Millmod Nanocube surface skimmer v1.1

jacksdad

Just a few pictures of the skimmer I am making for the 12 and 24 gallon Nanocube. Held in place by magnets that are covered with epoxy. Picture 1 is the assembly. 2 is both of the sizes and 3 is the back view showing the magnet bracket.
Bob

jacksdad

Good news. The skimmer for the 12NC will fit the 6 gallon model. I need to do some final checks, but it looks like it will work with no further modification. If anyone is interested please drop me an e-mail.
Thanks,
Bob

jacksdad

Nanocubes are notorious for surface scum. Because the filter intake is usually below the water. This skimmer allows you to break the surface a the water while maintaining high water levels in the display area. This will keep the surface and the water in general very clear.
Bob

zenway9

hey jacksdad,
when i finally do install this, should i keep the foam out of the 1st chamber? what are all 3 of your chamber setups?

jacksdad

chamber 1 or intake chamber I have the sponge that came with the cube. I cut it in half. under that I have a bag of chemi-pure.
chamber 2: rock rubble, chaeto,heater
chamber 3: return pump more rock rubble
I don't think it is necessary to change your setup. That being said it is impossible for me know every setup and the effect this skimmer might have on them. The most important thing to do is maintain water levels in the back chambers. Because all the evap takes place back there I seem to do more top offs than I did without it.
Bob

zenway9

thanks for the info...no charcoal huh? i have 2 of the sponges in chamber 1, 2 small bags of charcoal in chamber 2, and my heater and pump in chamber 3.

firefish21

Bob

I received my skimmer yesterday and it works great! I love it.
It was well worth the wait.
Thanks very much. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to keep the "stock" look to their cube., This is very professionally done.
Thanks again
Brittney

jacksdad

Brittney,
Thanks for the praise. I am glad you like it and it's working for you.
Bob
Zenway:
Yours should receive your next week sometime. I will send an e-mail
masala:
You have e-mail

feixjai

how much does it cost? and how much is shipping to san francisco? i would like one for my 24 gallon nano that im getting soon like in about a few more weeks. just want to get more info on the skimmer you made. my email is f3ixjai@yahoo.com if you have any extra info on that you would like to share with me

jacksdad

Skimmers are $34.50 shipping included anywhere in the continental US. Orders received from outside of the US will have extra shipping charges.
Bob

That is a LOW 34.50 if you are looking for an insane quality product.
< VERY VERY VERY please with what I received. Hell I would buy another one if I needed it :)