mushroom in a blender, I'm going to prove or disprove it

ridomart

Take a sharp razor blade & slice it off the rock, Then take wedding vail & put the shroom on a peice of lr & place the wedding vail over them & secure with a ruber band. where you cut it off the lr will also grow a shroom

reefforbrains

What a stupid idea,..who in the world gave it to you!!
LOL just kidding!
He was probably dashing and brilliant. Worthy of praise and adoration. The kind of Guy a person should run into the hills and write folks songs about....... *ahem* Anyway!
I am always stoked to see this sorta goofeyness. And a message to all other reefers out there. GET YOUR OWN BLENDER. They are cheap and you can grind all sorts of nasties in it without the wife ever caring. The whole " dont worry, Ill clean it really well when I am finished" THATS total BS and we all know it.............becaue we have ALL tried it and they are hard to clean to your spouses satisfaction.
Ok enough hijack, Make sure and keep up on this thread, we want pics. Loads of Pics.
What about the sponge in a blender????

mike22cha

I told my dad about it and I said "How much is a cheap blender?" And he goes "Oh, don't worry. If we do that then we will just run it through the dish washer a couple a times. No biggy."
I'm so glad it's just me and my dad! Don't have to worry about cleaning any thing!

When I get back from Cali. I'll try it. But I think I'm going to try to do my first fragging tomorrow with one of the two mushroom umbrellas, and since they're only 8$ here @ swf.com I'll order some more to practice fragging and blending

mcbdz

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
LOL just kidding!
He was probably dashing and brilliant. Worthy of praise and adoration. The kind of Guy a person should run into the hills and write folks songs about....... *ahem* Anyway!
I am always stoked to see this sorta goofeyness. And a message to all other reefers out there. GET YOUR OWN BLENDER. They are cheap and you can grind all sorts of nasties in it without the wife ever caring. The whole " dont worry, Ill clean it really well when I am finished" THATS total BS and we all know it.............becaue we have ALL tried it and they are hard to clean to your spouses satisfaction.
Ok enough hijack, Make sure and keep up on this thread, we want pics. Loads of Pics.
So now we know who is filling his head with these hairbrained ideas. JK
Lots of softies

reefkprz

sponges definatly work, the funny thing is most of the pieces just reattach to each other once introduced to the aquarium then they grow new sponges. the hardest part is blending them without exposing them to air.
Just so everyone knows It was ReefForBrains that put me up to the mushroom in a blender expiriment.

jennythebugg

LOL just kidding!
sickos...they prolly got drunk together and started throwng stuff in the blender after they drank all the margaritas then came up with this hairbrained sceme as cover so wifey didnt yell when they ruined the first blender..see we're on to you now

reefkprz

Originally Posted by janicebembry
I used to be a high school science teacher, and I applaud your experiment and think it will work. But I would count points off for that "American" word et. No way Jose. I would give you 100 points for being so creative, 10 points extra if the experiment works, but minus 10 point for terrible grammar! Just cutting up with you! But I won't ever say et, lol. I'll be keeping track of this. I think it's wonderful!

so thts an A- for the day then...

I am so in on this... I can't wait to see!
Hey, reefkeeperZ and ReefForBrains... are there any educational threads that you guys may have posted regarding how to frag corals for dummies?
I have frogspawn, cabbage coral, two types of button polyps, green ricordea, red mushrooms, umbrella mushroom, colt coral, xenia. They are ALL growing like MAD, and I am interested in fragging them to make more room for the fishies to swim and maybe to have some colt coral here, some on another side of tank to add color...

reefkprz

Originally Posted by porthosandjazz
I am so in on this... I can't wait to see!
Hey, reefkeeperZ and ReefForBrains... are there any educational threads that you guys may have posted regarding how to frag corals for dummies?
I have frogspawn, cabbage coral, two types of button polyps, green ricordea, red mushrooms, umbrella mushroom, colt coral, xenia. They are ALL growing like MAD, and I am interested in fragging them to make more room for the fishies to swim and maybe to have some colt coral here, some on another side of tank to add color...
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/264461/more-fragging-fun
this is a link to a fragging thread I made, there is also a fragging video thread called "short fragging videos" pretty easy to find if you use the search feature. hope this helps.

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=264461
this is a link to a fragging thread I made, there is also a fragging video thread called "short fragging videos" pretty easy to find if you use the search feature. hope this helps.
Oh. I see the "search" button now. I am still trying to learn how to use this chat forum thing. I went the hard way and clicked on your name and then clicked "see all posts by reefkprZ" tried to go through all of your posts... that took a long time hehehe. So I just decided to ask you instead.
Anyway... thank you so very much :hug:

reef46

Originally Posted by RiDoMart
This hobby's not about making money, its about spending money!
Yeah but just think about all the goodies he could get selling/trading those bad boys!

ridomart

That dosen't work. I frag Xenia every other week & take it to the lfs & he gives me $100 & I see this new coral,LR,skimmer,ect, & spend another $200. Think I need to learn something????

spy231

Originally Posted by RiDoMart
This hobby's not about making money, its about spending money!
I am just starting and feel like I have spent a fortune. I think I am about to make some of my money back if this works though. I will start selling "fragging" blenders. I will go down to walmart and buy a $19 blender and slap a "FrAGgInG" sticker on it and sell it for $150. Anybody want to preorder? I will offer them to board members for $100. + shipping of course.