My 12 gallon JBJ Nano Cube.

speg

Originally Posted by mrdc
http:///forum/post/3259581
Sweet looking tank and I see the sexy shrimp! Too bad you don't live closer to me because I could have hooked you up with all the orange monti that you could handle.
lol oh well! It was only a 15 dollar piece so I was pretty happy. My other monti cost 19 bucks... almost had to take out a loan for that one :)

speg

Everything has been doing pretty darn good. I've been seeing some shocking growth from the two montis in the tank. The acan lord is getting fat and probably one of the fastest growing LPS I've seen.
Tomorrow I'll be getting in:
Toxic Lava People Eater Zoanthids..
Nuclear Green Palythoas.
Bam Bam Orange Zoanthids.
Blue Tubs.
Armor of Gods.
and Whamming Watermellon zoas.
Pretty excited :)

speg

Originally Posted by jemshores
http:///forum/post/3259350
Here's their phone and address: 352-596-3461 13162 Spring Hill Drive
I ended up finding it!
They're about as decent as they used to be as far as selection/prices.. can't believe how big those anemones are in their display tank.. holy smokes.

speg

Pic of my zoa-forest.. sorry that the pic quality leaves out much of their beauty :( :( :(

Acan that grows so fast-Blasto that looks awesome-and Duncan that grows WAY fast. (look at the new heads!)

The whole thing..

speg

I just wanted to see if there is any growth in my monti cap... This monti cap and my Hodag's montipora are my first sps... very excited to see them doing well... had no idea they'd be so furry :p This will be most likely be the last/only sps I get unless I get halides. This is about a month of growth (if there is any growth) under the nanos stock lighting.
Before:

Today:

speg

It's hard to tell.. but it's actually grown a lot. The bottom is actually curled upwards.. very cool... I'll do more of these in the future cause they're fun.

speg

Originally Posted by nikeSB
http:///forum/post/3263984
pics of the toxic lavas pls. they love high light btw. theyre kept under 400w radiums
So far they won't come out. They're the ones all the way on the right side of the 'zoa forest' pic.
One of just starting to peek open.. got them at the highest point in the tank.
All the others that I got opened up fine so far. Nuclear Green-Tubbs Blue-Armor of Gods-Whamming Watermellon-Bam Bams.. just waitin on the toxic lavas.
I'll get you that pic as soon as I get to look at them!

speg

http:///forum/post/3263984
pics of the toxic lavas pls. they love high light btw. theyre kept under 400w radiums
They've come out quite a bit more today but still not fully... guess they're just acclimating themselves.
Got them in the highest point of the tank and they're getting some pretty high flow up there.. what kind of flow you keepin yours under?

nikesb

ive tried both high flow and low flow. either or is fine with them. i know that he had them in both areas too. i just know theyre use to the strong lighting. right now i have them in moderate flow in indirect light. just toying around with them to see what happens

speg

They opened really well today and I figure they'll be 100% tomorrow. I took pics of them but my wife's camera phone kinda sucks at up-close pics. I'll get my old camera up and running as soon as things aren't so hectic around here.

speg

http:///forum/post/3264340
ive tried both high flow and low flow. either or is fine with them. i know that he had them in both areas too. i just know theyre use to the strong lighting. right now i have them in moderate flow in indirect light. just toying around with them to see what happens
I removed them from the high flow and put them into low flow/high light and they've opened really well. I shoulda got you that pic today!
4 more polyps on one plug sold on *the place* yesterday for 17.50.. they're getting cheaper.

nikesb

thats probably the last of them you will see for awhile. once in awhile people luck out. you have to time it, id imagine alot of the buyers are actually local. he just sold the shop and hes moving down to the caribbean

nikesb

haha, how do you like them though? they should look close to my avatar since its under pc lighting. i took the photo when i had my tank with 2 10k and 2 460nm

speg

I'll get a pic of them when they've opened.. should be a decent pic now that they're at the back of the tank.

speg

Ok the pic still won't come out.. apparently now they're too far away. Yeah, they look just like the one in your pic. I love the purple color before the actual skirt-really neat looking.
The nuclear green's are cool, but not nearly as big as I figured they'd be.. still cool though.
Armor of Gods still my favorite...things are friggin huge.

speg

Well... had some temp flux issues for a bit.. apparently I put a montipora in the way of a powerhead and it caused the flow to be reduced-ultimately causing the temperature in the tank to increase... the problem has been fixed... some coral was looking shabby for a couple days and I couldn't figure out why.. hopefully they'll look better now.