Michael Vick...

mboswell1982

all of my info came off of the animal documentary done on the michael vick pitbulls on animal planet. published roughly 2 months ago, possibly 3, cant remember if it was august or september it came out.

mboswell1982

wow, now im kinda upset about the animal planet documentary, cause they're so many inconsistencies here, less dogs seized, less dogs being euthanized, which is a good thing LOL, but yeah LOL animal planet messed up on this one for sure

mboswell1982

because, to be perfectly honest, you are safer, in the terms of u being bitten by the dog, than you would be with another dog, those dogs are trained from birth not to bite people, otherwise, how would u separate them in the ring, besides, they really do make great pets, ive rehabilitated several while i was animal control, and never had a single problem out of them.

salty blues

They had to make an example of Vick because of the nature of the offense and his celebrity. I say give him another chance. There are people walking around free who have done far worse than anything Vick ever did.

nwdyr

it is a fact that celeb's and people with money do FAR less time then the "average" Joe...........not Joe "the plumber"

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2851977
because, to be perfectly honest, you are safer, in the terms of u being bitten by the dog, than you would be with another dog, those dogs are trained from birth not to bite people, otherwise, how would u separate them in the ring, besides, they really do make great pets, ive rehabilitated several while i was animal control, and never had a single problem out of them.
I guess you make a point, but I'm still not going to risk it. I have 8 dogs, 4 of which were rescue dogs but none are pits. I have probably owned 20 dogs since I was 10 or so and I have never had a pit and will never have one. I don't have my dogs as any type of home protection, that's what my handgun is for. They do bark if anyone turns on the path 500 yards from the house though...LOL.

mboswell1982

Originally Posted by LKGRenegade22
http:///forum/post/2852079
I guess you make a point, but I'm still not going to risk it. I have 8 dogs, 4 of which were rescue dogs but none are pits. I have probably owned 20 dogs since I was 10 or so and I have never had a pit and will never have one. I don't have my dogs as any type of home protection, that's what my handgun is for. They do bark if anyone turns on the path 500 yards from the house though...LOL.
honestly, i would rather be bitten by a pit bull, and i have been, scars on the leg, only time ive ever been bitten seriously in anger by a dog lol, than i would a blue healer, aka an australian cattle dog, the pit who bit me had been half tranq'd, and i was dragging him back to my catch truck by his legs, didnt have my catch pole because i didnt think id find him when i was searching for him LOL so it was my, read MY fault i got bit, but big deal, he was scared, seriously hurt, and half knocked out, he just reacted lol

http:///forum/post/2852085
honestly, i would rather be bitten by a pit bull, and i have been, scars on the leg, only time ive ever been bitten seriously in anger by a dog lol, than i would a blue healer, aka an australian cattle dog, the pit who bit me had been half tranq'd, and i was dragging him back to my catch truck by his legs, didnt have my catch pole because i didnt think id find him when i was searching for him LOL so it was my, read MY fault i got bit, but big deal, he was scared, seriously hurt, and half knocked out, he just reacted lol
I don't want to get bit by ANY dog.

mboswell1982

Originally Posted by LKGRenegade22
http:///forum/post/2852088
I don't want to get bit by ANY dog.

LOL healers have a stronger bite rating, sharper teeth, and are smarter, if you ever own one, they have a bad tendency to nip at ur heals, herding you around, ive worked with healers since i was probably 8 yrs old, and in the course of that, have lost 5 head of cows that i can remember due to the healers hamstringing them int he course of rounding up the herd, they dont herd by barking like most herding dogs, they do it by biting and nipping LOL

crimzy

http:///forum/post/2851882
goober, ill put it this way, if i caught my brother doing what michael vick did, he'd never have to worry about going to jail, and he would never be seen again.
i was animal control, and ive had to put to sleep my own dog, ive rescued more animals than i care to count, and either given them a home with me, or found them homes, and that includes former fighting pit bulls.
i have personally beat the crap out of at least half a dozen people for mistreating animals, and put 2 in the hospital, one for several months with multiple broken bones and a skull fractured in 2 places, to this day, he still talks with a lisp because of the damage i did to him.
yes, im a wee bit passionate about this, but, thats how i was raised, i watched my dad, well, if hadnt of been pulled off the guy, he woulda killed him, a guy for killing a horse with a 2x4 at a horse show.
so yeah
Oh man, where do I start here? Don't take offense to this Mbos, cause you seem like a good guy, but...
If what you say above is true then you have committed far more heinous crimes than Vick. You would be much more of a danger to society and much more in need of removal from society. It's strange to me that you take such offense to violence against a dog but essentially boast about violence towards a person. Personally, I don't think someone with these kind of tendencies is in any position to pass judgment on another's crimes.
I also have to say that if your father did what you say in front of you then that is absolutely child abuse. Something like that is traumatic and inappropriate in front of a child and a bit of therapy would probably be helpful.
Not trying to come down on you too hard but some of the things you say are not passion but display violent tendencies. Hopefully you were exaggerating these claims for dramatic affect.

