mushroom in a blender, I'm going to prove or disprove it

reefkprz

I have a processer dedicated to making my own fish foods and stuff, I could blend dog poo in it and not worry about mixing margaritas later.

reefer545

Very cool. I ll be checking this one a bunch.
In what language is "et" a word? Don't say Latin. And firther, what does itmean?

reefkprz

et is english(or american) it is the past tense of eat. "having et" is the same phrase as "having eaten" with less letters but not being slang.

reefkprz

the water was marine water from the tank that they came out of. I blended them and then drip acclimated and screened (read as used a shrimp net to catch particles but keep from throwing in the "slime") lots of picking I got a bunch of gobs out, but still a bunch of the stress slime went into the tank.
I did not measure how much water it was, probably about one cup or less (it was about 1/2 inch in a specimen container)

coral keeper

How long was the mushroom in your tank befor you put it in the blender, can you go to the LFS and get a mushroom and on the first day blend it up?

reefkprz

the green spotted was one of my originals from years ago
the red was in my tank for about 10months
the watermelon maybe 2 years.
this is an expiriment, I would not suggest blending as a succesful form of fragging.

R

reefernana

This is so cool! I can't wait to see how they do/don't progress. I'm thinking tho that if others have tried it and it worked for them, soon you will have a tank full of little baby mushrooms. Maybe even some mixed new varieties. Wouldn't that be cool........lol!

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
but can i get a mushroom from the store today and start cutting it up today too? or will it die?
one of my top three forms of identifying if a coral is ready to frag is if it isnt showing signifigant growth dont frag it. nuff said.

mike22cha

Dude I wan't to see what happens so bad. If it works I want to try it so bad. I have two umbrella shrooms that are growing and wanted to frag, but if this works, then who needs three or four from each?

Sounds like a get rich quick scheme to me.
LOL

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
oh first casualty, a large chunk of red shroom fell onto a protopaly and is et, (yes et is a real word not a typo). the struggle of life on the big reef continues.
I used to be a high school science teacher, and I applaud your experiment and think it will work. But I would count points off for that "American" word et. No way Jose. I would give you 100 points for being so creative, 10 points extra if the experiment works, but minus 10 point for terrible grammar! Just cutting up with you! But I won't ever say et, lol. I'll be keeping track of this. I think it's wonderful!

mike22cha

That would be a sweet science fair expirement. Why haven't I heard of that myth last winter during science fair?

P

pasphotography

Very Cool... Ill be watching as well. I had a large bright red shroom expand its bas on the rock so I helped it along but cutting ties with the main stalk. now I have two more new ones growing a head after less than a week.

jennythebugg

quick shroom question while we are on the suject here chief...we have a small rock that is completly covered with them, can some of them be removed from that rock and transplanted to another rock or will that kill them ?please don't laugh at me, keep in mind i know nothing of this stuff