Mantis tank...anyone remember me??

nwdyr

I do have the bubble coral in there , been hand feedin it. I also added more sand last night...... think i will bite the bullet tomorrow and pay the shipping if my LFS dont come thru with anything

nwdyr

Good news!!! I am going to a LFS today to put a deposit on a mantis
Yep I said "deposit"
Guess the guy dont want to be stuck with little killer. He said a "rainbow" I guess thats a clown/peacock...blah,blah...so many names. I am also goin to look at some tanks there , they have a huge selection of seamless tanks and out of the ordinary stuff. He said the mantis will be between 39-49.00. That is the same price I am seeing on line , just no 35.00 shipping! bad news is it could take up to 2 weeks.. thats ok , at least I finally found someone local who can actually get one. This place is close to the other one that is getting their LR today , so I will prob. stop by there first and see what , if anything he gets in today. A day full of pet shop visits,,,,, a PERFECT day!

shwstpr88

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/3222388
I am BBBAAAACCKKKK!!!! lol!!! what up my little fishy friends!! yep , I could not stay out of this goofy hobby. Well.....first tank will be a 14gal bio , LS , LR anddddd.... a MANTIS SHRIMP
Was always so afraid of gettin em so I figured if I actually have one in a tank my other tank will be ok...right? ( yes I said "other" tank) I am also looking for some feed back from you about the "new" nano tanks on the market. My tank is commin 2marrow , LR and cycled water from a friends 2yr old 150gal reef tank Friday night. I am going to order the clown mantis soon. But those of you who know me , know I cant stay small for long! So help me decide on another nano tank , give me the "good" and the "bad" on all the new ones. Look forward to hearing the reviews and hope to talk to some old friends here soon. YIPPPIEEEEE....sorry just happy to be back
...and YES I will post pic's
...really? lol I dont get em I guess.

nikesb

i've had 4 hitch hiking mantis shrimp since I've got in the hobby. Power to you guys that like em. The clicking annoyed me after 3 days

nwdyr

I could not come home with JUST a receipt for a Mantis today...so I picked up some nice neon green trumpets. Nice color , about 15 small to medium heads. I will post some pic's tomorrow. I have a guy coming over early to buy my 46gal bow front and all my fresh water angles. Then it will be official , out of freshwater and back to the reef's! I think my next tank will be the C.A.D.lights 22gal...or 39gal. Very nice tanks , rimless and plug-in-plays.

fretfreak13

Ooh I'm excited! I just set up my first mantis tank and I thught mine was a G.smithii, but another person IDed it as a Chigara. Still not sure. lol I'm following, I really love mine. =)

halamaya

That's sweet, sound's like he's going to be worth the wait. I'm going to have to get a new small tank for my Mantis. First the light has seemed to stop working and now the filter. I have a small powerhead with a pre-filter so I'm not too worried, but no lights suck!! Can we see some more pics of your Mantis shrimp Cranberry while we wait?

nwdyr

Fret- Been following your thread , looks cool! Never heard of that kind of mantis (but then again there are like 400 Diff. types!) I will google it and check it out
Cranberry- I hope mine dont hide ALL the time , If I am going to give the little killer his very own pad , the least he can do is entertain me! lol
halamaya- I ma with you...lets see some pic's!!!

nwdyr

Just got a call from the LFS.... Killer is at the airport!! I will be picking him up tomorrow around 11am
.....however , my camera took a (*&^ on me
using the g/f's camera. The pic's stink , but here is the tank before killer. Hope to have a better camera soon

nwdyr

it seems from what I have read and seen , mantis dont bother most corals. That is a bubble , she is usually open but had just relieved herself before the pic. The trumpet coral is a real nice green , but again the camera situation here....

halamaya

Looks good very exciting to know Killer is so close now. Just got a neon green fungia today myself, almost the same color green as your trumpet. Also got a Springreii Damsel, word around town is they're fairly peaceful and like's to eat flatworms. I like the blue and 10 price tag myself. Don't forget to take some pics for us when you get Killer tomorrow.

nwdyr

I will pick up some batteries on my way... My camera is a Lumix mega 7.2 It's only about 1 1/2yrs old. It used to work good , I dont use it that often , but all of a sudden it eats batteries like crazy! I literally put 2 new ones in and like 1-2 pic's and it says to replace
and the pic quality sucks , just dont focus well and the colors dont pop like they used to. Never dropped , never got it wet... its only been out of my house 2x's.
ok...no i am getting myself aggravated so I will stop now and think about...KILLER

nwdyr

Thanks for the welcome back fcatch! Got my camera to work
KILLER is in the building...... anyone have a better name?

nwdyr

thats a possibility! Well he is IN the tank , one scary "click" on the glass
no damage. He found the PVC house pretty fast AND he ate 2 prawn shrimp already! seemed happy so far , just hangin out in the door way lookin around. Amazing how they look right at you and follow your every move.