miami

N

newreefers

I am in for myseslf and my husband. Got directions from your wife on Thursday.

chef jaysen

Wouldnt miss a party for anything. I'll be there with my family and a friend. Yes I do have a friend. One. Well a person I know actually.. hehe.............I'll be there.....

plum70rt

Very good, here is a tip my driveway was just redone on thurs , so when you see the house with the roped off driveway thats it , please park in the street , cant park on it for 2 weeks:mad:
I only can look at my RT for 2 weeks, :mad:

E

elan

:) I had a great time looking at your tank dean, and meeting everyone. Thanks for all the advice!!
So, now at I look at my tank, i am going to plan on something different...
So... i have a bunch more questions:confused:!!!...lol....
Here are a couple of questions for ideas i found when i was at home depot.
1) the sand they have for my upcoming DSB :D is either general purpose sand, or play sand.. they have no "southdown" sand... is it all the same stuff?? the play sand looks like plane old sand to me..
2) is regular PVC piping ok to use, and what kind of glue should i use? 100% silicate?
3) if i have a 1.25 overflow, what is the maximum waterflow i can have in my tank? I am thinking about getting another sump pump for more circulation... or, is the movement i see in other tanks the actual coral moving??

chef jaysen

I just wanted to say it was a pleasure to meet all the fellow reefers at plums house. I also wanted to say thanks to saltylakes for the frags. And to plum thanks for the food and making have to sell my kid so I can get a respectable tank.......haha.......Cant wait to the next one............cheers..:D

saltylakes

Well i would first of like to thank everyone for coming!!!
Thank you plum for lending the house!!! The steak was awesome!!!!!
ladies and gentlemen it was a pleasure to meet you all and trade frags... I also enjoyed visiting those two stores especially the whole saler!!!!!!
Next time it is going to be at my house in miami. We are planning for mid april. So everyone get your Frags ready!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you all agian and i forgot one person.
Plums great wife for allowing todays craziness to occur!!!!

plum70rt

You Guys are all very welcome, A Pleasure To meet you all,
Chef J, the 3 bean Salad was the best I ever had,
Saltylakes ,Thanks for all the goodies, I will let you know how they do,
Lisa, had some strawberrys they were very good,
Elan , go buy some live sand,or playsand will work, but seed it with live sand
PVC glue is ok,just let it dry well,
as far as flow goes, look at the pumps flow rates then you will see how much it will pump, gallons per hour,Im at 3000 gallons per hour but cant run it full open,
Everyone keep in touch, will do it again soon:)

saltylakes

thanks guys and please do me a favor tonight ot tommorrow.
i need for everyone to send me a photo of the frags to see how everything turned out!!!! thank you guys and i cant wait to see how my frags are doing in each one of your tanks

chef jaysen

Heres mine.......what are then names again......I got three but the little one didnt do well ......I'll post a pic of it when it perks up.....thanks again.

monchichi8

I also Want to thanks you guys......I wish Rachel and I were able to hang out for a little while longer, but everone knows how the parent thing goes...especially whens there down from NC. Plum..thanks for having us over to your house...Killer set-up you have and beautiful place you got. Oh, Salty thanks for all the killer frags....everything is opening up beautifully...The only problem i had was....with the xenia,...it was on the toothpic before I went to bed...and when I woke up...it was gone.:confused: ,and I have loooked everywhere!!!!:mad: I would love to get another piece off of you...seeing how I have never seen that type of xenia anywhere...Chef, I gotta get that bean salad recipe from you! I didn't want to look like a pig, but I would have eaten that whole bowl!!!Soooo Goood!! Please post it.:D As for everyone else it was very nice meeeting all of you and hope we all can get together soon....Take care everyone....Chris & Rachel

N

newreefers

I will post pics when I get the digital back, should be done on thursday or friday. I hate that it is in the shop.