Mantis tank...anyone remember me??

swimmer4uus

Great looking tank. WOW! It'll be definantly interesting to watch with Mr. Mantis in there. I definantly have a soft spot for nanos. You know which species of mantis you're getting? If I was a mantis, I'd definantly like that pvc

nwdyr

as you can see , my camera and I still dont work well together@@@!!! maybe Cyndi should take the pic's too!!! I could have NEVER fig. that out w/o her! Hope out little bubble is ok

meowzer

Is that the bubble coral you are talking about...the long thing? Looks more like an elegance coral to me with all those mouths

nwdyr

thanks! I was thinking of a clown mantis , some people will sat thats too big for this tank but like ALL things in this hobby , there are 1mil diff. ideas. I have done allot of stuff "people" say cant be done
Hope to have him in the next 2 weeks....I HATE to wait , but I want the right one. And I have a credit for 30.00 from the site I am ordering it from , and they said I have to wait to get it in the mail before I use it....STUPID!!

nwdyr

thanks and thanks... :) I got the PVC idea from someone..maybe here
dont remember . I have looked at so many sites now. And yes thats is the bubble , she (yes its a she :) was open very nice but then closed up

anjiro

I just started here about the time the threads died down I personally like this nano "Current Cardiff Aquarium System"
The Current Cardiff Aquarium System lets you explore your creative side whether you desire a marine or freshwater setup. Simply choose brushed aluminum 150 watt, 14000°K HQI fixture or a Italian Glass 55 watt 50/50 2C Compact Fluorescent (CF) fixture to suit your aquarium lighting needs. Each pendant light fixture is designed to reduce heat load without noisy fans and feature a fully adjustable arm for convenient custom positioning.
Cardiff System Features:
* Top Off Bottles - Replenishes evaporated water on an as-needed basis
* Powerful UL Listed Return Pumps - Cycles water over 11 times per hour
* Mechanical Filter Pad - Removes floating debris, keeping water polished
* Activated Carbon - Removes odors and harmful dissolved organics
* Nano-Ball Biological Media - Provides millions of places for beneficial bacteria to flourish
* Surface Skimming Filter Pad - Pre-filters water before entering main filter section
* No Hassle High Capacity Protein Skimmer - For removing harmful dissolved organics. Functions as an aeration device in fresh water applications
* Micro Bubble Eliminator - Eliminate distracting tiny bubbles from returning to the aquarium
* Intake Venturi Pump - Injects a dense stream of water and bubbles for efficient protein extraction
* Angled Black Background - Allows viewing from three sides without seeing unsightly filter components
* Surface Skimming Overflow Section - Removes particulates
* Adjustable, Dual Outlet Return Nozzle - Creates varying water flow, preventing dead spots
* Beveled Glass Panels - Displays your favorite aquatic creatures in a museum style setting
Specifications:
Aquarium Dimensions: 20" x 20.5" x 20"
Stand Dimensions: 23" x 23" x 29.75"
Volume: 24 gallons
Pump Recirculation: 395 gph

halamaya

Looks sweet I think your Mantis will love it!! How large does the Clown Mantis get? I have a purple spot mantis in a 3 gal tank. Nothing special for a nano tank though just an Eclipse cheapo tank I've had for awhile. My Mantis is pretty much full grown at he's between 3 and 3.5 inches. Still packs a punch, he's a smasher. Haven't had much luch getting a good picture of him yet. Can't wait to see your Mantis.

nwdyr

Thanks for the info Anjiro! will check that tank out right now

Halamaya: I was thinking the clown mantis but now I am thinking maybe this tank is to small %% Also havin a hard time finding ANY mantis , I know the divers den has one but thats it...just the clown. I have searched a few other sites but not a big variety anywhere. Considering there is about 400 Diff. types , you think they would be a little more available! P.S. from what I hear they can get up to 5-6inches

cranberry

Looks great! I would glue down all those smaller rocks framing the doorway if you want them to stay put. They really like to decorate and you'd be surprised the boulders they can move.

nissan577

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3224438
Looks great! I would glue down all those smaller rocks framing the doorway if you want them to stay put. They really like to decorate and you'd be surprised the boulders they can move.
looks really great i must say! the rockwork is super

and i agree with Cranberry +1 i have seen them before and iam impressed with the stuff they move!

nwdyr

wel the cardiff is kinda equal to the red sea max in price and quality. I also have a guy to call tomorrow that has a 6mo old 57gal rimless tank ,stand and I think wet/dry for 450.00 would need lights.... TOO MUCH THINKIN!!!

I plan on adding some more rock rubble for Killer to play with , I know that like to decorate. I dont want to glue all of it...dont need a pissed off Mantis!
I also get allot of hits , but when you look further...NO MANTIS!
Don't know whats up with these sites. If anyone comes across a good one that actually HAS them in stock PLEASE let me know , thanks all

halamaya

Mine will eat chunks of meat right off the feeding prong. I like to let him think he's killing it though; get him to hit it a couple times first. I hope he gets bigger but he's the perfect size for teh tank right now. He has fun hunting the saltwater grass shrimp also. Hasn't moved anything but sand in my tank so far, but he's got it so he can get all around the tank without me being able to see.
Best pick so far.

cranberry

Actually, your sand is a little on the shallow side. You can still pour some in there generally around the area and make a little mound in the back where he can come and take sand to bring elsewhere. He's gonna shift it anyways. Mine dug up the entire front one time and made like a 10" sandbed in the back. O.O