Marijuana

dlauber

Originally Posted by itom37
Of course I respect your decision to follow the law, but the legal status of something doesn't have much to do with whether or not it is right or wrong.
and who has the right to say weather its right or wrong to smoke weed? To me there is 2 things that determine weather something is right or wrong. Does the bible/10 commandments say its wrong, and is it socially acceptable.
I may be wrong, but I dont think the bible says anything about drinking, or smoking. Smoking pot is not socially acceptable BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL, drinking (in moderation) is socially acceptable (by a majority of people, I known some would argue otherwise) because it is legal.
If smoking weed became legal I think it would become more socially acceptable by at least twice as much, and if that were the case, I would have no problem doing it.

dlauber

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
I am against legalizing the evil weed and against prohibition of alcohol. As I have said about 4 times now, weed has NO positives that I can see (other then medical stuff which I am for). You can sit down and enjoy some fine imported beer or a good Scotch. I also asked for some reasons to use pot and why. I got "It's fun." I have no idea why at 17 you aren't having enough fun you need something to 'enhance' life.

And what exactly are the positives of drinking beer? Dont you do it because its fun to enjoy the taste?
Why cant you sit down and enjoy weed like Alcohol? I quote 'the finest weed in the Shire!' sounds to me that good ole Bilbo was enjoying himself, chilling with Gandalf.
You do not have to be in a bad mood or depressed to smoke weed, and it doesnt have to be to enhance your life. My friends arent all emotional and smoke to escape problems. They smoke to enjoy themselves as you would sitting down and drinking imported beer or scotch. To them its fun to sit down for while and enjoy feeling happy.

salty blues

I am against legalizing the evil weed and against prohibition of alcohol. As I have said about 4 times now, weed has NO positives that I can see (other then medical stuff which I am for). You can sit down and enjoy some fine imported beer or a good Scotch. I also asked for some reasons to use pot and why. I got "It's fun." I have no idea why at 17 you aren't having enough fun you need something to 'enhance' life.
Not sure who you are referring to but I am a few decades older than 17.

aquaknight

Dlauder, yes I drink beer/scotch/etc mostly for the taste and a great way to have a conversation, talk etc. The only ways I've seen weed used is to dumb yourself down or escape. I can't see how that would be enjoyable and that's why I'm looking for actual reasons people do weed. If getting high and watch Lord of the Rings is fun, then definitely count me out and you haven't convinced me to vote yes.
salty, I was responding to your question, but the 17 bit was for Kirsta, who at 17 admits to using weed daily and multiple times daily, probably wouldn't be allow to use weed anyway because she would be under the legal age I imagine.

krista921

what other reasons do i need to smoke weed???
its my personal choice
weed is so far from evil and no positives that you can "see"?
have you ever tried the ganj!! :-D
and i dont dispute the obvious truth that smoking pot can have negitive affects on your memory and brain as well as lung problems
My choice is what i chose to do;
and if I'm causin no harm,
it shouldn't bother you.
Your choice is who you chose to be;
and if your causin to harm, then your alright with me.
If you dont like my fire, then dont come around, cause I'm gona burn one down.
Yes i'm gonna burn one, down.
Herb the gift, from the Earth,
and what's from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before u knock it, try it first.
and you'll see it's a blessing and it's not a curse.
<3333333 ben harper!!!!!

krista921

but the 17 bit was for Kirsta, who at 17 admits to using weed daily and multiple times daily, probably wouldn't be allow to use weed anyway because she would be under the legal age I imagine.
lucky for me there isnt a legal age

aquaknight

If there are no tangible positives then why do it? Actually, it's illegal so technically you don't (or at least shouldn't) have a choice. Yes you affecting me by forcing the government to spend my tax money trying to fight you guys.

krista921

actually most a cop will do if they find you with recreational amounts of pot will usually just take it
it really doesnt matter if its legalized or not
with all the crack addict, abusive, violent people out there i dont know why anyone worrys about the pot smokers

aquaknight

That's like arguing being pulled for speeding 5 over the limit instead of the cop going after someone street racing.

rudedog40

Dlauder, yes I drink beer/scotch/etc mostly for the taste and a great way to have a conversation, talk etc. The only ways I've seen weed used is to dumb yourself down or escape. I can't see how that would be enjoyable and that's why I'm looking for actual reasons people do weed. If getting high and watch Lord of the Rings is fun, then definitely count me out and you haven't convinced me to vote yes.
salty, I was responding to your question, but the 17 bit was for Kirsta, who at 17 admits to using weed daily and multiple times daily, probably wouldn't be allow to use weed anyway because she would be under the legal age I imagine.

You obviously haven't been around social pot smokers. I have friends who are very successful business people that smoke pot. We occassionally go to one another's home to have Hold 'Em poker tourneys. While most of us are inside drinking beer, hard liquor, or wine, they go outside and take a hit on a joint. They prefer the 'high' they get from pot instead of the 'buzz' from drinking. They don't act stupid, 'stoned', or 'lazy' after smoking. Most of the time they place in the Top Three of the tourney. Their 'high' doesn't take as long to wear off as somone whose drank even 6 beers. If you saw them at work, or any other social setting, you wouldn't have the slightest clue they smoke marijuana. Fortunately for them, they work in very lax environments, or own their own companies. Otherwise they'd have to worry about random drug tests by their employers. They could get fired for smoking just one joint, but a fellow employee who goes home and drinks a six pack every day after work never has to worry. Which of the two would you rather see get behind the wheel of a car every day?

1journeyman

Originally Posted by shogun323
Sweetheart, you are 17 years old. Lets check back in with ya 8 years from now and then see and discuss the effects.
Sadly, decisions you make when you are 17 can affect the rest of your life.
I'm currently applying for jobs. Many Federal jobs now fall under DHS and therefore require Security Clearance. Guess what one of the questions is...

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Dlauber
...I may be wrong, but I dont think the bible says anything about drinking, or smoking. ....
Actually the Bible covers how to treat your body, how to avoid be a stumbling block to your neighbor, and that getting drunk is to be avoided. The Bible also has several stories of wicked events and the roll of alcohol.

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Krista921
what other reasons do i need to smoke weed???
its my personal choice
weed is so far from evil and no positives that you can "see"?
have you ever tried the ganj!! :-D
and i dont dispute the obvious truth that smoking pot can have negitive affects on your memory and brain as well as lung problems
My choice is what i chose to do;
and if I'm causin no harm,
it shouldn't bother you.
Your choice is who you chose to be;
and if your causin to harm, then your alright with me.
If you dont like my fire, then dont come around, cause I'm gona burn one down.
Yes i'm gonna burn one, down.
Herb the gift, from the Earth,
and what's from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before u knock it, try it first.
and you'll see it's a blessing and it's not a curse.
<3333333 ben harper!!!!!
if you are 17 what do your parents say and do they know...my guess is they dont know and they probably wouldnt approve of you bragging about it online either

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Dlauber
? I quote 'the finest weed in the Shire!' sounds to me that good ole Bilbo was enjoying himself, chilling with Gandalf.....
Except, of course, that Tolkien was a heavy pipe smoker himself (of tobacco)...
Taters are potatos (not crack cocaine) and pipeweed is tobacco...

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Actually the Bible covers how to treat your body, how to avoid be a stumbling block to your neighbor, and that getting drunk is to be avoided. The Bible also has several stories of wicked events and the roll of alcohol.
true , didnt lot r-ape his daughter because he was drunk ?

1journeyman

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
true , didnt lot r-ape his daughter because he was drunk ?
Other way around actually. His two daughters got him drunk...