Mike22's Tank

mike22cha

My dad is from cal. I have visited different parts of California a lot, basicly all my life. Once a year we'd go to California. I'm just a fan and my dads a Raiders fan.

frigger

good start on the tank...for the pink dots, scrape with a single edge razor blade... and watch that mushroom in the fourth pic when it gets big (like 5 or six inches) mine ate two green cromis

mike22cha

Sorry, no pics. I cleaned of the glass and it looks a lot better. Unfortunatently I was at my moms, who has neither a camera or internet, and I got sick Friday, so I wasn't in the mood to take any pics. I will try to get some soon. Also I have been considering this with my dad for a while, we're thinking of moving my 125 into his study at his house. Then I will have acess to the internet and a camera when I'm around my tank. Also it gets kinda loud so I didn't want it in my room anymore.
Here's the new questions or plans I'm thinking about changing:
1. I'm thinking of of changing the sand to Tropic Isle Tahitian Moon Sand.(It's the black sand)
2. Any bad or good expierences with this kind of sand?
3. Will the other old sand do fine in buckets with a little water, no light, and no circulation or filtration?
4. Is there any difference in sound between a canister and a hang-on?(Biowheel)
Thanks.

babyb

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Thats why I don't like Wet Pets. A worker sold me two tangs of the same shape nowing it was going only in a 125g. I really only wanted one but they talked me into two. I already had one and didn't think about aggression between them and so that didn't work to well. Got rid of one and the other two are fine.

if the three tankgs were of the same shape they should have been fine. when you have two of the same shape they usualy fight

mike22cha

Three of the same shape in a 125g? That's kinda a small tank for fish that became territorial. Oh well I really like the store in midwest city. It's a lot closer too.

mike22cha

I'm going to bump this because I'm wondering how 80lbs would do without filtration for who knows how long.

babyb

how did you find out about swf.com, and i have a question abut your name, what does the cha stand for

babyb

hey i dont know if you know or not but pet vet is haveing a half off sale may 12 on all fish and corals and 10% off there tanks, its going to be great

barchtruong

erhhh, I don't like that place! their stuff look not too healthy
BabyB>>you should visit the place I told you in Yukon, you will love it. His corals are pretty. not cheap thou.

mpls man

as far as the alge in the tank..
how old are your lights?
what are your phosphates at ?
add more circulation to the tank, powerheads.
what do you have for filteration ?

mike22cha

BabyB, yes I did hear about the sale so I want to hurry up and move the tank so that I can add some new fish and corals.
Barchtroung, I have to agree that the quality of the pets there is not great at all. When I bought my chromis, he pulled out a dead one out of the tank first and then pullled out the three I took home, 2/3 survived. Yesterday my dad and I were walking around and we noticed a puffer on the sand on its side barely moving. My dad said that it was eating but I said it was dying. Turned out it died in front of us and my dad told the guy who works there and he said he was having trouble getting him to eat.
MPLS MAN, I got my lights at Christmas. As soon as I move my tank I'm planing on getting new powerheads and two new biowheels for filtration because I have had my doubts if even half the powerheads and filters are working.

mike22cha

Well I decided not to buy the sand and spend that money on corals. Still have I question I was wondering about, propably asked earlier but never answered, can a UV sterilizer go in a reef tank?

babyb

i went to pet vet today and was talking to the guy and he said that they were going to get a few stingrays in, to bad my tank is to small but i still love to look at them

mike22cha

I was there today too. They do have a stingray and a shark, unfortunately both are in the same tank that is not that big and are with a puffer and triggers.

mike22cha

Got my equipement I ordered today! :cheer:
:jumping:
Sorry sfw.com, I love your stuff so don't be offended that I got it from another site. My purchase consisted of 2 Penguin Bio-wheel 350, which is enough filtration for 150g, 2 Penguin 660 Powerheads, 2 Flo Rotating water deflectors, which will hopefully provide more water movement which will hopefully cut down the amount of algae, and 1 Penguin Media basket for the filters. Also today my dad and I are going to move my 125g to his house!
:happyfish So that's the plan for today.

mike22cha

Well there is a huge sale going on at a local lfs next Saturday so I'm trying to save up for that. The problem is my dad doesn't want me to acclimate them into the 125g till sunday or monday. I have re-set-up my 20g and 10g so I have to buy water at another lfs store. How much will that cost? 1-2$ per gallon?

babyb

what does the cha mean on your name
i know i have told the fish guy a few times that triggers puffers sharksand stingrays dont mix but i guess he does what he can