for your life waiting for it to bleed to death.
I used to know a guy who shot an elephant and was present when several others were taken over the years. He said he saw one "gungho Jackapes" (his word, not mine) try to take one with an :06 and got some of their "boys" hurt. Now days (back in the late 90's) he said their was a minimum size required to hunt elephant. Side note this guy took his back before the ivory ban and still had the tusks from the "small" bull he killed. Holy crap!

oscardeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/391871/makes-me-wonder#post_3477351
Mantis,
A couple of things if I may.
1.) It is a 30 round "magazine". You load a magazine from a (stripper) "clip". The exception is the M-1 Garand which uses and "en bloc clip".
2.) Never ever go that long without cleaning your gun. Even the best will get build up and function poorly in your time of need. The old saying is: "never let the sun set on a dirty gun". The other thing is if your Russian ammo is corrosive primed, you are asking for corrosion. Double check your head stamps. If corrosive take the whole gun down including the bolt and anything els you can to get that acidic junk out of there.If I shoot corrosive ammo, I wash mine down with water and Dawn detergent, then clean in military grade cleaner for corrosive ammo, then Hoppes 9, and a nice thin coat of gun oil and grease if it is sitting in the collection. Wipe the excess off before taking out to the range.
Please consider guns life support equipment and treat them as such.

mantisman51

Ok, so "clip" is slang for magazine. No big deal. When I conducted my experiment I used non-berdan primer Czech ammo. Sellier & Bellot is the finest non-corrosive ammo in the business. I always clean my rifle thoroughly when I shoot corrosive ammo and I know Russian ammo is very corrosive. There was no metal fatigue. I have since shot about 2000 rounds through it. I have owned and shot this weapon for over 20 years now. I knew that non-corrosive ammo would foul, but not corrode the metal. I keep JHP in the rifle for any emergencies. I plink with Czech FMJ. I may not have been in the military, but I have owned and shot thousands of rounds and know my weapons intimately. And I know that AK's and SKS are the toughest rifles out there. The point is it could not be done with an AR, whereas it can with Commie guns.

oscardeuce

Maybe a bug in my bum, but I am a stickler for the correct terms. You should be able to use the correct terms. Gang bangers say clip. Marksmen say magazine, or clip when appropriate. If you are talking to me and say "clip" I will not be thinking what you mean. That could get you in trouble in an emergency situation. I do not doubt your experience, but please learn and use the correct terms to communicate.
When you referred to "metal fatigue" what did you mean?
Thanks

mantisman51

I broke the rifle all the way down, fully disassembling the bolt and action-there was no bent or corroded pieces and not even any rust-when I pulled the trigger nothing went snap. And I'm not a marksman, I am a hobby shooter. Used to hunt, but haven't for 15 years. My rifle is purely for self defense and plinking now. I expect the zombies or Chinese to be swarming any day now. I do have my own gun range, though. The previous owner abandoned it when the road washed out in 1989, but it still has the 25, 50, 75 and 100 yard target sections for rifles and a 5 table pistol setup. Maybe I should get into match shooting since I have my own range.

oscardeuce

[pre][/pre]Looking for my own range too. I shot small bit 22 at 50 ft in high school. Our team was state champions 4 years. I have also shot at Camp Perry in the National Matches.
Got my first gun at 5 (BB), M-1 Carbine at 11. M1 Garand at 18. I have a few more almost 40 years later.

darthtang aw

I have also shit at Camp Perry in the National Matches.
I fell on the floor I was laughing so hard! i love a good gun discussion but this was awesome.
Darth (typos rule) Tang

rickross23

I fell on the floor I was laughing so hard! i love a good gun discussion but this was awesome.
Darth (typos rule) TangThat really was funny.