mboswell1982

wasnt exaggerating at all, when it comes to abuse against animals, children, or women, i get very violent, very quickly. honestly, if theyd have me, id gladly join the crew of the steve irwin down in the antarctic or alf even, cause thats how passionate i am when it comes to animals. its part of why i quit as animal control, cause i just cant handle seeing animals abused. its why i prefer to be around animals, because, to be honest, most people i know in person, well, animals are better in my mind LOL but, thats how both me an my gf feel, so we're a good match LOL
and crimz, my worst offense in the eyes of the law was what i did to a guy after watching him beat up his gf in the parking lot of a club, on that one, i was initially charged with half a dozen felonies, and he spent almost a year in the hospital, and can never have kids, ever

crimzy

http:///forum/post/2852108
wasnt exaggerating at all, when it comes to abuse against animals, children, or women, i get very violent, very quickly. honestly, if theyd have me, id gladly join the crew of the steve irwin down in the antarctic or alf even, cause thats how passionate i am when it comes to animals. its part of why i quit as animal control, cause i just cant handle seeing animals abused. its why i prefer to be around animals, because, to be honest, most people i know in person, well, animals are better in my mind LOL but, thats how both me an my gf feel, so we're a good match LOL
and crimz, my worst offense in the eyes of the law was what i did to a guy after watching him beat up his gf in the parking lot of a club, on that one, i was initially charged with half a dozen felonies, and he spent almost a year in the hospital, and can never have kids, ever

That's cool bro... you feel that you are the judge, jury and executioner. Personally, I believe that violence is violence. You write about your acts of violence with such pride. You perceive acts of heinous violence and graphic maiming of another person with such righteousness. I just don't think that your crimes are anything to be especially proud of. JMO.

http:///forum/post/2852108
Don't you know 2 wrongs don't make a right. Come on bro.

mboswell1982

im not exactly proud of em, but, im not ashamed of it either, but, its because of those exact tendencies, and ive felt them all my life, my grandmother told me shortly after my 13th birthday that i take after my ancestors, and have a gene, dont know how true this is, but oh well, lol, but anyway, i have a gene,a ccording to her, that is traced back to the viking berserkers, that makes me more susceptable to severe violence, and it is because of this, that i do not go into big crowds, dont go to bars anymore, and spend most of my time with my animals, i get real tense and anxious in big boisterous crowds, and just stay outta those situations, period lol

Sounds like you have some type of social anxiety. I have a short temper myself and tend to avoid bars, big crowds, gatherings etc....but at the same time if I saw a guy beating up on his g/f I wouldn't interfere. It's just not worth it these days and you can almost bet that isn't the 1st time it has happened. Usually in those cases the woman keeps going back so it is hard to feel sorry for them.

mboswell1982

oh, i have severe social anxiety, and i can honestly say i have always been that way, i dont do concerts, i can generally handle myself pretty well at rodeos and horse shows and dog shows, i just spend most of my time down at the livestock pens LOL

aquaknight

I think I know why some of us might 'feel' for the dogs.
So, I believe we're all in same opinion that we humans are the supreme beings. Master of the domain if you will. Well, how about a person that was found guilty of assault on a physically challenged person? Or if a person was found guilty of forcing themselves upon someone who was deaf/mute, wouldn't they normally be viewed as that much more heinous? The punishment would be that much more severe? So when a person violently kills/abuses animals (I will separate hunting in a moment), why aren't we all in the same view then? This is where the separation happens, some view them as simply animals, and some view them as severe moral injustices, equal to the crimes I mentioned above. One big badguy, picking on the little guy.
As far as hunting, please. Do I really have to throw out the 'would you rather bleed to death as a mad dog tears at your throat, or would you prefer to be shot?' line. Getting pleasure from watching animals squealing for their lives is not remotely equal to hunting.
I do feel that Vick should be allowed to play. He did his punishment, all be that I don't agree with it, and it should have been much more severe, it wasn't his fault he got off. Felons have played before. Dogfighting was something outside the NFL.